Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden - Approval
I tend to use 538 as my go-to for these things. Their approval model has him slightly higher, around 42.4% with a nice trend up over the past few months. He has had some nice legislative victories, in my opinion. However, many people are still unhappy with the economy and gas prices. Regardless of that being his fault or not, the blame is going to be placed on him. If I had to guess, those two are the largest contributors to his low approval rating.

For midterms, the Dems have a decent chance at retaining the Senate whereas the Republicans have the same chance to flip the House. Most likely scenario right now is a split Congress, though Republicans are fighting back in the Senate.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:10 AM)ATOTR Wrote: These same defenders of democracy also think it’s unconstitutional and oppressive to make a voter show valid identification to cast a vote. Lol

This argument is long in the past. Voter id laws are antiquated now that the argument is that massive dumps of votes for democrats are synthesized by machines. 

You show your id and vote for Trump and then the machine is programmed to change 1 vote for Trump into 1000 for Biden. What's the point?

People don't even believe votes are counted.  You vote and the machines make up results.  How are id laws going to fix this?  One of our two major parties is now based around the idea that elections are rigged.  You can require everyone who votes to show 7 forms of id and take a DNA test and they're still going to say the election was rigged. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I appreciate that. I doubt I'll be posting much, if at all, in this forum from now on.  I'm not dumping on the mods, I've moderated before and it's a thankless job that is always accused of bias (hmm, sounds like another job I have), but there are people here who get away with talking massive shit and then run to the mods when they get a bit of shit thrown back at them.  That coupled with the ever growing train wreck that is working in this profession in Southern California really dampens my enthusiasm for posting here.  I do miss engaging with you, Bel, and several others, so I'll probably pop in from time to time.

Good to see you posting again. 
Reply/Quote
I honestly think the vote will be close. The abortion issue is a big one. However, so is the economy. I do blame this administration for refusing to acknowledge inflation early on, calling the inflation transitory. And here we are today and it wasn't. The Fed is now raising rates in the face of recession....a horrible combination. Also, people's savings have taken a giant hit with what the market has done. So I view it as social issues vs economic well being on the ballot.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 08:44 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Show me where anyone has to travel 6 counties and wait 10 months to get an Id to vote?

They try to make it difficult to vote in rural areas?  To hurt the gop?

You’re making things up.

Here's one example:

In North Dakota, in 2013, the GOP passed a law requiring voter ids with a home address, which had to be a street address, not a PO box. 

This excluded many native Americans living on reservations who did not have street addresses--and Native Americans vote
predominately Democrat. 

https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/aba-news-archives/2020/02/no-street-address--no-vote--nd--native-americans-settle-voter-id/

The usual target though are college towns and cities with large minority populations.

There is a long history GOP manipulation of voting laws and districts since passage of the Voting Rights Act in 1965. Seems you are
unaware of this history. I don't think Bels has the patience to walk through this issue anymore, but I'd be happy to show you more after work today.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:06 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Good God are you liberals ever melodramatic. It’s gotta be exhausting.

Proceed with your 14 paragraph dissertation in response if you must.

I can distill this for you if you cannot follow longer, informational posts.

The ex-president who attempted a coup stands a decent shot of being re-elected again,

thanks to a party working diligently to create legislative overrides if the vote does 

not go their way in swing states. 

You appear comfortable with that, but not with people who address the threat. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 08:44 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Show me where anyone has to travel 6 counties and wait 10 months to get an Id to vote?

They try to make it difficult to vote in rural areas?  To hurt the gop?

You’re making things up.

Would you bother reading any articles I linked? And where did I say they try to hurt rural areas? But you have the audacity to accuse me of making things up.

Fwiw, I did say I was exaggerating on some of my claims.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:23 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Would you bother reading any articles I linked? And where did I say they try to hurt rural areas? But you have the audacity to accuse me of making things up.

Fwiw, I did say I was exaggerating on some of my claims.

You did not link any articles, genius.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:35 AM)Dill Wrote: Here's one example:

In North Dakota, in 2013, the GOP passed a law requiring voter ids with a home address, which had to be a street address, not a PO box. 

This excluded many native Americans living on reservations who did not have street addresses--and Native Americans vote
predominately Democrat. 

https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/aba-news-archives/2020/02/no-street-address--no-vote--nd--native-americans-settle-voter-id/

The usual target though are college towns and cities with large minority populations.

There is a long history GOP manipulation of voting laws and districts since passage of the Voting Rights Act in 1965. Seems you are
unaware of this history. I don't think Bels has the patience to walk through this issue anymore, but I'd be happy to show you more after work today.

That is a great law.  Anyone should have to show an address, not a PO box,  to vote.  They should make that a national law.   Too bad it got over-tuned.   
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:30 AM)ATOTR Wrote: You did not link any articles, genius.

You're right - I didn't. One was already posted and your response was '**** them natives'. Told me all I needed to know.

Plus you didn't answer my question or acknowledge that you made up a line about rural areas. I'd like to say I'm shocked, but I've been alive longer than 3 months so the depths your ilk sink to stopped surprising me.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 03:03 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You're right - I didn't. One was already posted and your response was '**** them natives'. Told me all I needed to know.

Plus you didn't answer my question or acknowledge that you made up a line about rural areas. I'd like to say I'm shocked, but I've been alive longer than 3 months so the depths your ilk sink to stopped surprising me.

No, I said they just need an ID with an address on it to vote. Or show a proof of state residency to vote.   That doesn't seem too hard.   Anyone in any state can get a PO Box in any other state and vote there,  otherwise.   I am sure you never thought of this. 

You said they have to traverse '6 counties' to get an ID to vote.  That would infer a rural area -  I guess you also didnt realize this. 

And you need me to fact check if you put links in your own posts (When you say you did).  

You are struggling mightily today. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 03:26 PM)ATOTR Wrote: No, I said they just need an ID with an address on it to vote. Or show a proof of state residency to vote.   That doesn't seem too hard.   Anyone in any state can get a PO Box in any other state and vote there,  otherwise.   I am sure you never thought of this. 

You said they have to traverse '6 counties' to get an ID to vote.  That would infer a rural area -  I guess you also didnt realize this. 

And you need me to fact check if you put links in your own posts (When you say you did).  

You are struggling mightily today. 

TL;DR

K
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 03:44 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: TL;DR

K

Thank you for taking the time to read/reply 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:08 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Thank you for taking the time to read/reply 

K
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I appreciate that, and honestly I think you got blowback from my dealing with others, and we got off on the wrong foot with the Islam discussions and never really got over it.  As for the 2A, the SCOTUS took care of that one for us.   Cool

I will say one thing on that topic, that is also in line with the thread topic.  The SCOTUS has clearly, and unequivocally stated, that an "assault weapon" ban would be unconstitutional on its face.  How is Biden not betraying his oath of office by publicly stating he is bound and determined to pass a law that has already been declared unconstitutional?  

https://www.newsweek.com/not-joke-biden-insists-hell-reinstate-ban-assault-weapons-1750979

Hochul  in NY passed a more restrictive and a far more unconstitutional gun law just 10 days after SCOTUS struck down the previous law as being unconstitutional.  Talk about authoritarian and listen to me/us or else.  

The but, but, but Trumps a dictator cracks me the eff up.  The only people I see wanting to force anyone to do anything are the Dems.

Sorry, needed to rant.  lol
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:16 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Hochul  in NY passed a more restrictive and a far more unconstitutional gun law just 10 days after SCOTUS struck down the previous law as being unconstitutional.  Talk about authoritarian and listen to me/us or else.  

The but, but, but Trumps a dictator cracks me the eff up.  The only people I see wanting to force anyone to do anything are the Dems.

Sorry, needed to rant.  lol

Dems wanted universal vaccine passports just to eat in a restaurant,  travel on a plane, cross state lines, enter an arena, etc. 

But they want people to be able to vote without a valid ID, or with their address listed to a PO box.  LOL!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 04:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, yeah, most people do. You apparently don't, but that's not on democrats, that's on Trump and it's on you for wanting it to be that way. Which can be the only reason for you asking this question in this manner, since no court, no observer and no state official, liberal or conservative, found a single piece of actual evidence for systematic voter fraud.

