Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biden Calls Reporter A "Stupid SOB"
(01-27-2022, 07:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, grasping for straws and going down in flames.

You ignored my entire point of that post? Did you want him to chase after them with a megaphone that he had hidden in his pants?

Do you think people in the riot were pulling out their phones to check Twitter to see if Trump really did want that?

And how were the protestors violent? You keep saying that but did they kill anyone?

He did once say he'd run into a school unarmed to stop a school shooter. One could reasonably assume if he was being truthful about the previous statement, he would/could've been able to talk down the mob that is on his side and supports him, to calm down and not hurt anybody and destroy property. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: First off, you don't need to start every reply to something I said with this.  I get it, you think I have no cogent points to make and that I'm desperately insulting you.  You don't need to say it over and over again, I'm aware of how you perceive me.
No. I'm just trying to make you realize that when you insult people instead of posting anything that makes any sense, it weakens your points and makes you look bad.

You once again used desperately when there was no need to because, just like every other one of your posts in this thread, you use empty rhetoric.
(01-27-2022, 07:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is video footage of a rioter (I think it was the Shaman yak guy) literally looking at his phone and saying Trump posted a video telling them to go home and that they achieved their goal and should stop.  Trump waited an awful long time to attempt to reign in his supporters, as I see it.
So that was after they made it to the Capitol? Are you arguing against yourself and saying that he did try to stop them or are you agreeing with me that the large mob didn't check their Twitter feed on the march to the Capitol?

(01-27-2022, 07:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is video evidence of the protestors attacking people, and there were legitimate causalities of both protestors and police.  
You'd think you'd post the links to this evidence of all these people dead and attacking people if it proved your point so much.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:08 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: He did once say he'd run into a school unarmed to stop a school shooter. One could reasonably assume if he was being truthful about the previous statement, he would/could've been able to talk down the mob that is on his side and supports him, to calm down and not hurt anybody and destroy property. 

The mob left. 

Again, did you want him to chase after them?

He said peacefully and patriotically, so why would he think they were going to cause any problems?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The mob left. 

Again, did you want him to chase after them?

He said peacefully and patriotically, so why would he think they were going to cause any problems?

Well yeah, him supposedly being a man of high moral integrity, once he saw that it wasn't peaceful he shouldve taken action to stop it. If he was supposedly willing to run into an active shooter situation, why wouldn't he be willing to chase after a mob full of his supporters? I'd wager he would've been less likely to get hurt as they wouldn't want to injure the man who they think had the election stolen from him and rightfully deserved to be in power. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:22 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Well yeah, him supposedly being a man of high moral integrity, once he saw that it wasn't peaceful he shouldve taken action to stop it. If he was supposedly willing to run into an active shooter situation, why wouldn't he be willing to chase after a mob full of his supporters? I'd wager he would've been less likely to get hurt as they wouldn't want to injure the man who they think had the election stolen from him and rightfully deserved to be in power. 

1. You want him to chase after a mob and say "STOP YOUR PEACEFUL AND PATRIOTIC PROTEST!"?

2. You expect a 75 year-old-man that's the most powerful man in the world to chase after a mob?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You'd think you'd post the links to this evidence of all these people dead and attacking people if it proved your point so much.

Do your own research.  Honestly, if you don't think there was any violence or death in that capitol incident then you've been willingly avoiding it for a year or you refuse to see it.

Ah, screw it...here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/us/politics/jan-6-capitol-deaths.html

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.

Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Mr. Greeson and Mr. Philips died of natural causes, the Washington medical examiner said in April. He added that Ms. Boyland’s death was caused by an accidental overdose.

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.

Officer Brian D. Sicknick of the Capitol Police, who was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7.

Officer Jeffrey Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department killed himself after the attack.

Officer Howard S. Liebengood of the Capitol Police also died by suicide four days afterward.

EDIT - Since you always feel insulted by my posts, let me take this opportunity to say that you stink.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do your own research.  Honestly, if you don't think there was any violence or death in that capitol incident then you've been willingly avoiding it for a year or you refuse to see it.

I'm not the one making claims. 

I've done all the research. I actually went back and looked at it all again today.

The burden of proof isn't on me.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm not the one making claims. 

I've done all the research. I actually went back and looked at it all again today.

The burden of proof isn't on me.

I added stuff.  More than 0 people died, and some of them were police officers...not sure how a conservative would miss an event where people who weren't under the direction of Trump attacked and killed police officers.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1. You want him to chase after a mob and say "STOP YOUR PEACEFUL AND PATRIOTIC PROTEST!"?

