Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looks like Fannie messed up GA case vs Trump
(06-08-2024, 11:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A rather key take away from this thread is that Willis is an incompetent, coupled with being an utterly unprofessional and corrupt person. Her bumbling destroyed this case long ago.

Well, yeah. That's why I really don't care too much about this case. It was definitely a dumb one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 11:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, yeah. That's why I really don't care too much about this case. It was definitely a dumb one.

Well that's funny, you are fine with the other case (hush money, falsifying business records), but this one actually was more about the actions on 1/6.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 10:27 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Simple. 

If He wins and he remains a felon, it would restrict him from traveling and visiting certain states and countries.

So a pardon would be necessary for the greater good of the country if he doesn't win an appeal.

The greater good of the country is not to eleect him in the first place.  Winning an election is not a "get out of jail free card"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: The greater good of the country is not to eleect him in the first place.  Winning an election is not a "get out of jail free card"

*tsk tsk, who would have thought the Dems would put their personal Party beliefs over what's best for the Country.... Sounds like they are converting to MAGA..
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 12:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well that's funny, you are fine with the other case (hush money, falsifying business records), but this one actually was more about the actions on 1/6.

I actually have said a number of times on this forum that the only one of the four cases I actually was putting much stock in from the jump was the Florida case. That one is pretty much open-and-shut. I have said that the GA and NY cases were the weakest. I enjoy paying attention to trials like this and so followed the daily activities and found the DA's case much stronger than I expected in Manhattan. I am also fine with this case proceeding, but I think it is being done in an overly-complicated way that has made a huge mess of things. Willis is over her skis on this case.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 01:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: *tsk tsk, who would have thought the Dems would put their personal Party beliefs over what's best for the Country.... Sounds like they are converting to MAGA..

So saying that not electing a convicted felon is putting the party over the good of the country, yet Trump being in office as a felon is not good for the country?

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 02:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So saying that not electing a convicted felon is putting the party over the good of the country, yet Trump being in office as a felon is not good for the country?

He wasn't when he was chosen by the RNC to be their POTUS candidate was he? 

Or should i say won the primaries since he's not technically been endorsed yet?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 06:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He wasn't when he was chosen by the RNC to be their POTUS candidate was he? 

That really doesn't have anything to do with it. This would be based on the general election, when he will be a convicted felon.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 08:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That really doesn't have anything to do with it. This would be based on the general election, when he will be a convicted felon.

Argue all day, it is what is now and that's not changing anytime soon.

He's the R's Rep and we shouldn't even be talking about his chances to win vs the D Rep, so what does that say about the D rep that might not beat a freshly minted convict? 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 06:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He wasn't when he was chosen by the RNC to be their POTUS candidate was he? 

He was under multiple indictments for criminal cases as well as facing numerous civil cases for unethical behavior. Republicans can talk themselves blue trying to justify their choice but the fact remains they are choosing a crook, conman, fraudster, and sexual assailant as their candidate. That can NEVER be good for the country

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 07:33 AM)pally Wrote: He was under multiple indictments for criminal cases as well as facing numerous civil cases for unethical behavior.  Republicans can talk themselves blue trying to justify their choice but the fact remains they are choosing a crook, conman, fraudster, and sexual assailant as their candidate.  That can NEVER be good for the country

I thought this was American where you are innocent til proven guilty?
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 05:08 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Argue all day, it is what is now and that's not changing anytime soon.

He's the R's Rep and we shouldn't even be talking about his chances to win vs the D Rep, so what does that say about the D rep that might not beat a freshly minted convict? 

To be fair, the D rep also has a hard time beating a couple of steps or a stationary sandbag due to a debilitating stutter that also presents as severe cognitive decline...

Maybe the R rep should have been a sandbag?
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 08:03 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: To be fair, the D rep also has a hard time beating a couple of steps or a stationary sandbag due to a debilitating stutter that also presents as severe cognitive decline...

Maybe the R rep should have been a sandbag?

No, cause then someone from the Left would trip over a stationary sandbag and sue the sandbag... wait didn't Biden already trip over a sandbag? He's ahead of the game.
Reply/Quote