Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden In The Debates......
(09-13-2020, 10:29 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because 90-95% of the media is also telling Americans that Biden is good and Trump is Evil?

I wonder how things would look if the news was 50/50 vs 90/10 or 95/5 ferociously anti-Trump?

The media and social media play a huge roll in the info Americans receive.  Both are very liberal and rabidly anti-Trump.  That's not even taking into account Hollywood and Universities; both very liberal and anti-Trump.

As far as the debates go, I will reserve judgement until I see what happens starting on the 29th.

If the Biden Campaign tries to have anything other than a normal format debate, it will raise huge red flags for me.

I have nothing personal against Biden and I actually feel sorry for him.  I have tried to watch both candidates talk as much as I can and I genuinely think something is up with Biden.  Something is just not right.  I can't place my finger on it, but it's there.  That has nothing to do with left or right, Rep or Dem.  Just my .02

It's like the "are we the baddies" skit.

If the typical far whatevet-your-side propaganda is calling you out, then you're probably the baddie. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Biden been smoking that shit before debates to seem lucid per Don Jr., who's a bit of an expert himself with his Rita Repulsa girlfriend and her Howard Dean impression. He get that good Colombian yay, though,

Better listen to Don Jr and not elect a meth head like Biden!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:29 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because 90-95% of the media is also telling Americans that Biden is good and Trump is Evil?

This just is not true.  The #1 rated news network in the world is Pro-Trump.  The newspaper with the largest circulation in the nation The Wall Street Journal is very conservative. Other conservative newspapers include The Washington Times and The New York Post.  On line their is Breitbart, The Blaze, the Dailey Caller and many more.

The Business Departments at most Universities are conservative, and you have hundreds of private religious colleges that are conservative.  Then their are the military academies and quasi-military schools like Texas A&M and The Citadel.

The largest system of social networks are churches in America and they are almost all very conservative.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true.  The #1 rated news network in the world is Pro-Trump.  The newspaper with the largest circulation in the nation The Wall Street Journal is very conservative. Other conservative newspapers include The Washington Times and The New York Post.  On line their is Breitbart, The Blaze, the Dailey Caller and many more.

The Business Departments at most Universities are conservative, and you have hundreds of private religious colleges that are conservative.  Then their are the military academies and quasi-military schools like Texas A&M and The Citadel.

The largest system of social networks are churches in America and they are almost all very conservative.

Shh. That crushes their narrative that the MSM is just making Trump look bad and he's not doing it himself.
Reply/Quote

I wonder how things would look if the news was 50/50 vs 90/10 or 95/5 ferociously anti-Trump?

The media and social media play a huge roll in the info Americans receive.  Both are very liberal and rabidly anti-Trump.  That's not even taking into account Hollywood and Universities; both very liberal and anti-Trump.

Fact is, a majority of Americans see what Trump says and does. Can't "50/50" that away.

This is the guy who publicly responds to a rape accusation by mocking the alleged victim's looks. He said Mexico "sends us" rapists, and he prefers military members who "don't get captured." And is reported to have called Marines who died for their country "losers."  How does 50/50 help the guy who takes Putin's side over US intel agencies--before an international audience--and has done nothing to defend us against Russian interference in the coming election? 

That sort of thing "plays a huge role" in how Americans perceive Trump. You're saying some liberal filter is what makes this news look bad? We'd be fine with him if only he were "fairly" presented?

The only thing that could counter Trump's own words and behavior is suppression of the MSM and a full scale saturation of state media on the NK model--ferociously pro Trump, with commentators who attack "the media Mob" and "the left" for hating the dear leader whose "instinctive" decisions have done so much to save America.
Reply/Quote

Here is what is great about America...absolutely nothing other than hard work is preventing anyone who wants to see a fair news network from putting his nose to the grindstone and building the most powerful and influential news network in order to spread the good word of Trump.

Sadly, it seems like more liberals have worked their asses off in order to make ultra-powerful news networks while conservatives just haven't bothered getting off their butts and putting them out of business. 
Reply/Quote
I have a completely different view of what is happening in this Country. Sorry. Peace out.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I have a completely different view of what is happening in this Country.  Sorry.  Peace out.

I'm sure we all agree things are pretty crappy.  So there is that.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Here is what is great about America...absolutely nothing other than hard work is preventing anyone who wants to see a fair news network from putting his nose to the grindstone and building the most powerful and influential news network in order to spread the good word of Trump.

Sadly, it seems like more liberals have worked their asses off in order to make ultra-powerful news networks while conservatives just haven't bothered getting off their butts and putting them out of business. 

I feel like it's more that Republicans just don't stoop to that level and have more class.

I see a lot of videos with people ripping hats off Trump supporters or stealing Trump signs but I've yet to see any Trump supporters do anything like that to Biden supporters.

There may be a few but I think we would have heard more about them if they were anything as serious or happening in as great of numbers as they're happening to Trump supporters.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I feel like it's more that Republicans just don't stoop to that level and have more class.

I see a lot of videos with people ripping hats off Trump supporters or stealing Trump signs but I've yet to see any Trump supporters do anything like that to Biden supporters.

There may be a few but I think we would have heard more about them if they were anything as serious or happening in as great of numbers as they're happening to Trump supporters.

empirically substantiated emotional speculations.  Daddy has a type.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I feel like it's more that Republicans just don't stoop to that level and have more class.

Nervous

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/nyregion/cesar-sayoc-sentencing-pipe-bombing.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/10/30/pointing-trumps-rhetoric-attorneys-kansas-militiaman-convicted-mosque-bomb-plot-ask-more-lenient-sentence/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/05/16/brothers-plead-guilty-beating-homeless-immigrant/jpbvoo23yr2sntgKwtQ6KI/story.html

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/penn-state-student-donald-trump-rhetoric-pleads-guilty/

https://www.salon.com/2016/08/19/washington-man-stabs-kissing-interracial-couple-cites-donald-trump-when-arrested/

It's not ok to slap someone's hat off. But it's kind of hard to take a moral high ground on who has the least disrespectful supporters when there's been several dozen violent crimes adjudicated in the last couple years where the defendants cited Trump as their motivation. I mean, hat slapping is bad, but on a slider scale, I'd say stabbing an interracial couple is worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I have a completely different view of what is happening in this Country.  Sorry.  Peace out.

You don't disagree that Trump mocks alleged rape victims or sided with Putin against his won inte services, right?

He did suggest research into bleach as a COVID cure, right? 

And he held a rally tonight of followers crowded shoulder to shoulder indoors. Yes? 

I am somewhat amazed if we cannot agree on these basic facts about Trump.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:33 AM)Dill Wrote: You don't disagree that Trump mocks alleged rape victims or sided with Putin against his won inte services, right?

He did suggest research into bleach as a COVID cure, right? 

And he held a rally tonight of followers crowded shoulder to shoulder indoors. Yes? 

I am somewhat amazed if we cannot agree on these basic facts about Trump.

1.  I'm ok with what he said after her testimony.  Right or wrong is up to each individual.  I watched the whole testimony.  It was ridiculous.  Zero evidence and zero info, other than feelings and emotion; which I believe someone in a different post said doesn't count.

2.  Nope

3.  Great, end this lock down BS and open fully.  Thankfully my kids are at least in school 4 days a week.  I prefer 5.

4.  Agreed.

It wasn't Trump supporters who just tried to execute 2 innocent police officers in Compton.

It's not Trump supporters blocking Hospital entrances, calling cops pigs and saying they hope they f!@#$%g die.  

It's not Trump supporters rioting and acting like rapid, neanderthal animals.

It's not Trump supporters tearing down monuments.

It's not Trump supporters who support Cancel Culture.

It's not Trump supporters fomenting the hate against police.

It's not Trump supporters who are so mentally weak they cannot even handle a Conservative speaking at a College.

Whatever, I wasn't even going to post here anymore, but the shooting of those 2 cops in LA, the videos that were made laughing about it and the animals at the Hospital blocking entrances and saying they hope they die was just the most disgusting display of human depravity I have personally ever witnessed.

I am not trying to be hostile towards you.  The 2 cops getting shot in LA just has me really frustrated and truly disgusted beyond belief.  I'm not even a huge Trump supporter, but it's disingenuous to blame everything on Trump.  Dems, Media, Hollywood and Academia pushing a completely false systemic racism/America sucks/Identity politics/Conservatives suck narrative hold plenty of the blame for the divisiveness.

Oh, and look, more "peaceful protesters" surrounding a cop car and a person jumping on it.  Awesome.  FYI......Not Trump supporters.
Reply/Quote

Republicans have too much class to actually put in the work to create a for-profit news network that promotes right-wing politicians?  That's a cop-out.  People need to get off their asses and put their noses to the grindstone and get this done.  This is America, if you aren't rich you've got one person to blame and that's your own lazy ass.

No republican news networks make me think that liberals are just move driven and hard-working in this sense.  They've overtaken the media and republicans are more interested in complaining that Trump can't get a fair shake rather than actually working to make sure he does. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:58 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: 1.  I'm ok with what he said after her testimony.  Right or wrong is up to each individual.  I watched the whole testimony.  It was ridiculous.  Zero evidence and zero info, other than feelings and emotion; which I believe someone in a different post said doesn't count.

2.  Nope

3.  Great, end this lock down BS and open fully.  Thankfully my kids are at least in school 4 days a week.  I prefer 5.

4.  Agreed.

It wasn't Trump supporters who just tried to execute 2 innocent police officers in Compton.

It's not Trump supporters blocking Hospital entrances, calling cops pigs and saying they hope they f!@#$%G die.  

It's not Trump supporters who are so mentally weak they cannot even handle a Conservative speaking at a College.

Whatever, I wasn't even going to post here anymore, but the shooting of those 2 cops in LA, the videos that were made laughing about it and the animals at the Hospital blocking entrances and saying they hope they die was just the most disgusting display of human depravity I have personally ever witnessed.

I am not trying to be hostile towards you.  The 2 cops getting shot in LA just has me really frustrated and truly disgusted beyond belief.  I'm not even a huge Trump supporter, but it's disingenuous to blame everything on Trump.  Dems, Media, Hollywood and Academia pushing a completely false systemic racism/America sucks/Identity politics/Conservatives suck narrative hold plenty of the blame for the divisiveness.

Oh, and look, more "peaceful protesters" surrounding a cop car and a person jumping on it.  Awesome.  FYI......Not Trump supporters.

I agree with you on most of your political views and also your view that folks will look to blame the rain on Trump. Don't let The Squad get under your skin. We on both sides of the political spectrum in this forum try to shame each other into changing their political views. it doesn't work.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:58 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: 1.  I'm ok with what he said after her testimony.  Right or wrong is up to each individual.  I watched the whole testimony.  It was ridiculous.  Zero evidence and zero info, other than feelings and emotion; which I believe someone in a different post said doesn't count.

2.  Nope

4.  Agreed.

It's not Trump supporters blocking Hospital entrances, calling cops pigs and saying they hope they f!@#$%G die.  

Trump suggested injections of disinfectant to Dr. Birx at one of his pandemic briefings.

Two ways we can slow the spread of this pandemic and end shut downs is by social distancing and wearing masks and yet Trump inexplicably won’t lead.

Why do we have monuments to traitors?

Just last week Trump called for a Fox reporter to be fired. He is one of the leading proponents of cancel culture.

Trump repeatedly has people thrown out of his rallies. The latest was a reporter who posted on social media attendees at a rally weren’t social distancing and few were wearing masks. I personally know one photographer who was embedded with my unit in Iraq who thrown out for taking photos of people being thrown out. Not to mention Trump’s “I’d like to punch him in the face” talk about peaceful protestors. Or Trump’s Lafayette Square fiasco which saw the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs apologize for his involvement stating it was wrong.

It’s conservative militia and conservatives like Cliven Bundy that need their guns to stand up to oppression by the greatest country the world has ever known.

It’s tragic two police officers were shot and totally wrong to block the entrance to ERs. But, did the Breona Taylor or George Floyd deaths leave you feeling frustrated or disgusted? What about the 194K and climbing US Covid deaths knowing Trump deliberately mislead the country?
Reply/Quote

(09-15-2020, 12:46 AM)Benton Wrote: Nervous

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/nyregion/cesar-sayoc-sentencing-pipe-bombing.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/10/30/pointing-trumps-rhetoric-attorneys-kansas-militiaman-convicted-mosque-bomb-plot-ask-more-lenient-sentence/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/05/16/brothers-plead-guilty-beating-homeless-immigrant/jpbvoo23yr2sntgKwtQ6KI/story.html

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/penn-state-student-donald-trump-rhetoric-pleads-guilty/

https://www.salon.com/2016/08/19/washington-man-stabs-kissing-interracial-couple-cites-donald-trump-when-arrested/

It's not ok to slap someone's hat off. But it's kind of hard to take a moral high ground on who has the least disrespectful supporters when there's been several dozen violent crimes adjudicated in the last couple years where the defendants cited Trump as their motivation. I mean, hat slapping is bad, but on a slider scale, I'd say stabbing an interracial couple is worse.

The idea of saying the party of Trump has "class" is laughable by itself, but I will add this to your list:

the recent protests in Oregon saw Trump supporters indiscriminately shooting people on the streets with paintballs while spraying mace and throwing canisters of chemical irritants. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
2.  Nope
4.  Agreed.

Thanks for responding, Mickey.  All the extra gives me some ideal what you think the stakes are in this election.

I don't think you really believe right/wrong is up to each individual. That's why we have laws. Not sure which testimony you are referring to on 1. There is more than one rape/assault accusation against Trump. Even if there were "zero evidence," it is surely "neanderthal" to suggest a woman is too ugly to rape, even if you are not a role model to the nation's youth. Puzzling so many conservatives accept this behavior.

I went back and checked the bleach comment. He and his doctors had been discussing the effectiveness of bleach earlier. Trump only speaks of injecting "disinfectant" after his comment about using ultra violet rays. So he doesn't DIRECTLY encourage research into bleach injection, just "disinfectant" injection. You agree that happened, right?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zicGxU5MfwE (start at :34). That suggests an incredible ignorance of human biology and medicine, and incompetence in someone in charge of marshaling national resources in the face of a pandemic.

No one is saying Trump supporters shot 2 cops blocked the entrance to their hospital, and no one blames "everything" on Trump. They do blame him for what he actually does, though. And reference to "rioting" does not make a good counter; the man who throws gas on the fire will not fix that.

Right wing media has been pushing the "Dems,-media,-Hollywood-and-Academia*-pushing-a-completely-false-systemic-racism/America-sucks/Identity politics-conservatives-suck-narrative" narrative for decades now. That seems an "everything" sort of blame. And it only holds if your primary sources of info are right wing media. Inside that safe space, HISTORY is cancelled and there is no "fact-checking" claims about systemic racism. In it, the shooting of two cops in LA can expand without resistance into all that is wrong with country that Trump can fix. No one wonders--"so why is all this happening on his watch? Why wasn't it already fixed?" as Tucker and Hannity show reel after reel of "omg cities burning!!"  No one who thinks fact checking important stays in that environment for long. 

In that bubble, one can complain of "cancel culture" with no sense of contradiction while at the same time calling for boycotts of Walmart, Gillette, Pepsi, Starbucks, Nordstroms, Nike and anyone the dear leader finds offensive. One can make rioters and police shooters the face of the Dem party while denying any resonance at all between Trump and the white supremacists who march in direct support of him and his policies. One can affirm the all importance of the US Constitution and the Bible while denying Trump's constant violation of their principles. Yes, it's Trump supporters doing that. 

In consequence, dialogue becomes very difficult. People don't have to understand and work out their differences. They are encouraged not to learn about the other side, to listen to the other's reasons.

*The religious right in the US developed partly in response to the rise of research universities, so that complaint has been around since the 1870s
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump suggested injections of disinfectant to Dr. Birx at one of his pandemic briefings.

Two ways we can slow the spread of this pandemic and end shut downs is by social distancing and wearing masks and yet Trump inexplicably won’t lead.

Why do we have monuments to traitors?

Just last week Trump called for a Fox reporter to be fired. He is one of the leading proponents of cancel culture.

Trump repeatedly has people thrown out of his rallies. The latest was a reporter who posted on social media attendees at a rally weren’t social distancing and few were wearing masks. I personally know one photographer who was embedded with my unit in Iraq who thrown out for taking photos of people being thrown out.  Not to mention Trump’s “I’d like to punch him in the face” talk about peaceful protestors. Or Trump’s Lafayette Square fiasco which saw the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs apologize for his involvement stating it was wrong.

It’s conservative militia and conservatives like Cliven Bundy that need their guns to stand up to oppression by the greatest country the world has ever known.

It’s tragic two police officers were shot and totally wrong to block the entrance to ERs. But, did the Breona Taylor or George Floyd deaths leave you feeling frustrated or disgusted? What about the 194K and climbing US Covid deaths knowing Trump deliberately mislead the country?
Bold 1.  You took what he said literally, I didn't.  

Bold 2.  I believe in opening fully with no masks or social distancing.  A huge percentage of deaths are from the elderly and/or people with underlying health conditions.  Very few healthy people with no comorbitities are actually dying from just Covid.  That 194,000 number may very well be inflated also, based on how some Covid deaths are reported.  A nurse I know told me to my face that they have seen first hand deaths not related to Covid, but where the patient tested positive for Covid and it was marked as a Covid death.  We need to keep the at risk part of the population safe while letting the rest of the people get back to normal.  This was blown way out of proportion for political reasons.  That's my opinion.

Unbolded.  I cannot comment as I do not know enough about those situations.

Bold 3.  Can you please explain?

Bold 4.  From what I have read and listened to on the Breona Taylor case, it appears that everything was legal and legit.  Shots were fired from inside at the cops through the closed door first and they returned fire accidentally hitting Breona.  I also believe that it has been proven that she was receiving drug packages at her apartment, but don't quote me on that.  So no, no outrage on that one.  Whoever shot at the cops and caused them to return fire is who the outrage should be directed at.  Ben Shapiro had a really good segment talking about this case.

George Floyd.  Sort of.  Two rookie cops I believe and another keeping the crowd back.  Chauvin is just a piece of s@!t who should have been fired long ago.  Floyd is also a piece of s!@t criminal who should have been in jail.  Floyd was involved in drug abuse, theft, criminal trespassing, aggravated robbery as well as entering a woman’s home and pointing a gun at her stomach while looking for drugs and money. So, no, not nearly as much outrage on that one.  Also watching the whole video shows the cops were decent at the beginning and that Floyd was acting kinda crazy and was uncooperative, plus a screaming mob of lunatics doesn't help you to think clearly.  That's a lot different than two innocent cops doing nothing wrong almost being executed.  I would like to know where the outrage is over all the black on black killings is?  Chicago strictest gun laws?  That is the real danger for the black community.  90% of all black murders are by other blacks.  We need to fix that.

Neither of those cases has any proof that race was a motivating factor.

Bold 4.  I get what Trump was trying to do and I am personally ok with it.  It just doesn't bother me.  I have read up on the steps that they have taken since January and I believe Trump and his admin have done a very good job.  This was an unprecedented situation.  My opinion.  Not looking to argue about it.  Again, not a huge Trump supporter.  I read what I could find from different sources and believe they did a good job.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The idea of saying the party of Trump has "class" is laughable by itself, but I will add this to your list:

the recent protests in Oregon saw Trump supporters indiscriminately shooting people on the streets with paintballs while spraying mace and throwing canisters of chemical irritants. 

See, i'm not calling anybody on either side names or insinuating that either side is classless.

You pick out some people shooting paintballs and using irritants, assume they are Trump supporters instead of possibly people sick of the BS and then ignore all the human suffering caused by the violent mob for over 100 days now.  What exactly are they protesting again?  I don't even know at this point.  Maybe they just hate their own community and want to burn it down?  CHOP?  2 killed not by Trump supporters.

In summary:  Anyone who supports Trump is classless and a few people shooting paintballs and using irritants (bad people) vs over 100 days of arson, death, violence and anarchy that have destroyed peoples livelihoods (Peaceful protesters).  Seems fair.
Reply/Quote