Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden On Michigan State Shooting
Our classless POS is at it again. Well, he's either classless or, as I've posted over and over, he's just mentally gone. Personally, I think he's there a little bit and just totally classless and an idiot or it's possible that he's totally clueless and has no clue that he is an idiot.

When he held a press conference about the Michigan State shooting, he mentioned how "no one needs a magazine that holds 50 70 bullets."

Let's pretend for a minute that he knows what he's talking about and he's mentally with it: the gunman at Michigan State used a handgun.

So, my question is, is Biden just clueless or is he using dead bodies to further push an agenda, which is one of the most classless things you can do?

Which do you think it is: is he there a little bit and just totally classless and an idiot or is he clueless and has no clue what's going on?

(What the hell is 50 70 bullets? Another reason why I think he is clueless.)
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 07:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Our classless POS is at it again. Well, he's either classless or, as I've posted over and over, he's just mentally gone. Personally, I think he's there a little bit and just totally classless and an idiot or it's possible that he's totally clueless and has no clue that he is an idiot.

When he held a press conference about the Michigan State shooting, he mentioned how "no one needs a magazine that holds 50 70 bullets."

Let's pretend for a minute that he knows what he's talking about and he's mentally with it: the gunman at Michigan State used a handgun.

So, my question is, is Biden just clueless or is he using dead bodies to further push an agenda, which is one of the most classless things you can do?

Which do you think it is: is he there a little bit and just totally classless and an idiot or is he clueless and has no clue what's going on?

(What the hell is 50 70 bullets? Another reason why I think he is clueless.)

He's talking about high-capacity magazines and saying that the danger of the public having access to them is greater than any potential benefit they might provide. Also for reference pistols absolutely can have extended magazines as well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:10 PM)treee Wrote: He's talking about high-capacity magazines and saying that the danger of the public having access to them is greater than any potential benefit they might provide. Also for reference pistols absolutely can have extended magazines as well. 

Can you buy an extended magazine for a pistol (or any hand gun) that has 70 rounds?  I honestly don't know but i'm skeptical.

If not then it sounds like Biden is pushing an agenda as that would be completely unrelated to the shooting.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Can you buy an extended magazine for a pistol (or any hand gun) that has 70 rounds?  I honestly don't know but i'm skeptical.

If not then it sounds like Biden is pushing an agenda as that would be completely unrelated to the shooting.  

Yes.

[Image: mag1033-blk_magpul_pmag_d-50_gl9_glock_04_1.jpg]

Well, that is 50, but I can also find 100 round drum magazines for Glocks.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

I mean, it's still pushing an agenda and it isn't really related. But yeah.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Not to sound overly cynical, but other than scoring political points what is the purpose of a politician ever addressing a shooting in this country?
Reply/Quote
I see. Gun laws will prevent people from shooting guns. Then why is South Chicago with the strictest gun laws still having all the illegal guns? People shoot people. I wish the government would recognize that.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 06:00 AM)hollodero Wrote: To be fair, that's what politicians usually do. Pushing agendas is in the job description.

I don't disagree at all.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 03:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see. Gun laws will prevent people from shooting guns. Then why is South Chicago with the strictest gun laws still having all the illegal guns? People shoot people. I wish the government would recognize that.

Alright, so I am not in favor of these moves towards gun control but there is faulty logic in this statement. If you are in an area of strict rules surrounded by less restrictive zones and there is no monitored border then your rules will be pointless. Firearms recovered in Illinois that are used in crimes were purchased in places like Missouri, Iowa, Kentucky, etc. In fact, we know that when Missouri loosened their gun laws the rate of firearms recovered from crimes coming from Missouri increased in the succeeding years. We have seen this phenomenon in Virginia where our loose laws are used by people in DC, Maryland, and even New York to purchase firearms that are then used in crimes in those places.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes.

Lol I’m not a gun guy but those are hideous. Ignoring liberal vs GOP agendas why would anyone want those? Those “clips” have got to weigh more than the gun. They almost look fake.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 08:05 AM)basballguy Wrote: Lol I’m not a gun guy but those are hideous. Ignoring liberal vs GOP agendas why would anyone want those? Those “clips” have got to weigh more than the gun. They almost look fake.

