Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Signs Bill To Allow Bio Males In Female Sports
(01-22-2021, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We have a system of checks and balances, which is why he needed to sign it.  

He could use common sense and not sign it.

Brad, this is the frustrating thing with you. You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, but you seem to form these strong opinions based off of your limited information diet.

Why would he not sign this executive order? Do you really believe that the Supreme Court made a ruling specifically on transgender athletes, and this is all that this is focused on?

The answer is no. The ruling was on sexual discrimination regarding transgender individuals and gay individuals, period. This means employment, and it also included language pertaining to college and high-school athletes. If you truly believe that sexual discrimination should not include transgender or gay individuals, I would be interested in hearing why.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You'd like me to just buy things that are being fed to everyone because people fear not being politically correct?

No buddy.  I think you're entitled to your opinions.  I just don't like seeing you get dogged for such an unimportant issue.  Bottom line, who cares?  We need to all stop disagreeing, and try and unite to fix all this shit.  The Democrats are in control now, let's see what they can do.  Trump really messed shit up, and that buddy, is a FACT!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We have a system of checks and balances, which is why he needed to sign it.  

He could use common sense and not sign it.
Not really.

You'd like me to just buy things that are being fed to everyone because people fear not being politically correct?

Brad, I'm gonna start of by saying that I think you've been using respectful language with regards to discussing the issue of trans folk. I understand the position you are coming from on this, and as others have said, there really isn't an easy answer on the sports topic. Speaking generally though on anti-discrimination legislation, this is a necessary step towards enforcing the law as the courts have interpreted it.

Executive Orders are basically rules unilaterally set by the President for the Executive Branch that dictate how policy and laws will be executed/enforced. This wasn't a bill sent to Biden that he had to sign, this was him directing the executive agencies and departments to enforce the law a certain way. The particular way he is asking that the law be enforced is in compliance with judicial interpretation of the law, so he's telling his departments and agencies to follow the law as the courts have explained that it should be followed. It was not followed under the Trump administration. 

If he were to direct the Executive Branch to enforce the law contrary to the way it was written, the courts could find his order to be unconstitutional. Multiple court battles were going on regarding the Trump administration's refusal to follow the law and active efforts they took to roll it back as much as they could. In addition to infringing on the rights of citizens, efforts to actively reverse civil rights legislation costs our government a lot of money in the ensuing court battles that will end in defeat. 

In this case, it's more than just trans teens playing sports. This involved the ruling that sex based discrimination covers discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity, which was decided by the courts in Bostock v. Clayton County in which Gorsuch and Roberts joined the 4 liberal justices in the majority opinion. This sex based discrimination relates to education, housing, employment, healthcare, and other areas where there is no federal anti discrimination legislation covering sexual orientation or gender identity. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote