Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden 2024 State of Union Speech
(03-10-2024, 12:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: sounds like Nit-Picking to me, anyways, Just a way to deflect from the actual point of the story.

Gangs have been exploiting children for years. It's way past time to do something about all of it. 

If she wanted to make a point about now then she should talk about now.

The story she told was bad.  Glad she shared it.  But it has zero bearing on the current situation and she tried to play it off as if it had happened due to Biden.

It used to be called lying.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 12:49 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: More than deserving of a Liberal MVP on this board.

I'm sure you think this was an insult.  

I'll happily be called a liberal.  Thanks. It's better than a lot of things I've been called or could be.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 01:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The when isn't important, it happened and it is still happening is what you are ignoring.

So why take a case which is 20 years old ? which didn't even happen in the USA ? And accuse Biden of all of this ?

Tip to Biden : Just say 'I don't take any responsability at all' and move on. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 01:10 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: So why take a case which is 20 years old ? which didn't even happen in the USA ? And accuse Biden of all of this ?

Tip to Biden : Just say 'I don't take any responsability at all' and move on. 

Isn't that his Motto already?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 11:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: See what she MEANT was it happened in Mexico three administrations ago so it COULD happen now.
Or something...
https://www.rawstory.com/katie-britt-admits-trafficking-falsehood/

See, it IS a true story.  And wonderfully intense and breathy delivery.

Anyway, Britt understands the SOTU finally said the quiet part out loud, so let's not get distracted from the larger point.

Dems are out to take away a man's right to control a woman's body. They don't even bother to hide it.

The only thing standing between them and that goal is Donald Trump and his SCOTUS!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 01:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Isn't that his Motto already?

Maybe he heard about someone getting away from anything with that magic sentence. 

Poncius Pilatius or someone else.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 10:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have watched him, and his speeches have mellowed out. He stresses his record based on his policies. You say he is unhinged, and revenge focused, please show me in the last 30 days any speech you feel he was unhinged, and revenge focused.
You can't because his standard line is.
Success for the American people will be my revenge.
Trump has softened his approach and is very appealing to Moms, Blacks, Hispanics and younger people. At least looking at polls he is winning them as Joe is losing them.

Well I saw part of his Georgia speech. We probably just disagree on what counts as "unhinged" and "revenge focused"--not to mention "mellowed out."  

How do you regard making fun of Biden's stutter? I'm not sure that's unhinged, but maybe revenge focused, like a jr. high bully?

In the same speech he called the press "criminals" and continued to claim the election was stolen. He repeats that every performance,
so why isn't that his "standard line"?  

Plus he again promised to go after any number of corrupt politicians and prosecutors and insulted Megyn Kelly and Mark Zuckerberg.

Then he "mellowed" on about Biden migrant crime and “the agony of our people, the plunder of our cities, the sacking of our towns, the violation of our citizens and the conquest of our country” by "monsters."  And he's back to attacking E. Jean Carroll again.

You're sure this "softened approach" means Moms, Blacks, Hispanics and younger people are eating it up?

To me this still sounds primarily authoritarian and xenophobic.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/03/09/us/2024-presidential-election
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 07:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I saw part of his Georgia speech. We probably just disagree on what counts as "unhinged" and "revenge focused"--not to mention "mellowed out."  

How do you regard making fun of Biden's stutter? I'm not sure that's unhinged, but maybe revenge focused, like a jr. high bully?

In the same speech he called the press "criminals" and continued to claim the election was stolen. He repeats that every performance,

Plus he again promised to go after any number of corrupt politicians and prosecutors and insulted Megyn Kelly and Mark Zuckerberg.

Then he "mellowed" on about Biden migrant crime and “the agony of our people, the plunder of our cities, the sacking of our towns, the violation of our citizens and the conquest of our country” by "monsters."  And he's back to attacking E. Jean Carroll again.

You're sure this "softened approach" means Moms, Blacks, Hispanics and younger people are eating it up?

Some people just can't look past their programming.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Watched her double down on his lie on Fox News, the ability this woman has to narrate horrible stories with a large smile is really weird.

Fun fact : She voted against her own border bill ... 

Talk about non sense.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 07:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I saw part of his Georgia speech. We probably just disagree on what counts as "unhinged" and "revenge focused"--not to mention "mellowed out."  

Mongols and Vikings are at the border ?

Saw him saying that they were cannibals like Hannibal Lecter ...

Stable genius indeed.

Reply/Quote
Live rage tweeting the Oscars is super indicative of a stable genius as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:47 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Live rage tweeting the Oscars is super indicative of a stable genius as well.

and just imagine, the Oscars are apparently as rigged as the Emmys are

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure you think this was an insult.  

I'll happily be called a liberal.  Thanks.  It's better than a lot of things I've been called or could be.

Not in the least. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:04 AM)pally Wrote: and just imagine, the Oscars are apparently as rigged as the Emmys are

That actually might be true though but not only for now.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 11:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was thinking today about how much TG cares about Laken Riley and how MTG first made a "name" for herself following around survivors of the Parkland Shooting.

Then I remembered that Donald Trump wanted the death penalty for the Central Park Five and still insisted they were guilty of "something" even after they were exonerated.

She didn't care about the victims.  He didn't care about the truth as long as he could blame a minority.

I'm starting to think their "caring" is just politics and they really don't care at all that a woman was killed and just wants to make political points off it. 

Who would have though it?

No honest person believes Greene (Or Trump) really cares at all about Riley other than the fact that she can be used as a prop against Biden's border policy.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:47 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Live rage tweeting the Oscars is super indicative of a stable genius as well.

Especially when they were actually halfway decent for once.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No honest person believes Greene (Or Trump) really cares at all about Riley other than the fact that she can be used as a prop against Biden's border policy.

No honest person believes Biden gives 2 shits about the border either. He's just trying to score points before Re-election. He is the one that has turned this into a problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No honest person believes Greene (Or Trump) really cares at all about Riley other than the fact that she can be used as a prop against Biden's border policy.

No doubt her murder is being used as a political bludgeon. 

How much does Joe care about her?

Just enough to go on MSNBC & apologize for calling the murderer an illegal immigrant.

That's how much. 

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:10 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No honest person believes Biden gives 2 shits about the border either. He's just trying to score points before Re-election. He is the one that has turned this into a problem.

Your post isn't really relevant to my point, but I agree that Biden probably isn't worried about the border as much as he wants people to believe. The "problem" is also a political thing. It's not a coincidence that immigration becomes a daily talking point every 2 years. Before this, it was caravans and invasions etc.

(03-11-2024, 10:20 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  No doubt her murder is being used as a political bludgeon. 

How much does Joe care about her?

Just enough to go on MSNBC & apologize for calling the murderer an illegal immigrant.

That's how much. 

I'd wager Joe cares about her about as much as he cares about any other singular murder of a young woman in America. It is tragic any time any person is murdered, especially when they're young and in an area where a certain level of safety is assumed/expected like a college campus. But this weeks long coverage of her death is purely because of who her murderer is. If she were murdered by a colleague, it would have been a story that came up, people would have said that's horrible, then the person would have been arrested and the country would have moved on.

We're only stuck on this murder because of the status of her murderer.

As for Biden apologizing, calling someone "an illegal" is dumb. He should have said "undocumented immigrant." Even "an illegal immigrant" would have been 95% fine. It's the same thing with saying "the blacks" or "females." Using an adjective as a noun that does not reference a person's humanity have been used to dehumanize groups of people for centuries. That's all he needed to apologize for.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As for Biden apologizing, calling someone "an illegal" is dumb. He should have said "undocumented immigrant." Even "an illegal immigrant" would have been 95% fine. It's the same thing with saying "the blacks" or "females." Using an adjective as a noun that does not reference a person's humanity have been used to dehumanize groups of people for centuries. That's all he needed to apologize for.

So, it's been about a decade now since the AP Stylebook has dropped the usage of the term "illegal immigrant," saying that actions are illegal, not people. In general, I think that is a good approach to it. There is also the nuance of the complications of the immigration system and statuses of individual immigrants that often makes the term inaccurate. For instance, in the case of this individual he may have entered the country illegally, but my understanding is that he was going through the asylum process which means he was not in the country illegally. In fact, his release was within the letter of the law. This nuance is lost in the propaganda that is pushed by some segments, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote