Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biased Media
This morning, Mike Greene on ESPN was narrating highlights of the Browns-Steelers game... the Browns had just scored to pull to within 4 points.  The remaining highlights were all Steelers scoring, with Greene commenting as the Steelers "restoring some order."
Like HOW DARE the Browns score and try to win!
It's ridiculous and disgusting.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:35 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This morning, Mike Greene on ESPN was narrating highlights of the Browns-Steelers game... the Browns had just scored to pull to within 4 points.  The remaining highlights were all Steelers scoring, with Greene commenting as the Steelers "restoring some order."

IMHO nothing you have said is wrong, which is why I don't listen to that nonsense anymore.

They get paid to give their lame opinions.
Reply/Quote
To the squeelers credit, they always begin the games losing and finish them winning. Time after time...
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:35 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This morning, Mike Greene on ESPN was narrating highlights of the Browns-Steelers game... the Browns had just scored to pull to within 4 points.  The remaining highlights were all Steelers scoring, with Greene commenting as the Steelers "restoring some order."

That's exactly what Pittsburgh did..... ??
Reply/Quote
"Biased Media" is a redundancy
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's exactly what Pittsburgh did..... ??

Yea, but HOW/WHY is that considered "restoring order?" The Browns aren't allowed to win, without that being considered disorder?  I'm sorry but I thought this was the NFL, not the WWE.
Reply/Quote
You should be ashamed of yourself for watching ESPN as a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I don't watch it religiously.
But, I can't stand "regular" TV so I'll watch it if I'm channel surfing.
Reply/Quote

Well that's because after the Browns scored to make it 16-12, the next 17 points were scored by the Steelers. A garbage time TD with :06 left was the next time that the Browns scored. 

As far as 'restoring some order' the Steelers dominating 14-6 and driving to make it 21-6 early in the 3rd when they lost a fumble on the 3 which eventually led to a safety to make it 16-6, followed by the special teams gaffe....they treated the free kick like a punt and let it bounce, where Cleveland recovered the "onside kick" inside the 10 then scored a TD.....

So after that series of events, instead of being up 21-6 early in the 3rd, the Browns through some breaks and some stupidity, were suddenly within 4 midway through the 3rd. What looked to be a Steelers rout was suddenly a ball game.......until they regained their composure and "restored some order" and went on to rout the Browns anyway.

It's really not the great conspiracy that you think that it is. 
Reply/Quote
I don’t really have an opinion on the OP, but I really hate listening to experts who look like they’ve never played a down of football in their lives at any age. I know you can be an expert without having played but I still hate listening to them. I can’t even look at Bayless. Maybe if they weren’t so smug.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It isn't limited to tv. I don't listen too much to NFL radio because every time I turn it on they're talking about the NFC East. Never fails. This morning was wall-to-wall coverage about Eli and the 1-7 who-gives-a-**** Giants. Look, I get it, the shows originate from NYC, but there are 28 teams outside the NFCE, so maybe try talking about them from time to time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It isn't limited to tv. I don't listen too much to NFL radio because every time I turn it on they're talking about the NFC East. Never fails. This morning was wall-to-wall coverage about Eli and the 1-7 who-gives-a-**** Giants. Look, I get it, the shows originate from NYC, but there are 28 teams outside the NFCE, so maybe try talking about them from time to time.

No kidding. Anyone recall them asking “what’s wrong with the Jaguars” a few years ago? No. Nobody cared, but they assume we care about Giants, Redskins, Eagles and Cowboys. Kind of like when the Red Sox play the Yankees in the regular season. They act like the rest of the country can’t wait to watch
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Sounds like they were trying to create the impression the Steelers were the better team.
Reply/Quote
I stink Tomkat is right in a certain way. The sports media are biased toward the more successful teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:25 AM)Dill Wrote: Sounds like they were trying to create the impression the Steelers were the better team.

The Steelers WERE the better team, that day.
However, it's not like the Browns winning should be considered "disorder" in the universe.
Any given Sunday, and all that... this expectation/scripted crap is getting frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 11:19 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Any given Sunday, and all that... this expectation/scripted crap is getting frustrating.

So when the better team wins that is proof that the league is "scripted"?

I see a small problem with that logic.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote