Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Kept Checking His Watch During Dignified Transfer
(09-05-2021, 11:51 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Where was this hate boner when Trump called POWs losers?

I'd say that hate boner was out in full force when Biden won AZ. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 02:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Cool then let's impeach him. 

If someone keeps checking their watch while you're talking to them, you get offended and mad because they're so disrespectful.

The President of the United States does it multiple times during the transfer of fallen soldiers and you're all just like "meh"?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 06:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If someone keeps checking their watch while you're talking to them, you get offended and mad because they're so disrespectful.

You get offended pretty easily if this gets you upset. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 06:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If someone keeps checking their watch while you're talking to them, you get offended and mad because they're so disrespectful.

The President of the United States does it multiple times during the transfer of fallen soldiers and you're all just like "meh"?

I'm not like meh. I demand we impeach him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 06:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You get offended pretty easily if this gets you upset. 

It's rude and dick to do.  Multiple that by a thousand in something as serious as a dignified transfer.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not like meh. I demand we impeach him. 

Clinton and Trump gained popularity and support by being impeached.  Impeachment ain't what it used to be. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's rude and dick to do.  Multiple that by a thousand in something as serious as a dignified transfer.

We like rude presidents.  Did you ever see how many jokes get thrown at Jimmy Carter?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's rude and dick to do.  Multiple that by a thousand in something as serious as a dignified transfer.

If you cared about presidents being rude or being a dick you wouldn't want Trump as president. 

So we know that's not the reason you made a thread about this. 

It must be some other reason. 

BDS perhaps?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you cared about presidents being rude or being a dick you wouldn't want Trump as president. 

So we know that's not the reason you made a thread about this. 

It must be some other reason. 

BDS perhaps?

When was Trump ever that big of a dick to disrespect fallen soldiers in such a horrible way?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When was Trump ever that big of a dick to disrespect fallen soldiers in such a horrible way?

He insulted gold star families. He made fun of POWs. He called dead soldiers suckers and losers. 

Honestly, it'd be harder to find a quote or situation with Trump where he wasn't belittling soldiers.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He insulted gold star families. He made fun of POWs. He called dead soldiers suckers and losers. 

Honestly, it'd be harder to find a quote or situation with Trump where he wasn't belittling soldiers.

This was worse than any of that.

Just blatant disregard for their lives.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This was worse than any of that.

Or maybe he wanted to know what time it was, forgot because he's senile, checked again etc.

I'm not sure how you can claim nondescript actions are worse than explicit language. 

What you think Biden was thinking was bad, but Trump literally said all those things I noted. We don't have to guess how he feels like we do with Biden. 

You can keep cranking the Biden outrage machine but it's just never going to be as bad as Trump. So you either have to condemn both and say neither should ever be president (which I would agree with) or you have to just accept that you're a partisan hypocrite.

Which, you know, is fine. Just be honest with yourself. 

For all our sakes...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 08:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Or maybe he wanted to know what time it was, forgot because he's senile, checked again etc.

I'm not sure how you can claim nondescript actions are worse than explicit language. 

What you think Biden was thinking was bad, but Trump literally said all those things I noted. We don't have to guess how he feels like we do with Biden. 

You can keep cranking the Biden outrage machine but it's just never going to be as bad as Trump. So you either have to condemn both and say neither should ever be president (which I would agree with) or you have to just accept that you're a partisan hypocrite.

Which, you know, is fine. Just be honest with yourself. 

For all our sakes...

It's a dignified transfer.  The time shouldn't matter.  Was he afraid he was going to miss Matlock?

As bad as Trump?  All of those "anonymous sources" stating that Trump called fallen soldiers that?
Reply/Quote
Trump clearly did something to piss off active-duty servicemen and women over his term in office.

[Image: 22766.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 08:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's a dignified transfer.  The time shouldn't matter.  Was he afraid he was going to miss Matlock?

As bad as Trump?  All of those "anonymous sources" stating that Trump called fallen soldiers that?

Yes. 

For some people, checking the time is compulsive. It's still rude but it's not typically malicious. 

Whereas everything Trump says is explicitly malicious. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 08:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:  
Yes. 

For some people, checking the time is compulsive. It's still rude but it's not typically malicious. 

Whereas everything Trump says is explicitly malicious. 

I think we can agree Biden is being an ass here, but as long as the GOP is beholden to the cult of Trump they are the ultimate glass house that shouldn't throw stones. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 09:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we can agree Biden is being an ass here, but as long as the GOP is beholden to the cult of Trump they are the ultimate glass house that shouldn't throw stones. 

Definitely
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This was worse than any of that.

This is pretty comical. I know you’re going to dispute the insults to the fallen soldiers, so I’m not to bring that up. But do you view it as an insult that he flat out didn’t go visit those graves at all that day? If Biden skipped a cemetery visit for fallen soldiers, would you view it as disgraceful?

One thing that can’t be denied is that Trump publicly, on video, railed against McCain and other POWs by association. He said, and this is a direct quote, “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” I’m sure you’re aware, but just for context, McCain was a veteran in the Vietnam War and was a POW. After being shot down and captured, he was tortured mercilessly as the North Vietnamese tried to get information out of him. He was a POW for over five years before finally being released in 1973.

I would like you to honestly ask yourself that if Biden said that, how you would react. I want to make this clear, I’m not defending Biden here. I’m just pointing out that you are really showing your partisanship. You seem to be outraged that Biden did this when Trump has done/said equally if not more insulting things. I genuinely think his comments regarding McCain are incredibly disrespectful.

On top of this, if we are just talking about “dick moves”, Trump made fun of a disabled reporter. I would think that this would infuriate you. Bottom line is that Trump was a massive douche and you seem to be trying to sweep things he did under the rug because you liked him politically.
Reply/Quote
I really don't know why any of you are bothering. I honestly just pity Brad at this point because of his extreme disconnection from reality.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 07:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Clinton and Trump gained popularity and support by being impeached.  Impeachment ain't what it used to be. 

Presidents gonna be out here trying to get impeached 

[Image: Ro7fI3I.jpg]

[Image: GWEIYOp.png]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote