Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware Of Joe Burrow=Andrew Luck
Joe Burrow is two games in his rookie season and has been hit a ton. If the Bengals don't invest in a great offensive line we potentially can lose a future great QB to a short career by taking so many shots from a lack of protection from his offensive line. Andrew Luck had a horrible front line and it took its toll on him and when they finally addressed the issue it was too late for him, the damage was already done. I'd hate to see that happen to Burrow, he has such a high ceiling and is the player us Bengal fans have been waiting for years.
Reply/Quote
Thought we weren't going to get bipolar after two games?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:40 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Thought we weren't going to get bipolar after two games?

I didn't say fire head coach or we were going to go to playoffs. Im just stating the obvious after watching the first two games. Nothing bipolar about that. 
Reply/Quote
*With the 2nd pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Penei Sewell. OT out of Oregon*
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:42 AM)GodFather Wrote: I didn't say fire head coach or we were going to go to playoffs. Im just stating the obvious after watching the first two games. Nothing bipolar about that. 

I'm mostly just giving you a hard time but really it's only been two games, I don't disagree that the line needs to improve but kind of hard to compare to Luck at this point in time. 
Reply/Quote
Agreed 100% you can't win throwing the ball 61 times a game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don’t think suggesting we should fire a 2-16 HC would be “bipolar” either...

Actually seems rather rational to me.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:45 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I'm mostly just giving you a hard time but really it's only been two games, I don't disagree that the line needs to improve but kind of hard to compare to Luck at this point in time. 

I know and its funny, but in all seriousness, yeah its only two games but you don't really think this offensive line is going to turn it around by the end of the season do you? If Burrow keeps getting hits for the next 14 games (ESPECIALLY when we play the Steelers twice and their cheap shots we all know they are famous for) isn't going to beat the hell out of his body year one?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:50 AM)GodFather Wrote: I know and its funny, but in all seriousness, yeah its only two games but you don't really think this offensive line is going to turn it around by the end of the season do you? If Burrow keeps getting hits for the next 14 games (ESPECIALLY when we play the Steelers twice and their cheap shots we all know they are famous for) isn't going to beat the hell out of his body year one?

There is nothing leading me to believe that the current right side of the Oline is going to turn things around, something needs to change, i.e. Turner, new guys, or scheme. 
Reply/Quote
Luck never loved football. Burrow does. only thing I worry about is Zac ruining his confidence and turning him into David Carr.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think suggesting we should fire a 2-16 HC would be “bipolar” either...

He seems like to me he has a good relationship with Burrow and we are one bad PI away from being 1-1.  I say give him more time with the players he selected and maybe a new GM who knows what he is doing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think suggesting we should fire a 2-16 HC would be “bipolar” either...

He was playing his first year with a majority of Marvins guys, you gotta give him a chance to put himself in a position to succeed. I give him a pass this year too but if he can't bring us to the playoffs next season WITH at least one playoff victory then he should go, but I think he deserves the opportunity and realistic time to do it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:46 AM)J24 Wrote: Agreed 100% you can't win throwing the ball 61 times a game.

It's up there with QBs in the past throwing for 400 yards before the big rule changes on DPI and the like. It sounded impressive but it rarely boded well for a W ('10-'11 QB went 5-15 when they threw for 400+).

The only other two rookies who have thrown for 60+ passes? Chris Weinke (in a L) and Carson Wentz (in a L).

Can't find any listing on other games by non-rookies who threw 60+ times but I can't imagine it is great results from a W-L perspective. (I did see where Luck did it once, in 2018, in an overtime L.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:54 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Luck never loved football. Burrow does. only thing I worry about is Zac ruining his confidence and turning him into David Carr.

How do you possibly know that?

Reply/Quote
Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

Or another example might be David Carr. He didn't retire but he was ruined by a lack offensive line.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *With the 2nd pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Penei Sewell. OT out of Oregon*

1st pick thanks to Lou Anarumo being the d coordinator who is un fireable.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:55 AM)GodFather Wrote: He was playing his first year with a majority of Marvins guys, you gotta give him a chance to put himself in a position to succeed. I give him a pass this year too but if he can't bring us to the playoffs next season WITH at least one playoff victory then he should go, but I think he deserves the opportunity and realistic time to do it. 

I like Zac, but i DO NOT like Lou Anarumo...man that guy sucks so bad its insane.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Can Burrow earn us a coveted "AFC Championship Game Participant" banner like Luck did for the Colts?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *With the 2nd pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...Penei Sewell. OT out of Oregon*

If we have the number 2 pick it better be:

"The Bengals trade the 2nd pick to *insert team here" for..."

Someone will give up a ton to come up and draft Fields.  We can't pass on getting a shit ton of quality picks for one player.  We have way too many holes.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:33 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: 1st pick thanks to Lou Anarumo being the d coordinator who is un fireable.

I was trying to make an easier scenario for taking Sewell. If we end up with the #1OA we might end up trading the pick to a team that needs Lawrence.

Reply/Quote