Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Biden Falls Asleep At Climate Summit......
So America...greatest country on earth...total superpower...reduced to arguing over which party's leader fell asleep "more" or dozed off at the "better" time. Come on...even Saint Ronnie fell asleep on the job. I'd go so far as to say stuff like this actually makes the president seem like a relatable human being, but alas we can't let anything go without turning it into some sort of "Look at how wrong you were!" moment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
God I hate this place sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Closing his eyes for a few seconds during a boring meeting? He fell asleep for over thirty seconds and only woke up because someone woke him up, and then he still was half asleep had no clue what was going on. It might have been boring but it was important. Aren't most meetings boring? And it was on the world stage.

You try and bash what I post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

What's most hilarious is you accuse me of failing and then claim that it's not up to me to decide whether you're failing.

Hypocritical?

The time at which he was asleep can be measured in seconds, not minutes, so we agree on the timing of his dozing off. He closed his eyes, opened them again and then closed them again. Then someone came to talk to  him. We don't know for a fact that he wouldn't have just opened his eyes again a few seconds later. He was in and out of sleep, as I said.

Also, I didn't accuse you of "failing." Failing is, generally, a subjective matter. If two people are arguing in front of a crowd (or, say, in a forum of people) and 99% of the people agree with one side, it's fair to say that the other side is "failing." It's not for either person in the discussion to decide who is and is not failing, it's up to the people watching.

What I told you was that you are often wrong. What I mean when I say "wrong" is that you say things that are factually incorrect, such as that little debacle where you thought Obama might have separated just as many families as Trump (or maybe more) because the article that I linked (which already said that Trump did it far more than Obama) said there weren't official counts for either administration. You were, objectively, misunderstanding what the article was saying and twisted it into an argument in your favor, which it was not.

There is a lot of room for opinion in politics. It's intrinsic to a lot of the discussions that take place here and in other political settings and much of what "debate" applies to. If you and I have a different opinion, neither of us are wrong or failing, necessarily. But you trip up on factual matters fairly often when laying the groundwork for many discussions here. If you can't even lay a factual groundwork for a topic, it's pretty much impossible to have a successful debate about the topic.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So America...greatest country on earth...total superpower...reduced to arguing over which party's leader fell asleep "more" or dozed off at the "better" time.  Come on...even Saint Ronnie fell asleep on the job.  I'd go so far as to say stuff like this actually makes the president seem like a relatable human being, but alas we can't let anything go without turning it into some sort of "Look at how wrong you were!" moment.

Greatest country on Earth......  total superpower......  reduced to having a leader that can't even stay awake and humiliates us in front of the world. I 

I love your misdirection to avoid addressing my post because you can't counter my points even though you claim I'm a horrible poster.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Here is a moment where you can really relate to that "wha wha I'm awake" moment with Trump.

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-news/story/donald-trump-nods-off-during-queen-s-speech-at-state-banquet-internet-can-t-stop-trolling-him-1542540-2019-06-04

Ida know, stuff like this doesn't make me mad or anything...it's actually better at making presidents seem like human beings to which we can relate. Trump and Biden both did the arms crossed dozing off thing. So what?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Greatest country on Earth......  total superpower......  reduced to having a leader that can't even stay awake and humiliates us in front of the world. I 

I love your misdirection to avoid addressing my post because you can't counter my points even though you claim I'm a horrible poster.

ThumbsUp

I didn't say you were a horrible poster, though I'll point out that this particular post of yours is pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 03:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The time at which he was asleep can be measured in seconds, not minutes, so we agree on the timing of his dozing off. He closed his eyes, opened them again and then closed them again. Then someone came to talk to  him. We don't know for a fact that he wouldn't have just opened his eyes again a few seconds later. He was in and out of sleep, as I said.

Also, I didn't accuse you of "failing." Failing is, generally, a subjective matter. If two people are arguing in front of a crowd (or, say, in a forum of people) and 99% of the people agree with one side, it's fair to say that the other side is "failing." It's not for either person in the discussion to decide who is and is not failing, it's up to the people watching.

What I told you was that you are often wrong. What I mean when I say "wrong" is that you say things that are factually incorrect, such as that little debacle where you thought Obama might have separated just as many families as Trump (or maybe more) because the article that I linked (which already said that Trump did it far more than Obama) said there weren't official counts for either administration. You were, objectively, misunderstanding what the article was saying and twisted it into an argument in your favor, which it was not.

There is a lot of room for opinion in politics. It's intrinsic to a lot of the discussions that take place here and in other political settings and much of what "debate" applies to. If you and I have a different opinion, neither of us are wrong or failing, necessarily. But you trip up on factual matters fairly often when laying the groundwork for many discussions here. If you can't even lay a factual groundwork for a topic, it's pretty much impossible to have a successful debate about the topic.

I was not wrong.

A matter of 3 seconds (maybe less) and 30 seconds (which would have likely gone on a lot longer if he had not been woken up) is not insignificant.

You accuse me of being factually incorrect when it is you in this thread that have been factually incorrect, even in this post, as I point out in the sentence above, so how can you claim the things you claim and pretend to have any credibility?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was not wrong.

A matter of 3 seconds (maybe less) and 30 seconds (which would have likely gone on a lot longer if he had not been woken up) is not insignificant.

You accuse me of being factually incorrect when it is you in this thread that have been factually incorrect, even in this post, as I point out in the sentence above, so how can you claim the things you claim and pretend to have any credibility?

"A matter of 3 seconds (maybe less) and 30 seconds (which would have likely gone on a lot longer if he had not been woken up) is not insignificant."

This is a statement that is called "An opinion."

You think that the difference between closing your eyes for 3 seconds and 30 seconds is significant.

I personally don't think that it is significant. I think he was in and out of sleep, as many are during boring meetings, especially at older ages.

I have not said anything that is factually incorrect. I have just said things that you disagree with.

Now, as for your misunderstanding of which administration separated more families, you were wrong.

"Trump separated more families at the border than Obama did" is a statement that is called a "fact."

This is not arguable as it is something that concretely occurred in reality.

Do you understand the difference yet?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Here is a moment where you can really relate to that "wha wha I'm awake" moment with Trump.  

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-news/story/donald-trump-nods-off-during-queen-s-speech-at-state-banquet-internet-can-t-stop-trolling-him-1542540-2019-06-04

Ida know, stuff like this doesn't make me mad or anything...it's actually better at making presidents seem like human beings to which we can relate.  Trump and Biden both did the arms crossed dozing off thing.  So what?

Closing his eyes for 2 seconds is dozing off?!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: "A matter of 3 seconds (maybe less) and 30 seconds (which would have likely gone on a lot longer if he had not been woken up) is not insignificant."

This is a statement that is called "An opinion."

You think that the difference between closing your eyes for 3 seconds and 30 seconds is significant.

I personally don't think that it is significant. I think he was in and out of sleep, as many are during boring meetings, especially at older ages.

I have not said anything that is factually incorrect. I have just said things that you disagree with.

Do you understand the difference yet?

Once again, factually incorrect post.

How is my "opinion" inaccurate? 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, factually incorrect post.

How is my "opinion" inaccurate? 

If you don't know what the difference between an opinion and a fact is, I can't help you. This is not something I am properly equipped to teach a person. Especially someone who has shown time and time again that they are not interested in learning anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Closing his eyes for 2 seconds is dozing off?!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

The hypnic jerk is a sign of the brain briefly entering a sleeping stage and they can occur rather quickly.  

This stuff happens to everyone.  You may as well say you only vote for candidates who dont fart.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 02:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This looked more like he was drifting in and out of sleep. Which is super relatable, as I have done this at work on occasion, especially during super boring meetings.

When I was 22, a relative new hire at my company, we had an "all hands" meeting where the vice president of the company came to talk about some boring stuff that a 22 year old new hire couldn't possibly care about, I was doing the "head bob" in and out sleeping thing. It was so obvious that the vice president emailed a question of who I was.

Well then, by god, you should never be president of the US!

NEVER!!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A matter of 3 seconds (maybe less) and 30 seconds (which would have likely gone on a lot longer if he had not been woken up) is not insignificant.

What if the Russians had attacked during that 3 seconds? 

No Democrat on this board will admit the obvious danger.
Reply/Quote
All those performance enhancing drugs he took during the debates are finally getting out of his system it looks like
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 05:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: All those performance enhancing drugs he took during the debates are finally getting out of his system it looks like

Hey, I voted for the only political party that might make cocaine legal.  Biden could borrow some nose energy from Hunter or Don Jr. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 04:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you don't know what the difference between an opinion and a fact is, I can't help you. This is not something I am properly equipped to teach a person. Especially someone who has shown time and time again that they are not interested in learning anything.

If you don't know the difference between an opinion that is based off of facts and an opinion that is based off of perception, then I can't help you.

You're deflecting once again.

This is getting sad.

You try to make me look bad and just keep backing yourself into corners.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you don't know the difference between an opinion that is based off of facts and an opinion that is based off of perception, then I can't help you.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you don't know the difference between an opinion that is based off of facts and an opinion that is based off of perception, then I can't help you.

You're deflecting once again.

This is getting sad.

You try to make me look bad and just keep backing yourself into corners.

It is getting sad, but not for the reason you think.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 06:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hilarious
How's that funny?
(11-03-2021, 06:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It is getting sad, but not for the reason you think.

Sad because you have no response.
Reply/Quote