Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden On Michigan State Shooting
(02-18-2023, 09:09 PM)samhain Wrote: Seems practical, lol.

I mean, I have shot a Glock 18 before and can see the value in a drum mag like that given how quickly you will run through even the largest stick mag I have seen for one. But, machine pistols aren't exactly the most practical things to begin with.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 09:09 PM)samhain Wrote: Seems practical, lol.

I feel like practicality takes a backseat when you can do something that conceivably upsets members of the opposite party.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why's he bringing it up now?
He obviously wasn't talking about that because the shooter didn't have one, meaning that he's using a tragedy to push an agenda, making him a classless piece of shit. 

Shouldn't that depend on the "agenda"?  Jesus and George Washington pushed an agenda.

And you are too, though you seem to assume that only the other guy does that.

When I go to vote, I vote for the person pushing an "agenda" I favor.

What would a politician without an "agenda" look like? Can you offer an example? 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like practicality takes a backseat when you can do something that conceivably upsets members of the opposite party.

Probably.

Sometimes, when I see this sort of thing, I think back to times when I had shitty ideas and was fortunate enough to have someone around to tell me how shitty the idea was before I acted on it.  

Unrelated to that, it sort of reminds me of the gun that the jack Nicholson Joker had in the Tim Burton movies.  It looked like a pistol but had a rifle barrel.  Just kind of absurd for the sake of being absurd.  Like, you could make something like that if you want to, and it would technically function correctly, but it probably doesn't do a lot for you from a utilitarian perspective.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 08:12 PM)Dill Wrote: Shouldn't that depend on the "agenda"?  Jesus and George Washington pushed an agenda.

And you are too, though you seem to assume that only the other guy does that.

When I go to vote, I vote for the person pushing an "agenda" I favor.

What would a politician without an "agenda" look like? Can you offer an example? 

It was classless and stupid to bring up here because people died and Biden’s just shitting on them.

I don’t know too many politicians that use tragedies of that manner to bc push an agenda that had nothing to do with the actual tragedy.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 11:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don’t know too many politicians that use tragedies of that manner to bc push an agenda that had nothing to do with the actual tragedy.

Bush using 9/11 to start a war that would go on for 20+ years, comes to mind. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 11:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, I have shot a Glock 18 before and can see the value in a drum mag like that given how quickly you will run through even the largest stick mag I have seen for one. But, machine pistols aren't exactly the most practical things to begin with.

I can't see the value in a Glock 18 itself or a drum for a pistol, myself. Give me something I can actually get a reliable shot on target with well grouped follow up shots. Can't imagine what must be a ~2lb 50 round drum on the bottom of a pistol does wonders for accuracy or keeping it from feeling awkward in handling. Though I am sure it's probably fun to just magdump on the range for shits and giggles, but I can't imagine you're getting a great grouping.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 11:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don’t know too many politicians that use tragedies of that manner to bc push an agenda that had nothing to do with the actual tragedy.

You're joking,, right?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 11:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It was classless and stupid to bring up here because people died and Biden’s just shitting on them.

I don’t know too many politicians that use tragedies of that manner to bc push an agenda that had nothing to do with the actual tragedy.

People died and Biden's "agenda" is to craft policies which can prevent that from happening again and again and again.

So preventing a repeat DOES have something to do with the "actual tragedy" that motivates it.

People denying that and blocking gun laws is why the tragedies recur again and again and again.

If the dead move Biden and others to prevent a repeat, that's hardly shitting on those dead or "classless." 

Were people who passed laws against drunk driving "shitting on the dead" to drive an agenda that had nothing to do with actual traffic deaths??
Reply/Quote
I see the argument for citizens having high powered, multiple magazines. If the government has them, then citizens should be able too. The second amendment was to prevent tyranny or foreign powers from taking over the nation. Unfortunately, nut cases get ahold of them and decide to kill. I really don't see any solution unless these people can be spotted ahead of time.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 12:26 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I can't see the value in a Glock 18 itself or a drum for a pistol, myself. Give me something I can actually get a reliable shot on target with well grouped follow up shots. Can't imagine what must be a ~2lb 50 round drum on the bottom of a pistol does wonders for accuracy or keeping it from feeling awkward in handling. Though I am sure it's probably fun to just magdump on the range for shits and giggles, but I can't imagine you're getting a great grouping.

Oh, 100% agreed. I would take my Glock 19 over an 18 any day of the week. Honestly, shooting an 18 with a drum versus a stick I felt like the drum was easier to control. That being said, I'd much rather have an MP5 or something because it's much more controllable. Plus you get to slap it. Ninja

(02-20-2023, 04:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see the argument for citizens having high powered, multiple magazines. If the government has them, then citizens should be able too. The second amendment was to prevent tyranny or foreign powers from taking over the nation. Unfortunately, nut cases get ahold of them and decide to kill. I really don't see any solution unless these people can be spotted ahead of time.

Magazines can't be high powered. They can be high capacity, though. Also, our government doesn't use them. The new service sidearm, the M17, has a 17-round standard magazine or a 21-round extended magazine with extends slightly.

[Image: 1024px-Sig_Sauer_M17_transparent.gif]

They aren't issuing anything more than that.

The XM7, the next standard issue rifle for our armed services has standard 20-round magazine and we likely won't see anything in their hands larger than a 30-round box.

[Image: 1920px-SIG_Sauer_XM5.png]

Anything more than that is reserved for belt-fed, open-bolt systems. The reason is because once you start getting into those drum magazines you learn how unreliable they are. The risk of running into feeding problems is so high that you are better off using three, 30-round magazines and changing them out than you are to use a 100-round drum mag. You'd be able to put more shots on target quicker than with the drum mag.

The biggest issue with the conversations around magazines is that people tend to refer to standard magazines as high-capacity. My 17-round Glock magazine runs flush in my Glock 17. That is a standard magazine, no matter what California says.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 11:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It was classless and stupid to bring up here because people died and Biden’s just shitting on them.

Every politician uses tragedy to push an agenda. You just don’t like the agenda. The families of these dead students…they want common sense gun laws. They approve of the agenda

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote