Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Being Racist AGAIN
In his town hall, Biden states that a lot of in the Hispanic and African American community, particularly in rural areas, know how to get online to determine how to get in line for the vaccination.

Can you imagine for a second if Trump had said that?  He would have been bashed by everyone in public and every media outlet in the free world.  The page I saw on CNN's website conveniently left that quote out in the paragraph that they were describing Biden's answers on the subject.

Can you imagine if someone that you were talking to just out in public had said that?  You'd try to distance yourself from them real quickly so you wouldn't be seen as racist.

Why is this ok?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 01:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In his town hall, Biden states that a lot of in the Hispanic and African American community, particularly in rural areas, know how to get online to determine how to get in line for the vaccination.

Can you imagine for a second if Trump had said that?  He would have been bashed by everyone in public and every media outlet in the free world.  The page I saw on CNN's website conveniently left that quote out in the paragraph that they were describing Biden's answers on the subject.

Can you imagine if someone that you were talking to just out in public had said that?  You'd try to distance yourself from them real quickly so you wouldn't be seen as racist.

Why is this ok?

Because he also was talking about all people and discussing in general the problems some are having with signing up due to poor technology in their area.

I know you didn't want a reasonable answer but I was bored.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
What's the issue?

"A lot of people don't know how to register. Not everybody in the community, in the Hispanic and African American community, particularly in rural areas that are distant or inner city districts know how to use, know how to get online to determine how to get in line for that Covid vaccination at the Walgreen or at the particular store."

Nothing he stated was racist or false. A lot of people do not know how to use the internet to access vaccination websites. That includes some folks in the Latino and Black community too, and he's correct in saying that these disparities are seen more in rural and urban areas.

But I understand why the guy whose tweet you linked to, a former Trump staffer, would shorten it to "Minorities... don't know how to use, know how to get online" because it completely changes the meaning of it and outright lying is what Trump did, so by extension his lackeys would too.

Here's the entire exchange where he discusses the low vaccination numbers of members of the Black community with a nurse and outlines his plans to address that and make vaccinations more accessible, while also addressing the history of the exploitation of the Black community by the medical community. I can't ever see Trump actually attempting to address those things or acknowledge any aspect of racism in US history, particularly because his final actions in the White House included inciting white nationalists, failing to create a vaccine distribution plan, and publishing a report that called multiculturalism as toxic as slavery.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/joe-biden-town-hall-02-16-21/h_901898e50311b9062f09cbd2d2f2012c
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 01:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because he also was talking about all people and discussing in general the problems some are having with signing up due to poor technology in their area.

I know you didn't want a reasonable answer but I was bored.

(02-17-2021, 02:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What's the issue?

"A lot of people don't know how to register. Not everybody in the community, in the Hispanic and African American community, particularly in rural areas that are distant or inner city districts know how to use, know how to get online to determine how to get in line for that Covid vaccination at the Walgreen or at the particular store."

Nothing he stated was racist or false. A lot of people do not know how to use the internet to access vaccination websites. That includes some folks in the Latino and Black community too, and he's correct in saying that these disparities are seen more in rural and urban areas.

But I understand why the guy whose tweet you linked to, a former Trump staffer, would shorten it to "Minorities... don't know how to use, know how to get online" because it completely changes the meaning of it and outright lying is what Trump did, so by extension his lackeys would too.

Here's the entire exchange where he discusses the low vaccination numbers of members of the Black community with a nurse and outlines his plans to address that and make vaccinations more accessible, while also addressing the history of the exploitation of the Black community by the medical community. I can't ever see Trump actually attempting to address those things or acknowledge any aspect of racism in US history, particularly because his final actions in the White House included inciting white nationalists, failing to create a vaccine distribution plan, and publishing a report that called multiculturalism as toxic as slavery.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/joe-biden-town-hall-02-16-21/h_901898e50311b9062f09cbd2d2f2012c

The entire exchange isn't on there, it's just a description of the exchange and they left out a lot.

In response to both of you:

Blacks and Hispanics don't know how to use the internet?  They don't know how to Google Walmart's website or just take a shot in the dark and type in Walmart.com?  If that fails, they don't know how to Google "where can I locally get vaccinated?"?  

There's low vaccination numbers in the black and hispanic community, but why is that?  I don't think that blacks and hispanics that work on the front line would have much trouble getting vaccinated as it would probably be either provided by their work or made mandatory and be able to get an appointment for it.  

It's not available to everyone just yet, so what groups that are eligible among the black and hispanic communities are having troubles registering?
Reply/Quote
Biden is a DINO.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not available to everyone just yet, 

Just curious, but why did you qualify for one?  What category were you in?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Biden is a DINO.

Oh, he's not THAT old !
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Blacks and Hispanics don't know how to use the internet?  They don't know how to Google Walmart's website or just take a shot in the dark and type in Walmart.com?  If that fails, they don't know how to Google "where can I locally get vaccinated?"?  

In a thread accusing someone of being racist, it's usually best to not use racist language.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In a thread accusing someone of being racist, it's usually best to not use racist language.

Hispanic and black are not racist terms.

Nice try.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hispanic and black are not racist terms.

Nice try.

Using the words as nouns is seen as derogatory and dehumanizing. Specifically with "Black," though Hispanic is less so.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Biden is a DINO.

(02-17-2021, 05:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, he's not THAT old !
Tongue

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47310c0pgz8lbe1p3pj9...=giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Using the words as nouns is seen as derogatory and dehumanizing. Specifically with "Black," though Hispanic is less so.

I used African-American initially but Pat used black so that's what I used because he's on that politically correct side with everything.

Why didn't you comment on his post?

Answer:  Pre-determined bias and you think people will have your back if you bash and criticize me as opposed to doing the same to him.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In a thread accusing someone of being racist, it's usually best to not use racist language.

Is this a joke?

What is wrong with using the terms "blacks" and "hispanics"? 

I'm willing to listen to see if there is a reasonable response but regardless of that, I sure hope you find the term "whites" equally as racist.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The entire exchange isn't on there, it's just a description of the exchange and they left out a lot.

In response to both of you:

Blacks and Hispanics don't know how to use the internet?  They don't know how to Google Walmart's website or just take a shot in the dark and type in Walmart.com?  If that fails, they don't know how to Google "where can I locally get vaccinated?"?  

There's low vaccination numbers in the black and hispanic community, but why is that?  I don't think that blacks and hispanics that work on the front line would have much trouble getting vaccinated as it would probably be either provided by their work or made mandatory and be able to get an appointment for it.  

It's not available to everyone just yet, so what groups that are eligible among the black and hispanic communities are having troubles registering?

I posted the entire quote and explained that he never made a blanket comment about all minorities not being able to use the internet so that this was not a conversation where he tried to debate the premise that he did say that. He didn't. He said a lot of people do not know how to register and "not everyone" in the Black and Latino communities know how to access vaccination appointments online.  

The largest block that is currently allowed to get vaccinated is seniors, which is likely what is fueling the disparity. Seniors are more likely to live in poverty, and those in rural and urban areas are also more likely to live in poverty. Black households over the age of 65 have an average income roughly 30% lower than White households over 65. For Latinos, it's about 40% lower. 

Lower income correlates to reduced access to technology. It also correlates to communities with less resources to reach their seniors and reduced mobility. These are all things that Biden addressed in his response and gave plans to address.

There's also the distrust that occurs within communities of color because of things like the Tuskegee experiments. 

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 01:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can you imagine for a second if Trump had said that? 

I'd rather imagine how people would have reacted if Lincoln had said Blacks and Hispanics can't use the internet. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I used African-American initially but Pat used black so that's what I used because he's on that politically correct side with everything.

Why didn't you comment on his post?

Answer:  Pre-determined bias and you think people will have your back if you bash and criticize me as opposed to doing the same to him.

It's because I used "Black" as an adjective in phrases like "Black community" and "Black folk". I did not use "Blacks" as a noun nor do I.

I do not think there's anything racist about saying "Blacks", but it's becoming outdated for reasons Matt pointed out. 

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's because I used "Black" as an adjective in phrases like "Black community" and "Black folk". I did not use "Blacks" as a noun nor do I.

I do not think there's anything racist about saying "Blacks", but it's becoming outdated for reasons Matt pointed out. 

Do you feel the same way about the Caucasian community?

Do you use Caucasians as a noun instead of whites?
Reply/Quote
If there is some kind of distinguishable difference in the terms blacks, black folks or black community I certainly don't see it.

My black friends would laugh out loud & tell me (& you) this is exactly what is wrong in this country today.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's because I used "Black" as an adjective in phrases like "Black community" and "Black folk". I did not use "Blacks" as a noun nor do I.

(02-17-2021, 06:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Do you feel the same way about the Caucasian community?

Do you use Caucasians as a noun instead of whites?

This reminds of that video about "the n word" and the guy saying that white people can't say it so the black guy says "So say it.  I'll say it with you"   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is this a joke?

What is wrong with using the terms "blacks" and "hispanics"? 

I'm willing to listen to see if there is a reasonable response but regardless of that, I sure hope you find the term "whites" equally as racist.

I don't agree with Wes very often, but this is just ridiculous.

How is it possible for the exact same word to be racist when used as a noun, but not when used as an adjective?
Reply/Quote