Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Says No Amendment Is Absolute
Biden says "no amendment is absolute."

Really?

What about the one the 13th Amendment that outlaws slavery? That's not absolute?

What about the 19th Amendment that gave women the right to vote? That's not absolute? I've heard women say that they vote Democrat because of the abortion issue since the government shouldn't be able to tell them what to do with their bodies, but you'd rather a party say that you're not smart enough and don't have enough value in society to decide what goes on in the country?

Does Joe Biden not understand our government's structure or, as I've said, is he just delusional and not all there? Has he forgotten what this country is founded on?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden says "no amendment is absolute."

Really?

What about the one the 13th Amendment that outlaws slavery?  That's not absolute?

What about the 19th Amendment that gave women the right to vote?  That's not absolute?  I've heard women say that they vote Democrat because of the abortion issue since the government shouldn't be able to tell them what to do with their bodies, but you'd rather a party say that you're not smart enough and don't have enough value in society to decide what goes on in the country?

Does Joe Biden not understand our government's structure or, as I've said, is he just delusional and not all there?  Has he forgotten what this country is founded on?

What about the 18th?

Mellow

I mean the country was founded on white, male landowners having all the power. We made changes, "amended" the constitution if you will, to change that over the years. Literally there is a process to change all of the amendments if enough people wanted it.

But maybe everyone else doesn't understand our government's structure as well as you. Ninja

(Day after day of posts like this OP and I got a lifetime warning for posting a video that had the wrong date stamp...cool.)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: What about the 18th?

Mellow

I mean the country was founded on white, male landowners having all the power.  We made changes, "amended" the constitution if you will, to change that over the years.  Literally there is a process to change all of the amendments if enough people wanted it.

But maybe everyone else doesn't understand our government's structure as well as you. Ninja

(Day after day of posts like this OP and I got a lifetime warning for posting a video that had the wrong date stamp...cool.)

You really think that's the same as inalienable rights as humans?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 04:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You really think that's the same as inalienable rights as humans?

I "think" that a precedent has been set that we can repeal past amendments.  Giving people freedom and the right to vote was good.  But they could *both* be repealed...or "amended"...there's an actual process for it.

So Biden is correct you just don't like it. Color me stunned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Many amendments are effectively absolute, in the sense that they will likely never be repealed. IE, Freedom of Speech, Slavery, Freedom of the Press etc. However, no amendment is legitimately absolute. There has been a precedent set of repealing a prior amendment (18th amendment was repealed by the 21st amendment).
Reply/Quote
So is he trying to say I don’t have a constitutional right to thermonuclear arms? What kind of lib bullshit is this
Reply/Quote
And Biden is absolutely correct.

Shit, the text of the 13th amendment itself shows how the abolishment of slavery and indentured servitude isn't absolute.

Women's right to vote isn't absolute the same as men's right to vote isn't.

Accusing Joe Biden of "not understanding our government's structure" is comical.

Edit: My response is off topic as the OP is about whether or not amendments themselves are absolute, rather than the rights. However it is still equally comical, as of course amendments can be repealed and are certainly not absolute.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

LOOK, ANOTHER FAILED ATTEMPT TO TRASH BIDEN. SHOULDA' USED BOLD AND EMOJIS.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Really?

You need to go back an re-take 9th grade civics if you are not aware that the Constitution can be amended.

Even though Biden is supposedly completely senile he knows more about the Constitution than you do.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  I've heard women say that they vote Democrat because of the abortion issue since the government shouldn't be able to tell them what to do with their bodies, but you'd rather a party say that you're not smart enough and don't have enough value in society to decide what goes on in the country?

So Democrats are trying to repeal the 19th Amendment?

You have a link to that?

As far as I know The GOP is the only party trying to limit people's ability to vote right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So Democrats are trying to repeal the 19th Amendment?

You have a link to that?

As far as I know The GOP is the only party trying to limit people's ability to vote right now.

Biden's saying it's not an absolute right. 

Once again, you're trying to twist words to make it into something it's not, just like you always do.
Reply/Quote
This is getting pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to go back an re-take 9th grade civics if you are not aware that the Constitution can be amended.

Even though Biden is supposedly completely senile he knows more about the Constitution than you do.

Who the **** do you think you are thinking that amendments can be amendable? 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Really?

Yes.

Ffs Brad, that is the base of our government, that all of it can change as necessary. That's why we got off to a strong start, the framers realized we needed to be flexible. God **** man
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 12:34 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: This is getting pathetic.

Yes it is.  I have never seen so much hatred out of someone like this.  Sad way to live.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 08:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden's saying it's not an absolute right. 

Once again, you're trying to twist words to make it into something it's not, just like you always do.

That's because it isn't.  The constitution can be changed.  There's a process for it and everything.

Brad.  I must concur with several others in this thread.  This is getting pathetic.  

You really need some self evaluation and to quit reading polarized political sites.  You'll be happier for it.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 08:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden's saying it's not an absolute right. 

Biden is 100% correct.  We have a process to change the Constitution.  It has happened many times.

Plus there are also limits on the rights granted in the Constitution.  Freedom of Speech is limited in many ways.  You can't incite violence or panic.  You can't commit perjury, slander, fraud, or libel.  The right to bear arms does not apply to criminals or mentally ill people.  And the ownership of many weapons like bazookas and fully automatic weapons are highly regulated.

I don't even know what you are trying to argue in this thread.

What is your point?
Reply/Quote
The Dunning-Krueger effect in thread format.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 06:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Dunning-Krueger effect in thread format.

TIL there's actually a name for the old saying 'the rich man thinks everyone else is rich'. Neat.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 07:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

LOOK, ANOTHER FAILED ATTEMPT TO TRASH BIDEN.  SHOULDA' USED BOLD AND EMOJIS.

Bro, this forum for 4+ years was about trashing Trump; now we will have 4+ years of defending Biden.
Reply/Quote