Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden/Harris Just Lost Re-election
(04-29-2021, 08:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It is an odd contradiction to be pushing to legalize marijuana, which I've been in favor of for decades, at the same time you ban menthol cigarettes and Black and Milds.  I can't use marijuana, for obvious reasons, but a large number of my friends do.  If you're doing edibles be careful.  They hit you all at once and it's a completely different type of high.  Even experienced smokers can take too much.  If you take too much you're going to have a bad time.

Oh, I fully plan on like cutting that shit into small pieces to start with. I'm fortunate enough to know enough people doing it legally, now, that I have heard the stories. One of my favorite comedians is also like me in the tolerance department, so I've been taking note of his experiences out in LA now that he's all citified himself.

I just want the feds to get on it because with it being a federally controlled substance, answering those questions on a NICS check truthfully becomes a sticky wicket.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I fully plan on like cutting that shit into small pieces to start with. I'm fortunate enough to know enough people doing it legally, now, that I have heard the stories. One of my favorite comedians is also like me in the tolerance department, so I've been taking note of his experiences out in LA now that he's all citified himself.

I just want the feds to get on it because with it being a federally controlled substance, answering those questions on a NICS check truthfully becomes a sticky wicket.

Oh, for sure.  The good thing about it being legal is that you can get gummies or other type edibles with a mg rating on them.  The consensus is stick to 10mg at most to start.  Haha, I'm starting to sound like a dealer instead of someone on the opposite end of the spectrum.
Reply/Quote
Did marketing Methols to black people make them addicted to Menthols or did companies note the black people especially enjoyed menthols through research and pivoted their marketing towards that trend?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed to the second, but WTF to the first?

Education is always the preferred method.  At the end of the day bans do nothing but create a black market.  This menthol ban is a bad idea.

The first being "subtle racism"?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I am wondering if this ban might include or set a precedent for banning flavors used in shisha.

Virtually all shisha is "flavored," sometimes to the point it stinks like perfume.

https://www.tobaccoasia.com/features/New_Flavor_Trends_in_Shisha_Tobacco/

[Image: young-adults-partying-at-hookah-bar-5904...efcae8.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The first being "subtle racism"?

Yeah, just wondering where that even came from?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can't use marijuana, for obvious reasons, but a large number of my friends do.  If you're doing edibles be careful.  They hit you all at once and it's a completely different type of high.  Even experienced smokers can take too much.  If you take too much you're going to have a bad time.

This you?   Wink

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed to the second, but WTF to the first?

Education is always the preferred method.  At the end of the day bans do nothing but create a black market.  This menthol ban is a bad idea.

Racism is everywhere and in everything, you just have look close enough!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It is an odd contradiction to be pushing to legalize marijuana, which I've been in favor of for decades, at the same time you ban menthol cigarettes and Black and Milds.  I can't use marijuana, for obvious reasons, but a large number of my friends do.  If you're doing edibles be careful.  They hit you all at once and it's a completely different type of high.  Even experienced smokers can take too much.  If you take too much you're going to have a bad time.

Let's just say I have not touched an edible in a loooooooooong time!     LMAO
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I fully plan on like cutting that shit into small pieces to start with. I'm fortunate enough to know enough people doing it legally, now, that I have heard the stories. One of my favorite comedians is also like me in the tolerance department, so I've been taking note of his experiences out in LA now that he's all citified himself.

Schedule 1 for weed is truly indefensible at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, just wondering where that even came from?

OP suggesting that a menthol cigarette ban would cause Biden/Harris to lose Black voters, specifically enough to lose the election.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: OP suggesting that a menthol cigarette ban would cause Biden/Harris to lose Black voters, specifically enough to lose the election.

Ahhh, I see.  An understandable assertion, but I don't think racism was the reason.  I think you can file this under an attempt at humor with racial undertones.  I do agree that in today's world this would absolutely be labeled as subtle racism, but I grew up in the 80's and 90's when racial differences were poked fun of in a not mean spirited fashion.  I grew up with so many amazing comedians who made fun of racial quirks and differences, I just don't see it as racism.  I guess it boils down to intent, and just I don't see a racist intent in the original post.  I'll end by saying I completely get your statement now and I understand why you made it.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:31 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: but I grew up in the 80's and 90's when racial differences were poked fun of in a not mean spirited fashion.  I grew up with so many amazing comedians who made fun of racial quirks and differences

Fwiw, whenever I think of that time and great comedy that would never fly today I think of Eddie Murphy Raw.  The bit he does on Italians after seeing the movie Rocky is still one of the funniest bits I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:31 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ahhh, I see.  An understandable assertion, but I don't think racism was the reason.  I think you can file this under an attempt at humor with racial undertones.  I do agree that in today's world this would absolutely be labeled as subtle racism, but I grew up in the 80's and 90's when racial differences were poked fun of in a not mean spirited fashion.  I grew up with so many amazing comedians who made fun of racial quirks and differences, I just don't see it as racism.  I guess it boils down to intent, and just I don't see a racist intent in the original post.  I'll end by saying I completely get your statement now and I understand why you made it.