So, the 50-round drum is actually from a very reputable company, not so much for the 100-round ones. Drum magazines are notoriously unreliable and unwieldy. They are definitely more of a range toy than anything. If you notice the back of the pistols in the 100-round picture you will see a little block in there. This is what is called an auto-sear. This is a device that makes those Glocks machine pistols. They have a giggle-switch where they can go full auto. That drum magazine will empty in seconds, so imagine how quickly your standard 17-round magazine would empty.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 07:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Alright, so I am not in favor of these moves towards gun control but there is faulty logic in this statement. If you are in an area of strict rules surrounded by less restrictive zones and there is no monitored border then your rules will be pointless. Firearms recovered in Illinois that are used in crimes were purchased in places like Missouri, Iowa, Kentucky, etc. In fact, we know that when Missouri loosened their gun laws the rate of firearms recovered from crimes coming from Missouri increased in the succeeding years. We have seen this phenomenon in Virginia where our loose laws are used by people in DC, Maryland, and even New York to purchase firearms that are then used in crimes in those places.

On a related note I grew up in a town in PA less than 10 miles from the Ohio border and when the drinking age was 18 in Ohio and 21 in PA it led to a lot of people age 16-20 driving 10+ miles in order to drink and then 10+ miles back drunk since they weren't legally allowed to drink at any of the many bars within walking distance. 
Reply/Quote
Crazy person with a gun. It seems he had previous gun charges reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor not too far back. Neighbors reportedly heard him randomly shooting out of his back door. The reduced charges might have allowed him to then purchase the gun. Had notes on him to what areas he was planning going to target...MSU amid one of them.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:10 PM)treee Wrote: He's talking about high-capacity magazines and saying that the danger of the public having access to them is greater than any potential benefit they might provide. Also for reference pistols absolutely can have extended magazines as well. 
Why's he bringing it up now?
(02-17-2023, 09:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Can you buy an extended magazine for a pistol (or any hand gun) that has 70 rounds?  I honestly don't know but i'm skeptical.  

He obviously wasn't talking about that because the shooter didn't have one, meaning that he's using a tragedy to push an agenda, making him a classless piece of shit. 
(02-18-2023, 06:00 AM)hollodero Wrote: So it turns out pistols can absolutely have extended magazines. Which begs a question about you now, doesn't it? According to your own logic, of course. Classless or clueless?

To be fair, that's what politicians usually do. Pushing agendas is in the job description.

The shooter didn't have a pistol with an extended magazine, meaning I am not clueless or classless, am I?

Also, see the response above this one.

How would that make me classless anyways?
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why's he bringing it up now?
He obviously wasn't talking about that because the shooter didn't have one, meaning that he's using a tragedy to push an agenda, making him a classless piece of shit. 

The shooter didn't have a pistol with an extended magazine, meaning I am not clueless or classless, am I?

Also, see the response above this one.

How would that make me classless anyways?

why not bring it up now?  High-capacity magazines have been used time and time again in these mass shootings.  Just because one wasn't used in this particular situation doesn't mean banning them isn't a valid argument.  There is NO civilian that needs that sort of firepower. Besides the constitution only protects the right to bear arms. It doesn't protect the right to ammunition

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:58 PM)pally Wrote: why not bring it up now?  High-capacity magazines have been used time and time again in these mass shootings.  Just because one wasn't used in this particular situation doesn't mean banning them isn't a valid argument.  There is NO civilian that needs that sort of firepower.

Because it's irrelevant to what happened and is just Biden trying to push an agenda.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because it's irrelevant to what happened and is just Biden trying to push an agenda.

I mean, stating this is like complaining about being wet after walking out in the rain without any sort of rain gear on. He's a politician, it's what they do. Show me a politician that doesn't do this sort of thing and you can be assured that they won't be elected.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because it's irrelevant to what happened and is just Biden trying to push an agenda.

Isn't pushing an agenda, like this one, exactly why he was elected in the first place?  After all, the vast majority of Americans, support common sense gun legislation including the restriction of high-capacity magazines.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 08:13 PM)pally Wrote: Isn't pushing an agenda, like this one, exactly why he was elected in the first place?  After all, the vast majority of Americans, support common sense gun legislation including the restriction of high-capacity magazines.

Pretty sure the point he’s trying to make is “time and place”. Pretty sure you know this :)

I think it happens so much now we just accept is as normal
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes.

Seems practical, lol.
Reply/Quote
[Image: FTjLx65VIAEXMLt?format=jpg&name=360x360]

This was first published after Sandy Hook.

[Image: ExHqDEKXAAIZ2fK?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote