Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden EPA changes may result in loss of 1 million jobs
What is your stance on climate change short term negative impacts on loss of jobs and or hurting the economy?
Biden keeps pushing EV mandates ,but we do not have the infrastructure to charge them and they are 2X the cost of gas powered vehicles in many cases. Bow the Biden EPA is going to after manufacturing plants, their latest change will cost 1 million jobs, with Michigan being impacted the most.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/one-biden-manufacturing-regulation-could-wipe-out-up-to-1-million-jobs-business-leader

One Biden manufacturing regulation could wipe out up to 1 million jobs, business leader says
The Biden administration's new air quality rule was finalized in early February after being proposed over a year ago

Timmons warned that Michigan – a key swing state with a large manufacturing base – could feel the brunt of the new regulation and that the impact on manufacturers will be felt throughout the Great Lakes State.

"Michigan would be one of the states hit hardest. And if new manufacturing investments dry up, that spills over to the rest of the state economy. It affects the family trying to sell their home, the teacher hoping for new investments in schools, the students looking for job opportunities here in the state," Timmons warned.

"And to what end? You cannot solve the world's environmental challenges by driving manufacturing investment away from the United States to countries with lower standards," he added.

President Joe Biden's Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently finalized an air quality rule that the manufacturing industry is warning could wipe out one million jobs and undermine efforts to build new manufacturing facilities in America.
Jay Timmons, president and CEO of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM), is set to sound the alarm about the regulation in his annual state of manufacturing address on Thursday in Roseville, Michigan, according to an advance copy of his remarks provided to FOX Business.

"In his State of the Union Address next month, President Biden will probably take credit for what manufacturers have achieved. That's fair. I know he cares deeply about manufacturing," Timmons explained. "As he often says on the road, 'This nation used to lead the world in manufacturing, and we're going to do it again.'"

"But what he won't tell you is that his federal agencies are, at this very moment, working to undermine his manufacturing legacy – those agencies are undermining your success. In fact, just two weeks ago, they announced one big regulation that could wipe out up to 1 million jobs," Timmons warned. "It's referred to as National Ambient Air Quality Standards or PM2.5."
"It's not the name that matters. It's the consequences. It's stricter than rules they have even in Europe. And in vast portions of the country, we will barely be able to build new manufacturing facilities as a result," Timmons added.

The EPA initially proposed the regulation in January 2023 and issued a final version of the rule this year on Feb. 7. The rule tightens the NAAQS for fine particle pollution or PM2.5, which refers to particulate matter two and a half micrometers or less in diameter, by lowering the air quality standard from 12 micrograms per cubic meter to 9 micrograms per cubic meter.

EPA Administrator Michael Regan said in announcing the rule that the "final air quality standard will save lives and make all people healthier, especially within America's most vulnerable and overburdened communities." The EPA says the revision will prevent "up to 4,500 premature deaths and 290,000 lost workdays, yielding up to $46 billion in net health benefits in 2032."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Only one million ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Not going to read the article as I can't see the link and assume it's from Faux News.

So id this 1 million jobs lost at the EPA because of cost cutting measures? Can't see a pro-environment Pres doing that ever.

Is it because of tougher regulations, thus the 1 millions jobs lost will be in the energy industry? This will never make it through congress.

So.....
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 03:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: Not going to read the article as I can't see the link and assume it's from Faux News.

So id this 1 million jobs lost at the EPA because of cost cutting measures?  Can't see a pro-environment Pres doing that ever.

Is it because of tougher regulations, thus the 1 millions jobs lost will be in the energy industry?   This will never make it through congress.

So.....

Whether this happens or not, I'm mostly amused that we've gotten to a point where jobs that people I don't know may or may not lose is obviously more important than the air we breathe.  The Hollies need to rerecord that old hit song. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 04:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Whether this happens or not, I'm mostly amused that we've gotten to a point where jobs that people I don't know may or may not lose is obviously more important than the air we breathe.  The Hollies need to rerecord that old hit song. 

Really don't want to get into the environmental aspects of things.....really don't.  But it seems neither side understands what "transition" means.  

The most leftist want the govt to force change now, which only a united Congress and POTUS could accomplish, and even then in a free market economy they can't force anyone to lose money to make changes.  It follows then, as per normal politics, have no plan to pay for it.  They chant "EVs", without a plan for regional EV charging stations OR upgrading the grid to handle all of the electricity transfer.  No real plan to produce the electricity, let alone transmit it.  While NOT doing what needs to be done, the POTUS refuses to engage with Energy producers to develop TRANSITION plans, but just paints them as the evil enemy.  Regardless, it is energy companies that are moving forward with renewable power generation, moving faster than govts, can develop and pass regulations to make the path to renewables easy.   Because we can't move to 100% EV over night, financially or practically (supply chain, infrastructure, under developed technologies, etc.), then there must be a transition.  A transition from coal to Natural Gas.  From Oil to Natural gas.  While we are transitioning, we have time to develop and build what we need, but no, the far left wants it all now now now.  The Energy companies are the enemy - evil evil evil.  Meanwhile, no ones talking and nothing gets done because of politics.  Luckily for your childrens lungs and future the Energy Co's are moving toward the transition that the govt's can't even begin to start.

I'm all for clean air and I'm all for saving the planet, but our govts are clueless, impotent and reactionary, while spinning their wheels pointing fingers when what they really should be doing is blaming themselves for being useless.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 06:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: Really don't want to get into the environmental aspects of things.....really don't.  But it seems neither side understands what "transition" means.  

Let me just stop you here and say that I'm talking about the people who comment on this stuff in the most basic sort of "We want clean this and that, but come on...jobs" while also saying that in the USA if you don't have a job or don't have money it is due to a major moral failing and choice on your part.
As for the earth itself, it's human nature to fish the proverbial lake dry before someone else does it...I assume we're screwed unless otherwise specified. 

(02-22-2024, 06:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: Luckily for your childrens lungs and future the Energy Co's are moving toward the transition that the govt's can't even begin to start.

That sucks, I'm sick of younger generations having it too good.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 03:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: Not going to read the article as I can't see the link and assume it's from Faux News.

So id this 1 million jobs lost at the EPA because of cost cutting measures?  Can't see a pro-environment Pres doing that ever.

Is it because of tougher regulations, thus the 1 millions jobs lost will be in the energy industry?   This will never make it through congress.

So.....

Just as Bidne administration did with paying off billions in student loans, the EPA is doing the same. They are bi-passing Congress.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
As if Fox News or Conservatives give a shit about a million people losing their jobs. So long as it's not them, it's not a problem.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 07:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just as Bidne administration did with paying off billions in student loans, the EPA is doing the same. They are bi-passing Congress.

Make up your mind….bypassing Congress and ruling by executive order is how you want the President to deal with the border. Let’s not require Congress to pass the needed legislation.

Congress is too busy with trying to impeach everyone in the Biden administration to actually do their jobs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote