Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden continues to lie about 1973 trip to Israel
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/politics/fact-check-biden-meir-israel-war-liaison/index.html

Biden was in Israel prior to the 6 day war. Why does he continue to lie or embellish stories for political gain? Simple, he has a very poor record to run on. He looks weak on the world stage, story broke yesterday he gave 1 billion dollars to Hamas. His Afghan withdraw cost us billions of equipment left behind for se by terrorists, but more importantly he allowed 13 Americans to die.

Biden's policy embolden Iran to make over 50 billion dollars to funnel to terrorist organizations and develop nuclear weapons. Biden has no clue how to create and keep peace in the middle east. This story was reported at false way back in 2021, yet he sill tells the lie.

Fact check: Biden tells inaccurate story about his 1973 meeting with Israeli prime minister
Daniel Dale Oren Liebermann
By Daniel Dale, Oren Liebermann and Amir Tal, CNN
5 minute read
Published 8:33 AM EST, Sun December 5, 2021

President Joe Biden has a favorite story about his long relationship with Israel. For decades, he has been publicly recounting his 1973 meeting with then-Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir – which he described in 2015 as “one of the most consequential meetings I’ve ever had in my life.”

But parts of the version of the story Biden told on Wednesday, at a White House menorah lighting for the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, were not accurate.

Most of the details of Biden’s Wednesday account were the same or very similar to the details in his previous accounts. Biden said that Meir kept referring to a bunch of maps, that future Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was present, that Meir offered to take a photo with Biden, and that Meir painted a dark picture of Israel’s security situation but then assured him that Israel had a “secret weapon” in its conflicts with its neighbors: “We have no place else to go.”

But two elements of Biden’s Wednesday version were different than usual, and both of these changes were incorrect. One of the falsehoods was obviously an accidental slip; the other was more substantial.

Biden began on Wednesday as follows: “And during the Six-Day War, I had an opportunity to – she invited me to come over because I was going to be the liaison between she and the Egyptians about the Suez, and so on and so forth.” Later in the story, he suggested that Meir had referred to him during the meeting as “Mr. Ambassador.”

Facts First: Biden misspoke about when his meeting with Meir occurred. The meeting took place about five weeks before the Yom Kippur War in 1973, not during the Six-Day War in 1967. More significantly, Biden inflated his importance to Israel at the time. There is no evidence that Meir had any intention of using him as any sort of “liaison” between Israel and Egypt.

At the time of the Six-Day War in 1967, Biden was still a law student and Meir was not yet prime minister.

Biden’s “liaison” claim is vague, but experts on the Yom Kippur War say it is also clearly inaccurate. While Biden did visit Egypt in 1973 just before he visited Israel, and told Meir what Egyptian officials had told him, there is zero indication that Meir wanted to use a 30-year-old American who had had never previously been to Israel and who had been a senator for only nine months as an intermediary in a complicated and critical conflict. In fact, an Israeli government official’s written summary of the meeting said Biden had seemed inexperienced and that Meir had vehemently rejected his proposal for Israel to unilaterally withdraw from certain territory as a step toward peace.

A White House official suggested to CNN on Thursday that Biden’s assertion that “she invited me to come over because I was going to be the liaison between she and the Egyptians about the Suez” was simply a reference to the fact that he had met with both Egyptian and Israeli officials on the 1973 trip to discuss relations between their countries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/politics/fact-check-biden-meir-israel-war-liaison/index.html

Biden was in Israel prior to the 6 day war. Why does he continue to lie or embellish stories for political gain? Simple, he has a very poor record to run on. He looks weak on the world stage, story broke  yesterday he gave 1 billion dollars to Hamas. His Afghan withdraw cost us billions of equipment left behind for se by terrorists, but more importantly he allowed 13 Americans to die.

Biden's policy embolden Iran to make over 50 billion dollars to funnel to terrorist organizations and develop nuclear weapons. Biden has no clue how to create and keep peace in the middle east. This story was reported at false way back in 2021, yet he sill tells the lie.

Fact check: Biden tells inaccurate story about his 1973 meeting with Israeli prime minister
By Daniel Dale, Oren Liebermann and Amir Tal, CNN
5 minute read
Published 8:33 AM EST, Sun December 5, 2021

President Joe Biden has a favorite story about his long relationship with Israel. For decades, he has been publicly recounting his 1973 meeting with then-Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir – which he described in 2015 as “one of the most consequential meetings I’ve ever had in my life.”

But parts of the version of the story Biden told on Wednesday, at a White House menorah lighting for the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, were not accurate.

Most of the details of Biden’s Wednesday account were the same or very similar to the details in his previous accounts. Biden said that Meir kept referring to a bunch of maps, that future Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was present, that Meir offered to take a photo with Biden, and that Meir painted a dark picture of Israel’s security situation but then assured him that Israel had a “secret weapon” in its conflicts with its neighbors: “We have no place else to go.”

