Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Biden Falls Asleep At Climate Summit......
Biden dozed off during the Climate Change Summit and only woke up because one of his aids came over and woke him up, which he then still leans forward half-asleep and rubs his eyes.

Biden's humiliating us on the world stage.

Stock market also appears to be crashing.

Democrats, are you ok with this?
Reply/Quote
This actually makes him pretty relatable. I've been there, and I wasn't even 79 years old at the time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This actually makes him pretty relatable.  I've been there, and I wasn't even 79 years old at the time.

You did it on the world stage while representing the country?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You did it on the world stage while representing the country?

Meh, now you just opened the floor for people to point out all the goofy stuff Trump did while representing the country.

I was just trying to say that we all can admit to dozing off at times.  
Reply/Quote
This looked more like he was drifting in and out of sleep. Which is super relatable, as I have done this at work on occasion, especially during super boring meetings.

When I was 22, a relative new hire at my company, we had an "all hands" meeting where the vice president of the company came to talk about some boring stuff that a 22 year old new hire couldn't possibly care about, I was doing the "head bob" in and out sleeping thing. It was so obvious that the vice president emailed a question of who I was.

Nothing bad happened to me. The VP thought it was more funny than anything. But the email spread around the office and I was organically given the nickname "Sleepy Joe" by my co-workers. It's stuck for the last 10 years of my career because of one meeting when I was a new hire just out of college.

10 years before the right shamelessly stole my nickname and gave it to Biden Tongue.

Still not a great look, of course. I imagine Biden is embarrassed about it, as I was embarrassed about that meeting 10 years ago.

But you know what they say about old people.

They get tired.
Reply/Quote
At any rate, to get specific there are reports that a second-term Reagan fell asleep while listening to the pope drone on, there are videos of Trump dozing during covid meetings and at a prayer service at the National Cathedral, and for all we know Lincoln himself was asleep at the theater when he was shot.

I ain't thrilled with Biden, but calling the guy a national embarrassment when he's doing something that has happened to presidents and paupers alike seems a bit much.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Stock market also appears to be crashing.

Huh? No it isn't. Stock market is doing great. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, now you just opened the floor for people to point out all the goofy stuff Trump did while representing the country.

I was just trying to say that we all can admit to dozing off at times.  
When did he do things like fall asleep on the world stage and call into question his physical abilities to handle the rigors of the office?
(11-03-2021, 02:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This looked more like he was drifting in and out of sleep. Which is super relatable, as I have done this at work on occasion, especially during super boring meetings.

When I was 22, a relative new hire at my company, we had an "all hands" meeting where the vice president of the company came to talk about some boring stuff that a 22 year old new hire couldn't possibly care about, I was doing the "head bob" in and out sleeping thing. It was so obvious that the vice president emailed a question of who I was.

Nothing bad happened to me. The VP thought it was more funny than anything. But the email spread around the office and I was organically given the nickname "Sleepy Joe" by my co-workers. It's stuck for the last 10 years of my career because of one meeting when I was a new hire just out of college.

10 years before the right shamelessly stole my nickname and gave it to Biden Tongue.

Still not a great look, of course. I imagine Biden is embarrassed about it, as I was embarrassed about that meeting 10 years ago.

But you know what they say about old people.

They get tired.
You did it on the world stage? 

How important were those meetings?

Were they with other companies? Were you the head of your company with your actions being judged and shaping those other companies' view of your company?
(11-03-2021, 02:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Huh? No it isn't. Stock market is doing great. 

I've only seen people complaining that they're losing lots of money. 

I also didn't ask my brother, who is a very successful financial advisor, but I noticed that he was losing a lot.
Reply/Quote
Maybe stock market losses are related to GOP wins in the elections, yesterday. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 02:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When did he do things like fall asleep on the world stage and call into question his physical abilities to handle the rigors of the office?

I'm just here to point out that Reagan and Trump were also caught on camera dozing off during meetings/speeches/etc, I'm not here to debate which of our presidents dozed off at the right time or the wrong time.

All I'm saying is that if dozing off is a sign to you that a guy isn't fit for office, you probably shouldn't have voted in the 2020 election. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 02:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You did it on the world stage? 

How important were those meetings?

Were they with other companies? Were you the head of your company with your actions being judged and shaping those other companies' view of your company?

Yep. The all hands meeting was being broadcast live to the world. So obviously, very important. Every company in the world was involved and I was the head of my company. The other companies thought it was hilarious. It may have even helped my career by making me more recognizable in the workplace.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 02:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just here to point out that Reagan and Trump were also caught on camera dozing off during meetings/speeches/etc, I'm not here to debate which of our presidents dozed off at the right time or the wrong time.

All I'm saying is that if dozing off is a sign to you that a guy isn't fit for office, you probably shouldn't have voted in the 2020 election. 
Trump was dozing off in meetings with world leaders?
(11-03-2021, 02:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yep. The all hands meeting was being broadcast live to the world. So obviously, very important. Every company in the world was involved and I was the head of my company. The other companies thought it was hilarious. It may have even helped my career by making me more recognizable in the workplace.

Your posts are all demeaning and aggressive until you have no response to how embarrassing and unfit Biden is to be POS.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Your posts are all demeaning and aggressive until you have no response to how embarrassing and unfit Biden is to be POS.

ThumbsUp

Oh, he's definitely embarrassing and unfit to be president. But I've said that about 1000 times now, so I didn't realize I needed to repeat myself.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh, he's definitely embarrassing and unfit to be president. But I've said that about 1000 times now, so I didn't realize I needed to repeat myself.

ThumbsUp

So you just bash my posts in attempts to make me look bad but just fail?
Reply/Quote
I too would have fallen asleep at the climate summit. I used to have a night art history class in college that I fell asleep in often...man that was brutal.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Trump was dozing off in meetings with world leaders?

No, he dozed off during a meeting regarding something that was killing thousands of Americans every day and throwing our economy and society into absolute ruin.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you just bash my posts in attempts to make me look bad but just fail?

No, I comment on your posts because I find them entertaining. You overreact to really petty, silly things that Biden does, like checking his watch during a ceremony or closing his eyes for a few seconds during a boring meeting. There are so many things to criticize Biden for, but you dodge those topics like crazy, only to come down on him for inconsequential things like this. Or, as in the case with the lawsuit settlements with immigrants, you misunderstand the situation and rage spiral without realizing that you don't know what you're talking about.

The perceived bashing is mostly incidental. It's hard to point out that someone is wrong without that person potentially perceiving it as people "bashing" them.

As for whether I "fail" or not...that's not really up to you to decide. Of course you would think I "fail" at making you look bad. You are the one who started the thread, so you clearly think you're correct. I think the ratings of your threads speak for themselves. You aren't preaching to the choir in this forum.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No, I comment on your posts because I find them entertaining. You overreact to really petty, silly things that Biden does, like checking his watch during a ceremony or closing his eyes for a few seconds during a boring meeting. There are so many things to criticize Biden for, but you dodge those topics like crazy, only to come down on him for inconsequential things like this.

I'll admit that the OP keeps things interesting around here, but it's the framing of stuff like this as a GOTCHA moment that gets me rolling my eyes.

Can you believe a man in his 70s who was elected to be the leader and representative of this country dozed off on camera?  Now this applies to Reagan, Trump, and Biden...but we're only supposed to be completely aghast at one of those guys for doing it.  Take a flying leap at which one did it at "the wrong time."

To summarize how I sees it "Biden fell asleep on the job, do you now realize how much of a mistake it was to elect him and not the other guy in his 70's who fell asleep on the job?" 

Hell, 2nd term Regan, Trump, and Biden could have all gotten the boot for all I cared...nuts to 'em...but that's not in the spirit of this thread.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit that the OP keeps things interesting around here, but it's the framing of stuff like this as a GOTCHA moment that gets me rolling my eyes.

Can you believe a man in his 70s who was elected to be the leader and representative of this country dozed off on camera?  Now this applies to Reagan, Trump, and Biden...but we're only supposed to be completely aghast at one of those guys for doing it.  Take a flying leap at which one did it at "the wrong time."

To summarize how I sees it "Biden fell asleep on the job, do you now realize how much of a mistake it was to elect him and not the other guy in his 70's who fell asleep on the job?" 

Hell, 2nd term Regan, Trump, and Biden could have all gotten the boot for all I cared...nuts to 'em...but that's not in the spirit of this thread.

Oh, absolutely. If it weren't for Brad, this Politics forum would have likely died years ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, he dozed off during a meeting regarding something that was killing thousands of Americans every day and throwing our economy and society into absolute ruin.
No.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds at a time. That's not dozing off. 

Keep trying.
(11-03-2021, 03:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No, I comment on your posts because I find them entertaining. You overreact to really petty, silly things that Biden does, like checking his watch during a ceremony or closing his eyes for a few seconds during a boring meeting. There are so many things to criticize Biden for, but you dodge those topics like crazy, only to come down on him for inconsequential things like this. Or, as in the case with the lawsuit settlements with immigrants, you misunderstand the situation and rage spiral without realizing that you don't know what you're talking about.

The perceived bashing is mostly incidental. It's hard to point out that someone is wrong without that person potentially perceiving it as people "bashing" them.

As for whether I "fail" or not...that's not really up to you to decide. Of course you would think I "fail" at making you look bad. You are the one who started the thread, so you clearly think you're correct. I think the ratings of your threads speak for themselves. You aren't preaching to the choir in this forum.
Closing his eyes for a few seconds during a boring meeting? He fell asleep for over thirty seconds and only woke up because someone woke him up, and then he still was half asleep had no clue what was going on. It might have been boring but it was important. Aren't most meetings boring? And it was on the world stage.

Here's the video if it won't play in the thread.

You try and bash what I post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

What's most hilarious is you accuse me of failing and then claim that it's not up to me to decide whether you're failing.

Hypocritical?
(11-03-2021, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit that the OP keeps things interesting around here, but it's the framing of stuff like this as a GOTCHA moment that gets me rolling my eyes.

Trump closed his eyes for a few seconds at a time. He didn't doze off.
Reply/Quote