Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIGGINS and TATE Cheers
(09-28-2020, 11:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think i have it figured out. Tell me if i'm wrong. 

You like Ross in there because he fits a unique role in the offense, even though he's rarely productive and when he does produce, it's more negative plays than positive. 

You don't like Tate in there because he doesn't really fit a unique role, as well as being redundant since other guys can do what he does, even though he has produced when given a chance, complete with a long list of highlight reel catches.

The difference between the two really boils down to this.  John Ross scores TD's.  Auden Tate doesn't.  

That's a big reason why I get confused when people try to say Tate produces or is more productive.  TD's are production, too.  They are more important than yards when it comes to actually winning games.  

Like I've said, Tate vs Ross should really be about the #5 WR spot.  Neither guy should be heavily leaned on to see a bunch of targets.  With a limited target quantity, Ross represents a better opportunity to create a game changing play.  He's caught deep balls.  He's caught TD's.  Tate doesn't do either.  

As far as highlight reels go, TD catches tend to make the highlights, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:22 AM)Whatever Wrote: The difference between the two really boils down to this.  John Ross scores TD's.  Auden Tate doesn't.  

That's a big reason why I get confused when people try to say Tate produces or is more productive.  TD's are production, too.  They are more important than yards when it comes to actually winning games.  

Like I've said, Tate vs Ross should really be about the #5 WR spot.  Neither guy should be heavily leaned on to see a bunch of targets.  With a limited target quantity, Ross represents a better opportunity to create a game changing play.  He's caught deep balls.  He's caught TD's.  Tate doesn't do either.  

As far as highlight reels go, TD catches tend to make the highlights, too.

Tate is the #4WR.  How much more do you want out of the fourth or fifth option?  He had two catches for first downs.  Good job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your “flipping out” remark was in response to a post I made, and I’ve never once compared him to anyone, let alone any of those guys. I’ve also never suggested he’s anything more than a solid weapon to go along with the much more versatile receivers like Boyd and AJ.

You quoted a post of mine where I pointed out that his 19 yard catch came on a broken coverage, talking about how good his footwork was on the play even though there was no defender near him, he had come almost to a complete stop and had little momentum carrying him OoB, and he wasn't that close to the chalk.  You felt the need to point out his routine footwork on the play and heap praise on it.  How would you term it instead of flipping out?

You also stated no one claimed he was a Pro Bowler, not that you specifically never claimed that.  Although it still begs the question as to why if you don't feel he's that great you feel the need to talk him up and defend him as much as you do.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:24 AM)McC Wrote: Tate is the #4WR.  How much more do you want out of the fourth or fifth option?  He had two catches for first downs.  Good job.

I don't know that he's the #4 when he was inactive last week.  He also certainly hasn't outplayed Thomas to be considered the #4.

I expect a guy who has his agent yapping about trades if he doesn't get a bigger role in the offense and is supposed to be the contested catch king to come down with at least one of the three end zone targets they forced to him.  If you're gonna talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.  I still don't understand why people keep giving him a pass for that stunt.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know that he's the #4 when he was inactive last week.  He also certainly hasn't outplayed Thomas to be considered the #4.

I expect a guy who has his agent yapping about trades if he doesn't get a bigger role in the offense and is supposed to be the contested catch king to come down with at least one of the three end zone targets they forced to him.  If you're gonna talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.  I still don't understand why people keep giving him a pass for that stunt.

Mike Thomas did nothing against Philly. 2 catches for 9 yds.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know that he's the #4 when he was inactive last week.  He also certainly hasn't outplayed Thomas to be considered the #4.

Okay, so he's the number five.  That just makes your rant all the more over the top. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:24 AM)McC Wrote: Tate is the #4WR.  How much more do you want out of the fourth or fifth option?  He had two catches for first downs.  Good job.

Yep Joe
Reply/Quote

Tate went from 5 catches to 40 with garbage QBing.
His YPC average increased. 
Him.and Burrow found a solid connection in the summer.
How does ZT say thank.you....by making him.inactive.week 2. 
The WR that shouldnt dress on Sundays is Erickson.
He has done very this season other than return punts and hes average at best at that. 
Erickson gives you nothing offensively
Reply/Quote
AkA goodbye Ross...
Reply/Quote