I'm only going to make this one post about the election.  I'm the forum dunce anyway.  I'm not all edumecated and I can't write a thesis for every reply.

Sending out mass mail in ballots is ripe for fraud.  That's just 1st grade level common sense.  I understand some states do it well, but they also have their process down well, voting records cleaned up and have been doing it for a long time.

Our elections are very insecure.  No signature verification.  Lax auditing.  Again, millions of vote by mail ballots sent out last election that were not asked for and verified.

Trump was leading by a lot late into the night then all of a sudden hundred s of thousands of votes come in for Biden.

I'm not saying the election was stolen.  I could see where Biden could win.  81M votes.  I'll never believe that, EVER, but I do see how Biden could have won a close election.

I can also see how people would certainly question the election.  Plenty of weirdness to question and plenty of chances for fraud with such an insecure system.

All that coupled with 95% of the MSM literally turning into propaganda content for the Dems, twisting and manipulating anything Trump said and a completely fabricated Russia hoax meant to take down a political opponent and then used to try and remove a sitting Prez (that would be an actual coup attempt fyi) and I can understand why people view things the way they do.

Add to that the Dems only goal appears to be to restrict people's constitutional rights, convince people to believe in fairy tales or be canceled, tear down statues, rename everything because they are offended by anything and everything, etc, etc.

Trumps an absolute jackass and I hope he doesn't run, but he ran this Country a million times better than the dude whose mind is so effed up at this point he is not even allowed to/can't answer questions from the media.  and even then when he does do a scripted softball interview it is a nightmare anyway and a bunch of walking back.

It's hysterical to watch some say Trump was an embarrassment and in the next breath say Biden is respected.  I cannot type that with out laughing.  Biden is the laughing stock of the world and it has nothing to do with Trump or Repubs.

End rant/    And your welcome for all my words of wisdom.    Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:33 AM)ATOTR Wrote: That is a great law.  Anyone should have to show an address, not a PO box,  to vote.  They should make that a national law.   Too bad it got over-tuned.   

Don't know why that would be a "great law"--beyond excluding a targeted demographic in one state. And you agree this is an
example of making it more difficult for a rural demographic, Sioux in this case, to vote, right? 

I lived in Crow Agency, MT, during my HS years. It was capitol of the Crow Reservation, with
about 5-600 people. We did not have street addresses, and we didn't need P.O. boxs. A letter addressed to
"Dill, Crow Agency MT, would get to me just fine. Many people who lived up and down the Little Big Horn River with no streets
had addresses, for sure, but they were P.O. addresses. 

The question is, why should people be REQUIRED to have a STREET address with a number, which is what the ND law required.
They are still citizens with a right to vote, whether they have addresses or not. And in ND the people doing the requiring are the
same one's who scream "DICTATORSHIP" at the first hint of a mask mandate. 

The GOPers generally respond that a street address, on voter ids, would guarantee "election integrity."

But is there really a problem here, worth the millions spent? In Minneapolis, MN, the cost of supplying all voters of Hennepin County with a government issued ID was about 12 million dollars--though voter fraud had never been a problem there. 

There was occasional, minor voting fraud during the 2016 election, as two or three Trump voters nation wide voted for him twice. 
Whereas 35 LEGAL VOTERS were turned away from ONE location in ND, following the passage of the aforementioned law--more 
than double all voter fraud nationwide during the 2012 and 2016 elections.

But Trump claimed he'd have won the popular vote, but for the 3-5 million illegals who voted for Hillary, and
MAGA world accepted the Dear Leader's claims without question, driving the push for voter IDs, nevermind that 
GOP governors and Lt. governors could find no fraud in the 38 states they controlled.  

Election fraud is the far greater threat--e.g., Trump's Green Bay Sweep--as are changes to voting laws and locations intended to disadvantage demographics believed to vote Dem, like limiting drop boxes for ballots to ONE PER COUNTY in Texas.