2. You expect a 75 year-old-man that's the most powerful man in the world to chase after a mob?

Unfortunately the protest wasn't peaceful and patriotic as they stormed in, damaged property, and injured people. 

Edit* apparently people also died so that's about as far from peaceful as possible.

Well I'm inferring what he'd be willing to do based on what he said he'd do. A president putting him self in danger is a bad idea but once again, he said he'd run into an active school shooter scenario unarmed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And how were the protestors violent? You keep saying that but did they kill anyone?

(01-27-2022, 07:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've done all the research. I actually went back and looked at it all again today.

How can you have done all the research and still ask if the protestors were violent or killed people?

Here is a video that has some unpleasant violent actions.  At the 20 second mark there is a police officer being crushed and screaming in agony, for example.

Reply/Quote
To be fair I'm sure we just missed the threads posted about DJT calling a reporter an SOB without being asked a question.

Kinda like Trump "initiated" it.  Or something.  Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How can you have done all the research and still ask if the protestors were violent or killed people?

Here is a video that has some unpleasant violent actions.  At the 20 second mark there is a police officer being crushed and screaming in agony, for example.

This sucks, truly.  I just wish the Dems and left leaning types cared about law enforcement at all the other "mostly peaceful" riots in which officers were severely injured or killed.  Guys with blood streaming down their face from being hit by a thrown rock or bottle.  Guys blinded or having their eyesight permanently damaged by high intensity laser pointers.  Guys kicked and punched with impunity.  Broken teeth and noses, split lips.  Guys exhausted from working days at a time.  Guys being spit on and having horrific verbal abuse hurled at the (BTW, the most horrific verbal abuse is always reserved for minority officers, mostly black, because they are "traitors").  Guys having their hearing damaged by high intensity sounds triggered deliberately near their ears.  Guys burned by fireworks or improvised explosives.

The minute people like GM and the Dems start caring about all law enforcement, and not just the guys at the Capitol, I'll start giving their opinion on the matter a bit of credence.  Until then, they can fuq right off with their crocodile tears over the men and women who do this job.  You spent years vilifying them, don't dare to pretend you care now.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.
That was a rioter being killed. The rioter didn't kill someone, as you claim. 

(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.
That's not violence by the rioters (or anyone) like you're claiming Trump incited.

(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.
That's dying in the stampede, and a rioter nonetheless, so not violence that you're claiming Trump incited.

(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.
Died of natural causes, not the violence that you're claiming Trump incited.

(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mr. Greeson and Mr. Philips died of natural causes, the Washington medical examiner said in April. He added that Ms. Boyland’s death was caused by an accidental overdose.
How was that caused by violence that you're claiming Trump incited? 

(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do your own research.  Honestly, if you don't think there was any violence or death in that capitol incident then you've been willingly avoiding it for a year or you refuse to see it.

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.
Was that the suicides? How was that Trump's fault?

Ah, screw it...here.

Officer Brian D. Sicknick of the Capitol Police, who was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7.
Also died of natural causes.

Honestly, do you do any research or do you just post things and hope I'm too stupid to look into them?

(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Officer Jeffrey Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department killed himself after the attack.
Killed himself? How is that Trump's fault? How was that caused by the riots?

(01-27-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Officer Howard S. Liebengood of the Capitol Police also died by suicide four days afterward.

Suicide again. How is that caused by violence that you claim Trump incited?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How can you have done all the research and still ask if the protestors were violent or killed people?

I've seen my name is someone's mouth...again.  So allow me to say...again...that anyone who attacks an officer is wrong.  (Hint: That doesn't mean there are not also bad officers too.)

Maybe that will clear the air a bit.  But...again...I don't expect some people can understand the difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've seen my name is someone's mouth...again.  So allow me to say...again...that anyone who attacks an officer is wrong.  (Hint: That doesn't mean there are not also bad officers too.)

I'm pleased to hear it.  Hopefully your posting habits will begin to reflect your stated position.  I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Quote:Maybe that will clear the air a bit.  But...again...I don't expect some people can understand the difference.

I'll notice a difference when one appears.   Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This sucks, truly.  I just wish the Dems and left leaning types cared about law enforcement at all the other "mostly peaceful" riots in which officers were severely injured or killed.  Guys with blood streaming down their face from being hit by a thrown rock or bottle.  Guys blinded or having their eyesight permanently damaged by high intensity laser pointers.  Guys kicked and punched with impunity.  Broken teeth and noses, split lips.  Guys exhausted from working days at a time.  Guys being spit on and having horrific verbal abuse hurled at the (BTW, the most horrific verbal abuse is always reserved for minority officers, mostly black, because they are "traitors").  Guys having their hearing damaged by high intensity sounds triggered deliberately near their ears.  Guys burned by fireworks or improvised explosives.

The minute people like GM and the Dems start caring about all law enforcement, and not just the guys at the Capitol, I'll start giving their opinion on the matter a bit of credence.  Until then, they can fuq right off with their crocodile tears over the men and women who do this job.  You spent years vilifying them, don't dare to pretend you care now.

I just wanted to post a video showing there was violence,  not endorse the narrative over it. 

Anyways, it's moot because we've just gone from "no one was killed, to "Trump isn't responsible for anyone getting hurt or killed."

I was just replying to the assertion that the protesters didn't kill anyone. They did.  And some of the protesters died but I guess they don't count. And police officers committing suicide after a traumatic event don't count.  

No one that matters died in a manner that matters. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I just wanted to post a video showing there was violence,  not endorse the narrative over it.

I know you didn't.  Forgive me, I felt the need to vent my spleen a bit. 

Quote:Anyways, it's moot because we've just gone from "no one was killed, to "Trump isn't responsible for anyone getting hurt or killed."

I was just replying to the assertion that the protesters didn't kill anyone. They did.  And some of the protesters died but I guess they don't count. And police officers committing suicide after a traumatic event don't count.  

I've said it before, but this type of thread is low hanging fruit.  It's sad to me that this is what attracts replies, but I get your point.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I just wanted to post a video showing there was violence,  not endorse the narrative over it. 

Anyways, it's moot because we've just gone from "no one was killed, to "Trump isn't responsible for anyone getting hurt or killed."

Don't you know Trump is just a "Strong leader" while Biden is a dementia riddled beta?  Ninja

Besides just because Trump told them to march down then and "encourage" congress to "do the right thing", and just because he said he was going to go with them (as if he'd walk that far...lol) that doesn't MEAN that DJT told them to march there and do anything or that he was going to lead them!

Or something.... Smirk
Reply/Quote
I seriously didn't see this post until just now, so I'll go ahead and respond.

(01-25-2022, 11:45 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Better yet, why don't you explain to us why this country is better off than we were a year ago. Of course as you described, without referring to a liberal partisan think tank. 

Why don't you point to where I said we were better off? Honestly, it's been pretty status quo, IMO. From a policy perspective there hasn't been much that's changed. The only real thing I would say is that economic growth last year was the highest since 1984, but that was fueled by COVID-19 relief which was a joint/bipartisan effort between Congress and the White House. For the most part, not a ton has changed. Especially not stuff that the POTUS has direct and sole influence over. 

(01-25-2022, 11:45 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Because from where I'm standing me & my family are not better off. 

That may be, and likely is the case. The whole country is in an economic rough patch, we still have a global pandemic raging, and there is war looming on the horizon. Your anecdote based position aside, the entire country isn't really doing too hot right now, and hasn't been for a while. 

(01-25-2022, 11:45 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: But according to you maybe we really are & we are just too dam dumb to realize it.

Not at all what I said. Dumb would be that you are unable to speak about something, which you obviously have shown you are capable of doing so. What I said was that the majority of Americans are ignorant of the issues, which is factual. Studies show this. Most Americans are ignorant of the political issues that they are voting on because they focus more on the propaganda and rhetoric pumped out by the campaigns. They don't read the CRS reports or the state level versions. They don't read white papers from policy think tanks about issues or the research that they use to reach their conclusions. Most people have a world view and seek out media and personalities that will confirm that world view for them. They vote on emotion and not on policy. 

(01-25-2022, 11:45 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The Biden gaff from yesterday only confirms what anybody paying attention for the last 40 years already knew. He's just another lying, crooked scumbag politician. He just hides it better than others with the coordinated help of the MSM and his cronies. But rest assured it slips out from time to time.

Actually, the MSM has been pretty critical of Biden, but other than that I don't disagree with you at all. You will not find me defending Biden against things like this. I voted for him simply because he was the less objectionable lying scumbag of the two viable ones on the ballot. 

(01-25-2022, 11:45 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He will go down as one of the worst presidents ever.
Eh. That's hard to say for sure. We're one year in, he has an ineffective Congress, he's coming after the presidency of a want-to-be-autocrat, and there are some other strong contenders. Also, it's always hard for me to really rank presidents. I don't put anyone on pedestals because they will always fall off and I always try to see some positives in an administration (yes, even Trump's). 
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I'll make it extremely short this morning and only say this as a response.

I don't believe our country is headed in the right direction under our current leadership.
Reply/Quote