I hear ya, but most people aren't comedians yet they think they should have that sort of "Hey I'm just joking" sort of "out" any time they get called out for stuff they say.  One of the general things I always found odd about society is how much we love to watch TV shows where the main characters are constantly being silly or insulting or getting into trouble, yet when I was a kid and emulated that stuff my parents and teachers and so on didn't find it charming or acceptable at all.

The comedian defense is for comedians...by that logic if I'm 39 and I say something racist I could just say "Hey, don't blame me, I grew up in the 1800s!"  Ok, well that's a stretch.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:20 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, whenever I think of that time and great comedy that would never fly today I think of Eddie Murphy Raw.  The bit he does on Italians after seeing the movie Rocky is still one of the funniest bits I've ever seen.

Professional comedians still do lots of bits that are are based on racist tropes. 
Reply/Quote
Last year, the House passed a bill banning all flavored e-cigarettes and menthols, but the legislation did not clear the Senate.

This is not the first time flavored cigarettes have faced prohibition, since the FDA banned other flavored cigarettes in 2009.

The bans will not be put in place immediately, since they're subject to a potentially years-long rulemaking process and then could face legal challenges from the industry.

Matthew Myers, president of Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids said the move would be "historic" in protecting kids from tobacco addiction and advancing health equity, particularly among Black Americans. He told CBS News in a statement Wednesday. "It has the potential to be the strongest action our nation has ever taken to drive down the number of kids who start smoking and the number of Americans who are sickened and killed by tobacco."

There remain some concerns about the possible unintended consequences of a menthol ban.

In a letter obtained by CBS News on Monday, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and dozens of other criminal justice groups expressed concern that a ban on menthol cigarettes would have "serious racial justice implications" because of criminal penalties that would disproportionately impact people of color."

However, if the ban is implemented, the FDA said individual users would not be affected. "[E]nforcement of any ban on menthol cigarettes and all flavored cigars will only address manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, importers and retailers," the FDA's statement said. "The FDA cannot and will not enforce against individual consumer possession or use of menthol cigarettes or any tobacco product."
Reply/Quote
Guess what. Something else will become the preferred cigarettes of minors.

And saying menthols disproportionately affect minorities and so to help them out they are going to ban them? Is that a joke? I don’t know how people get away with this stuff.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

No shit lol

I started vaping weed because that and stem cells are the only ways I've found that can grow back the parts of the brain I'm missing and cure brain injuries and stem cells are probably a long way off.  I vape because my lungs were destroyed in the wreck (which I've mentioned), but it's also a better high anyways.  The only times I think completely clearly and stay 100% focused are when I'm high off vaping weed.

Edibles though............  wow.

The first time I took them, I figured they'd have the same effect as vaping and just would make me think clearly, but after like two minutes I just started dying laughing in the bar and my head was just feeling a whole different kind of nice.  I started thinking "maybe if I roll around, I'll calm down a bit because maybe it's like alcohol and just needs to settle into your system." 

I start rolling around the bar and it felt like I was floating lol.

A friend in a group chat just posted that it will be legal in Ohio soon and I have friends and family in Cincinnati, so I could probably get it that way, but, right now, I get it from my cousin who gets it shipped in from California from a guy that gets it before it goes to the factories to have all the chemicals and everything added, so it's all just ******* amazing, especially since people were dying from the weed with chemicals and whatever. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 02:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No shit lol

I started vaping weed because that and stem cells are the only ways I've found that can grow back the parts of the brain I'm missing and cure brain injuries and stem cells are probably a long way off.  I vape because my lungs were destroyed in the wreck (which I've mentioned), but it's also a better high anyways.  The only times I think completely clearly and stay 100% focused are when I'm high off vaping weed.

Edibles though............  wow.

The first time I took them, I figured they'd have the same effect as vaping and just would make me think clearly, but after like two minutes I just started dying laughing in the bar and my head was just feeling a whole different kind of nice.  I started thinking "maybe if I roll around, I'll calm down a bit because maybe it's like alcohol and just needs to settle into your system." 

I start rolling around the bar and it felt like I was floating lol.

A friend in a group chat just posted that it will be legal in Ohio soon and I have friends and family in Cincinnati, so I could probably get it that way, but, right now, I get it from my cousin who gets it shipped in from California from a guy that gets it before it goes to the factories to have all the chemicals and everything added, so it's all just ******* amazing, especially since people were dying from the weed with chemicals and whatever. 
My god, we have something in common.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: My god, we have something in common.  

Edibles or vaping? lol
Reply/Quote