Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware Of Joe Burrow=Andrew Luck
(09-18-2020, 11:43 AM)GodFather Wrote: Whats worse is when Zac Taylor was asked after the game about all the hits Burrow has been taking his response was, "He did what he had to do"

Maybe if the offensive line did what they had to do Burrow wouldn't have gotten hit so much?

I’m starting to really dislike the guy. Ofc he can’t say they sucked, and he’d like to get rid of them all, but at least show a little frustration. Something along the lines of “its unacceptable” or “no one’s job is safe at this point.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:55 AM)GodFather Wrote: He was playing his first year with a majority of Marvins guys, you gotta give him a chance to put himself in a position to succeed. I give him a pass this year too but if he can't bring us to the playoffs next season WITH at least one playoff victory then he should go, but I think he deserves the opportunity and realistic time to do it. 

I agree, people who thought this was gonna be a quick turnaround haven't been paying attention the last 3 or 4 years. This ship has slowly been sinking since the Jeremy Hill fumble. Entirely new system finally sunk it last season. The salvage job begins.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:54 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Luck never loved football. Burrow does. only thing I worry about is Zac ruining his confidence and turning him into David Carr.

David Carr's first 2 games of his rookie season:
1) 10 of 22 45.45% 145 yards 2 TD 1 INT 78.8 qbrating (sacked 6 times)
2) 6 of 25 24% 87 yards 0 TD 2 INT 8.2 qbrating (sacked 9 times)

Do I need to put Burrow's stats to show that I don't think we need to worry about him becoming the next David Carr?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a terrifying stat.

See what I mean about that oline? Wink

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:55 AM)J24 Wrote: He seems like to me he has a good relationship with Burrow and we are one bad PI away from being 1-1.  I say give him more time with the players he selected and maybe a new GM who knows what he is doing.

welcome to cincy,joe burrow,where great players go to die, and this staff is going to just kill joe burrow,his line is just awlful and this d is horrible. its going to be a 5 game winning season for this team,they need better coaching and better players,that number 74 is a big dumb dude.Why was he starting in place of ANYONE .
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m starting to really dislike the guy. Ofc he can’t say they sucked, and he’d like to get rid of them all, but at least show a little frustration. Something along the lines of “its unacceptable” or “no one’s job is safe at this point.”

But he's building a WiNnInG cUlTuRe!!1

The wins are coming, you guuuuys!  It's just gonna take eight years!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:59 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: See what I mean about that oline? Wink

Thanks Captain Obvious lol

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thanks Captain Obvious lol

Well, that's kinda the point I was trying to make in our Gameday conversation. The guy is literally running for his life back there. If we had even a decent oline, we may have hung a 40 burger or more on the Brownies. This offensive line took our average/good QB and made him terrible. They're taking the best prospect in years and making him have 5 YPA. It's literally sinking this team. That's obviously entirely too many hits to be taking. I was almost at the point of wanting them to pull him, but the bastard kept keeping us in the game....lol.

Reply/Quote

For all you guys who said i was overreacting with this thread. This is week three. Thirteen more weeks to go. This is painful to watch.

I'm telling you Burrow is the best thing to happen to this team/organization in decades, and the only thing that can destroy it? Well the Bengals of course. This coaching staff and front office better get their shit together and protect their asset like Mike Brown protects his bank accounts.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:51 PM)GodFather Wrote:

For all you guys who said i was overreacting with this thread. This is week three. Thirteen more weeks to go. This is painful to watch.

I'm telling you Burrow is the best thing to happen to this team/organization in decades, and the only thing that can destroy it? Well the Bengals of course. This coaching staff and front office better get their shit together and protect their asset like Mike Brown protects his bank accounts.

That hit had less to do with the line and more to do with Burrow scrambling around.

Don’t get me wrong, the Oline is terrible, but using that play as evidence doesn’t make sense.
Reply/Quote