But two elements of Biden’s Wednesday version were different than usual, and both of these changes were incorrect. One of the falsehoods was obviously an accidental slip; the other was more substantial.

Biden began on Wednesday as follows: “And during the Six-Day War, I had an opportunity to – she invited me to come over because I was going to be the liaison between she and the Egyptians about the Suez, and so on and so forth.” Later in the story, he suggested that Meir had referred to him during the meeting as “Mr. Ambassador.”

Facts First: Biden misspoke about when his meeting with Meir occurred. The meeting took place about five weeks before the Yom Kippur War in 1973, not during the Six-Day War in 1967. More significantly, Biden inflated his importance to Israel at the time. There is no evidence that Meir had any intention of using him as any sort of “liaison” between Israel and Egypt.

At the time of the Six-Day War in 1967, Biden was still a law student and Meir was not yet prime minister.

Biden’s “liaison” claim is vague, but experts on the Yom Kippur War say it is also clearly inaccurate. While Biden did visit Egypt in 1973 just before he visited Israel, and told Meir what Egyptian officials had told him, there is zero indication that Meir wanted to use a 30-year-old American who had had never previously been to Israel and who had been a senator for only nine months as an intermediary in a complicated and critical conflict. In fact, an Israeli government official’s written summary of the meeting said Biden had seemed inexperienced and that Meir had vehemently rejected his proposal for Israel to unilaterally withdraw from certain territory as a step toward peace.

A White House official suggested to CNN on Thursday that Biden’s assertion that “she invited me to come over because I was going to be the liaison between she and the Egyptians about the Suez” was simply a reference to the fact that he had met with both Egyptian and Israeli officials on the 1973 trip to discuss relations between their countries.

Welcome back.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/politics/fact-check-biden-meir-israel-war-liaison/index.html

Biden was in Israel prior to the 6 day war. Why does he continue to lie or embellish stories for political gain? Simple, he has a very poor record to run on. He looks weak on the world stage, story broke  yesterday he gave 1 billion dollars to Hamas. His Afghan withdraw cost us billions of equipment left behind for se by terrorists, but more importantly he allowed 13 Americans to die.

Yow, you had me going there Luvnit.

I thought this was going to be really bad, like he had NEVER met with Meir or never been in Israel or something.
Now it just looks like the old guy got a few facts mixed up 50 years later.  Six-day War? Yom Kippur War? Well, one of those.

This is like lying when he claimed that he never spoke to Hunter about his business dealings, when we now know that
in fact he once told Hunter "I hope you know what you are doing." So he did speak with him and lied before the nation about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 05:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Yow, you had me going there Luvnit.

I thought this was going to be really bad, like he had NEVER met with Meir or never been in Israel or something.
Now it just looks like the old guy got a few facts mixed up 50 years later.  Six-day War? Yom Kippur War? Well, one of those.

This is like lying when he claimed that he never spoke to Hunter about his business dealings, when we now know that
in fact he once told Hunter "I hope you know what you are doing." So he did speak with him and lied before the nation about it.

That is a very nice view of Biden's interactions with Hunter Biden as you conveniently leave out the emails he sent and received from HB and his business partners. You conveniently left out all of the trips HB made to the same companies who gave him millions of dollars in cash and gifts. You left out the many dinners Joe attended with HB and his business partners.

I know when he jumped on the 20+ phone calls with HB and Hunter's foreign business partners all they discussed was the weather.  Sarcasm Sarcasm

Yep, you convinced me.  Hilarious Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 05:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is a very nice view of Biden's interactions with Hunter Biden as you conveniently leave out the emails he sent and received from HB and his business partners. You conveniently left out all of the trips HB made to the same companies who gave him millions of dollars in cash and gifts. You left out the many dinners Joe attended with HB and his business partners.
I know when he jumped on the 20+ phone calls with HB and Hunter's foreign business partners all they discussed was the weather.  I know when he jumped on the 20+ phone calls with HB and Hunter's foreign business partners all they discussed was the weather.  Sarcasm Sarcasm

Yep, you convinced me.  Hilarious Hilarious

What did they discuss? What was in those emails?

If you know,  a certain Representative who would like to speak with you.

When he gets time, that is. Right now he is running for speaker.

If you don't know, then all you've got for sure is "I hope you know what you were doing."
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure you think more about Joe than Joe himself.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Report: Old Politician forgets what war occurred in which year and inflated his perceived importance in hindsight. More at 11.
Reply/Quote
1973 trip to Israel, for his Bar Mitzvah? Ninja

One of the left leaning news orgs kept a running total of how many times DJT lied while in office. If this were the 1980s, SNL would be making the "That's the ticket" skits using a character that looked like Joe Biden..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote