Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden 2024 State of Union Speech
Should Mike Johnson rip up Biden's state of the union speech when he concludes ala Pelosi?

I say no, show some class, something Democrats did not show for Trump's address to Congress.

How will handle all of the issues the country feels he has failed in his first 3+ years:

Illegal immigration and Border
Economy
Foreign affairs (wars started under his watch and extremely poor withdraw from Afghanistan
Hi age and mental acuity.
Handling of war in Israel
Never mentioning name of citizens killed by illegal immigrants he let into the country.

I will watch him closely as he told the country to watch him. He has an opportunity to do more than a 10 minute teleprompter speech with no mistakes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If he gets up there and lies repeatedly. Yes Mike should rip up the speech.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 01:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Should Mike Johnson rip up Biden's state of the union speech when he concludes ala Pelosi?

I say no, show some class, something Democrats did not show for Trump's address to Congress.

How will handle all of the issues the country feels he has failed in his first 3+ years:

Economy
Foreign affairs (wars started under his watch and extremely poor withdraw from Afghanistan
Never mentioning name of citizens killed by illegal immigrants he let into the country.

I will watch him closely as he told the country to watch him. He has an opportunity to do more than a 10 minute teleprompter speech with no mistakes.

Mike Johnson will do whatever Donald J Trump tells him to do.

Biden will talk about his successes (including bipartisan ones) and what he wants to do in the future.

Democrats will stand and applaud.

Republicans will sit and boo.

And nothing will be different after the speech.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 10:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mike Johnson will do whatever Donald J Trump tells him to do.

Biden will talk about his successes (including bipartisan ones) and what he wants to do in the future.

Democrats will stand and applaud.

Republicans will sit and boo.

And nothing will be different after the speech.

I agree with everything that you said.  As a bonus, I won't even watch it and get worked up over every time the POTUS has a senior moment or tells a blatant lie.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 01:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Should Mike Johnson rip up Biden's state of the union speech when he concludes ala Pelosi?

If he did and liberals complained about it for years I assume they'd be laughed at for being easily-offended snowflakes.
Reply/Quote
When his ice cream & amphetamine cocktail hits

[Image: _jUDVf.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:00 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: When his ice cream & amphetamine cocktail hits

[Image: _jUDVf.gif]

Wonder if trumps old doc is the new white house vet? maybe thats why that dog keeps biting people?
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/speed-xanax-were-reportedly-rampant-230640879.html
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:19 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wonder if trumps old doc is the new white house vet? maybe thats why that dog keeps biting people?
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/speed-xanax-were-reportedly-rampant-230640879.html

While asking for death penalty for all other drug dealers or blaming Hunter Biden.

Typical.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 10:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with everything that you said.  As a bonus, I won't even watch it and get worked up over every time the POTUS has a senior moment or tells a blatant lie.  Cool

I won't watch old Donald Trump speeches either.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:19 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wonder if trumps old doc is the new white house vet? maybe thats why that dog keeps biting people?

[Image: spider-man.gif]

If there’s a thread where Trump giving a SOTU would be the actual topic at hand I’ll be sure to mention it.
Reply/Quote

Economy

Does that mean no Republican will yell out that he is lying like Joe Wilson did to Obama?  Or heckle Biden duriing the entire speech like Majoried Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert have done the past several years?  Speaker Pelosi expressed an opinion quietly and after the speech.  Do you think Speaker Joshson will control his caucus during the speech or will they treat it like they are drunk at a bar?  My guess is that several will choose the later behavior

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 12:49 PM)pally Wrote: Does that mean no Republican will yell out that he is lying like Joe Wilson did to Obama?  Or heckle Biden duriing the entire speech like Majoried Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert have done the past several years?  Speaker Pelosi expressed an opinion quietly and after the speech.  Do you think Speaker Joshson will control his caucus during the speech or will they treat it like they are drunk at a bar?  My guess is that several will choose the later behavior

You answered the question, the new norm Pelosi started ripping up a copy of the State of the Union speech will be applauded by you.

The party who says Trump will end democracy has a head start by past Ripping up speeches) and current actions (persecution of the GOP nominee) to end democracy.

I should be surprised, but sadly I am not members of this forum feel Pelosi respected the office of the US and further attempted to hurt the office of our POTUS.

My hope is the GOP acts with class as Biden lies about the great job he has done.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 12:49 PM)pally Wrote: Does that mean no Republican will yell out that he is lying like Joe Wilson did to Obama?  Or heckle Biden duriing the entire speech like Majoried Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert have done the past several years?  Speaker Pelosi expressed an opinion quietly and after the speech.  Do you think Speaker Joshson will control his caucus during the speech or will they treat it like they are drunk at a bar?  My guess is that several will choose the later behavior

You're assuming Johnson has any control on them.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You answered the question, the new norm Pelosi started ripping up a copy of the State of the Union speech will be applauded by you.

The party who says Trump will end democracy has a head start by past Ripping up speeches) and current actions (persecution of the GOP nominee) to end democracy.

I should be surprised, but sadly I am not members of this forum feel Pelosi respected the office of the US and further attempted to hurt the office of our POTUS.

My hope is the GOP acts with class as Biden lies about the great job he has done.

Wilson yelling "liar" at Obama came before Pelosi.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wilson yelling "liar" at Obama came before Pelosi.

I am not the one defending bad acts during a POTUS speech. If Republicans are disrespectful by yelling out, I not only don't condone it, but I also think it is despicable.

If Biden lies and is giving out disinformation I hope Republicans sit on their hands. There is a time and place for everything. The time to voice their displeasure and call out any lies is when the Senator from Alabama does the rebuttal and then through social media and interviews after the address.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not the one defending bad acts during a POTUS speech. If Republicans are disrespectful by yelling out, I not only don't condone it, but I also think it is despicable.

If Biden lies and is giving out disinformation I hope Republicans sit on their hands. There is a time and place for everything. The time to voice their displeasure and call out any lies is when the Senator from Alabama does the rebuttal and then through social media and interviews after the address.

If you look up the fact checks from his previous 3 State of the Union speeches, you will see that Joe was a pretty straight shooter with facts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: If you look up the fact checks from his previous 3 State of the Union speeches, you will see that Joe was a pretty straight shooter with facts

I honestly don't recall. But let's see how he does tonight. 

I hope he is truthful, if he is he will not blame Republicans for the border as he has the power to deter and stop it through executive order. He also had the Congress (house and Senate) in 2021 and 2022 so no excuse for his party to fix the border by legislation. But they did nothing, and he has done nothing. 

If he says otherwise, it is a huge lie and spread of propaganda by the POTUS.

Reply/Quote
I just saw Trump will do a live play by play of Biden's state of the union address.

I suggest Democrats watch the speech and at same time go on Truth Social and see Trump's reactions.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just saw Trump will do a live play by play of Biden's state of the union address.

I suggest Democrats watch the speech and at same time go on Truth Social and see Trump's reactions.

Donald Trump lies more than anyone.  His entire campaign is based on being angry and playing the victim.  Why would I care about his reactions?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 09:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Donald Trump lies more than anyone.  His entire campaign is based on being angry and playing the victim.  Why would I care about his reactions?

Because you can't help yourself.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote