Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Thumpers
(11-14-2015, 04:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's just a nice gesture that stuck with me. When I was younger, I did the tracting thing. One day, it was about 95 degrees out, I was wearing a lot of clothes, and trying to spread the word of God.  We stopped by some random dude's house and he told us he had his own beliefs and that we would not sway him.  He then gave us each a bottle of water and politely told us to kick rocks.  I remember feeling that my day was going to go better due to that small act of kindnes, even though I had been turned down.  I now try to make others feel the same.

You are a good dude . I love that you do this and I am ashamed at myself for not doing it up until now. But that will change.
(11-14-2015, 03:57 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: On the flip-side I wonder how people would feel if a Jewish, Buddhist or Muslim person came to their door trying to sell their religion or even an Athiest selling the idea of non-religion.

I have actually had a Muslim before come by... I atarted off letting them know that this is a christian home. To their credit they did stay and wanted to engage me so we talked at the door. It was a pleasant conversation. I asked them specifics and they answered.. The women were not dressed as ninja's .... They did offer to leave us some info that did include info for our children. Which I reminded them that we are Christians and have no intention of abandoning God.

My wife is more forgiving with Islam than I am... But she also sees how America and Europe is eroding thanks to the pro Islam propaganda.

She is Russian orthodox and wears a head scarf when we go to Orthodox Church. But does not go around town wearing one.
I'll find religion right after I find Bigfoot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-14-2015, 05:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll find religion right after I find Bigfoot.
Hopefully, it will find you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-14-2015, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully, it will find you.

Why would you say that?  I hope Bigfoot doesn't track me down!  He might be dangerous.
(11-14-2015, 07:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why would you say that?  I hope Bigfoot doesn't track me down!  He might be dangerous.

Yes, We fear what we don't know.

(11-14-2015, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, We fear what we don't know.

I thought we all feared Islam because they are violent and crazy.

But seriously, I went to a Catholic school, was raised Catholic, and I'm confirmed and baptized and all that. I realize that Catholics are pretty unpopular in the white person's religious world (I'm Irish AND Italian, what else could I be?) but it's not like I wasn't given a daily dosage of vitamin church growing up.

I just always bring up Bigfoot to show how tolerant people with "faith" are for other people with you know...faith?
(11-14-2015, 07:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought we all feared Islam because they are violent and crazy.

But seriously, I went to a Catholic school, was raised Catholic, and I'm confirmed and baptized and all that.  I realize that Catholics are pretty unpopular in the white person's religious world (I'm Irish AND Italian, what else could I be?) but it's not like I wasn't given a daily dosage of vitamin church growing up.

I just always bring up Bigfoot to show how tolerant people with "faith" are for other people with you know...faith?

I am Catholic. I didn't know white people were against me.
(11-14-2015, 07:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am Catholic.   I didn't know white people were against me.

I'll admit that sort of lost me along with the last line: "I just always bring up Bigfoot to show how tolerant people with "faith" are for other people with you know...faith?" What does that mean?

(11-14-2015, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll admit that sort of lost me along with the last line: "I just always bring up Bigfoot to show how tolerant people with "faith" are for other people with you know...faith?" What does that mean?

He means if you ever laugh at various nutty things that people believe in without evidence, while holding your own set of beliefs without evidence, then you're a hypocrite.
(11-14-2015, 07:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am Catholic.   I didn't know white people were against me.

My ol man was raised protestant and he told me how the prechers warned if we elect a Catholic (JFK) that the country is done for.  If Christians got along with each other there wouldn't be a zillion factions.  Thems the breaks.  The Irish and Italians were what is known as the "negroes" of Europe.  Basically when my family came to this country they were the reason this place was done for. We were stupid, didn't speak English, wouldn't assimilate, would rape your wives and daughtesr and so on. The Masons are, or at least were anti-Catholic and so on and so forth.  Catholic just isn't white-bread enough for the powers that be.

(11-14-2015, 10:09 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He means if you ever laugh at various nutty things that people believe in without evidence, while holding your own set of beliefs without evidence, then you're a hypocrite.

Pretty much this.  It's just a laugh (to me) that we live in a country where a major political debate involves what "god" would want for this country in regards to taxation and economics BUT at the same time a man who believes there is apeman in the Pacific northwest is regarded as a giant moron.  

My take on religion is that I'm about as worried about dying and seeing Jesus and whitebread god as Christians are about dying and seeing Mohammad, Islam god, or Buddha, or Vishnu, or Odin or blah blah blah.  Having faith in a specific religion takes far more confidence than I can muster.  Truthfully, I'm jealous as hell of people who are convinced omniscient beings guide their mundane existences.  I'm not saying god or God or gods aren't directing my path, I'm just saying I can't rule 3,999 of them out like Christians can.
(11-14-2015, 10:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My take on religion is that I'm about as worried about dying and seeing Jesus and whitebread god as Christians are about dying and seeing Mohammad, Islam god, 

You do realize that Christians and Muslims believe in the same God don't you?

As to Italians being "Negroes of Europe"; what kind if idiot would think that? It was the birth place of the renaissance. 

(11-14-2015, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize that Christians and Muslims believe in the same God don't you?

As to Italians being "Negroes of Europe"; what kind if idiot would think that? It was the birth place of the renaissance. 

I do realize Christians and Muslims believe in the same god.  I also realize the Christians who drove the Christians who founded America out of Europe also believed in the same god.  That's never stopped people from getting all divisive about it before.

And yes, Italians were stinky unwashed immigrants who were going to wreck this country.  Rule of thumb, if you ever want to know which race in this country is on the bottom rung look at who is excelling in the boxing world.  It used the be the Irish and Italians, and then moved to the Hispanics and blacks.
(11-14-2015, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I do realize Christians and Muslims believe in the same god. 

OK, you just kind of threw me off when you said  "I'm about as worried about dying and seeing Jesus and whitebread god as Christians are about dying and seeing Mohammad, Islam god"

So Christians should expect to see the Islam God and you should expect to......

(11-14-2015, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize that Christians and Muslims believe in the same God don't you?

Everybody these days wants to be able to tell you they are either Irish or have some Irish in them.  It's like the new hip thing (not me, I got german and English in me mostly).  However there was a time when being Irish was not a good thing, and probably couldn't find work because of it.  Pretty much the same for the Italians immigrating here.
It was a bit more prevalent in the 19th and early 20th century.
(11-14-2015, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, you just kind of threw me off when you said  "I'm about as worried about dying and seeing Jesus and whitebread god as Christians are about dying and seeing Mohammad, Islam god"

So Christians should expect to see the Islam God and you should expect to......

People should expect to see whatever they want to expect to see.   
(11-14-2015, 05:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  have no intention of abandoning God.  

It's the same God, homie 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-15-2015, 02:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's the same God, homie 

Tell Nately

(11-15-2015, 02:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's the same God, homie 

I don't remember that lesson on murdering those who do not believe as I do.
(11-15-2015, 03:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't remember that lesson on murdering those who do not believe as I do.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims all subscribe to the same God Abraham subscribed.  It is why they are called the Abrahamic faiths.

I posted a really interesting thread about this on the old boards several years ago.  I'll see if I can dig up the link, it was an article by Time Magazine.   At the time it was news to me, I had no idea.