Given this history, the real question is why so many people have become so disconnected from any evidentiary base, that they can be stoked (often willingly) to fear non problems and simultaneously coached to doubt and dispute real ones.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm only going to make this one post about the election.  I'm the forum dunce anyway.

I never said so or treated you as such. Hence no need to play this card here.

(10-13-2022, 04:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sending out mass mail in ballots is ripe for fraud.  [---]

I shortened your reply and shorten my response. Yeah I wonder about US elections too at times, and I would probably imply a different system. But that does in no way mean that Democrats cheated. These things do get looked into, and some fraud is detected. There's no indication that there#s sssysematic voter fraud and especially that Dems cheat on an elevated level compared to Conservatives. If any, it seems the other way around, but it's irrelevant either way.

That's why this whole talk about election security has turned into a scapegoat of sorts. A vehicle for GOP members and Trump to claim the election was fraudulent and the Dems stole it. Which is untrue and, as evidenced, dangerous.

(10-13-2022, 04:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: All that coupled with 95% of the MSM literally turning into propaganda content for the Dems, twisting and manipulating anything Trump said and a completely fabricated Russia hoax meant to take down a political opponent and then used to try and remove a sitting Prez (that would be an actual coup attempt fyi) and I can understand why people view things the way they do.

It just was not a fabricated hoax though. There was plenty of incredibly weird stuff going on. I usually ask anyone who says 'fabricated hoax' what they would have said if it had come out that John Podesta was in deep debt with a Russian oligarch, still had worked for Hillary for free and then had given said oligarch private briefings. Or that a close associate with Hillary was in contact with Julian Assange to time the release of some Trump emails that Russia hacked on wikileaks. I bet you'd not be the one to say, nothing to see here, just a hoax... and the FBI should not even look into this and quite some similar instances or else they are just in cohouts with Trump. You wouldn't say any of that, you'd call Hillary out on this to this day and rightfully so.

(10-13-2022, 04:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Add to that the Dems only goal appears to be to restrict people's constitutional rights, convince people to believe in fairy tales or be canceled, tear down statues, rename everything because they are offended by anything and everything, etc, etc.

I understand some of these points and share some of these critizisms. But that is a gross oversimplification. Democrats also are for fighting climate change, for universal healthcare, pro-choice, etc, etc

(10-13-2022, 04:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Trumps an absolute jackass and I hope he doesn't run, but he ran this Country a million times better than the dude whose mind is so effed up at this point he is not even allowed to/can't answer questions from the media.  and even then when he does do a scripted softball interview it is a nightmare anyway and a bunch of walking back.

It's hysterical to watch some say Trump was an embarrassment and in the next breath say Biden is respected.  I cannot type that with out laughing.  Biden is the laughing stock of the world and it has nothing to do with Trump or Repubs.

I am living in this world, and here's what I can assure you. Biden is not a laughing stock. For starters, most people feel the US handles this Ukraine situation very well, the west is united in its response, this is a tricky situation and Biden does quite well setting the course. It helps that he doesn't tweet out idiotic things on a daily basis, that he isn't totally erratic or falls in love with dictators, doesn't shove presidents away or make stupid comments to other world leaders or lewd comments about their wives and all that. We all get that Biden's a former stutterer and actual gaffe machine, we all don't think Biden is the greatest president ever, we laugh at him and his peculiar way of saying peculiar things at times, sure. But he is no comparison to Trump when it comes to being embarrassing. People saw Trump as a clueless moron, plain and simple, almost everyone, including all the diplomats and all common folk. Completely apolitical figures would know about the latest Trump embarrassment, he was a laughing stock and painted as such.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 05:31 PM)hollodero Wrote: I am living in this world, and here's what I can assure you. Biden is not a laughing stock. 

Biden falls off bike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSm7bjGjEwM

Biden gets lost after speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMyq7OaC2o4

Biden Asks for dead house rep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMyq7OaC2o4

Biden entire 60 minutes interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1UC89H4Swc

Biden falling 3 times going up 24 stairs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Mwc12LtRY
Reply/Quote