Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden decides a wall is needed after all
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/biden-administration-waives-26-federal-laws-border-wall-103738662

But racism, right?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 10:36 PM)basballguy Wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/biden-administration-waives-26-federal-laws-border-wall-103738662

But racism, right?

He is 34 months late. He has allowed almost 8 million illegal immigrant encounters since Jan. 21, 2021.
 His admin. also sold or threw away millions of border wall material. I am glad Congress's investigation into those materials got Joe off his rear end to do something.

Nice to see Biden and Democrats admit Trump was right again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If I didn't know any better I'd assume Biden was a moderate who isn't all that popular with democrats, or something.
Reply/Quote
So, it the Biden administration also going to try to take credit for kids in cages, or are they going to let that idea stand with the Obama regime?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If I didn't know any better I'd assume Biden was a moderate who isn't all that popular with democrats, or something.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's crazy talk.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
But P01135809 said he finished the wall!  Ninja

I don't remember anyone saying walls never work...just that only walls won't work.  And Mexico isn't paying for it...lol.

Looks like they identified a high entry point problem and are localizing the response there.  

I'll have to look and see where P01135809 built his small section of wall and if it was in an area that would help or if it was in an area that was easy to see and take credit for.

And I haven't read into any of the environmental concerns yet.

I'm glad the admin isn't just throwing money at it and is targeting where it can be the most help.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 09:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: But P01135809 said he finished the wall!  Ninja

I don't remember anyone saying walls never work...just that only walls won't work.  And Mexico isn't paying for it...lol.

Looks like they identified a high entry point problem and are localizing the response there.  

I'll have to look and see where P01135809 built his small section of wall and if it was in an area that would help or if it was in an area that was easy to see and take credit for.

And I haven't read into any of the environmental concerns yet.

I'm glad the admin isn't just throwing money at it and is targeting where it can be the most help.

Bolded above another one of your false statements.

In January of 2021 Biden stopped the building of the wall that was approved (funded). He said he would never allow one foot on new border wall. Now after 8 million, yes 8 million illegal encounters and his border head Kamala Harris he changes course. Sadly, that is step one. Trump had a huge legislative way to push migrants back into Mexico (Title 42) that Biden let expire.

So in essence he allowed Texas, New Mexico, California and Arizona to be over run with illegal border crosses, so much so these states had to release them into the country causing major issues in all states, but more so in Sanctuary States and Cities. 

Now that the chaos has been created in NYC and other liberal cities due to poor immigration policies for 34 months, he now says to start building the wall again which will not happen overnight. If he does not use Title 42 to stop the flow at the border and round up those in te country waiting asylum trials, the issue will continue to be a noose around the liberals neck for the 2024 election.

Kamala Harris made the issue worse and managed it from D.C. 8 million illegal immigrants taking benefits away from natural born citizens is a travesty and Biden and his administration should pay the price along with Sanctuary states and city politicians in 2024.

His mouth piece said over and over again the border policies were working, using the podium to tell citizens believe my words and ignore your eyes. Well Musk and others exposed an covered what Fox news has been covering since Trump took office. The rest of the biased liberal media should be admonished for poor reporting, sadly many liberals believe every word spewed by NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, WAPO, NY Times and every liberal outlet that continues to refuse to cover the news in an unbiased way.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 11:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bolded above another one of your false statements.

In January of 2021 Biden stopped the building of the wall that was approved (funded). He said he would never allow one foot on new border wall. Now after 8 million, yes 8 million illegal encounters and his border head Kamala Harris he changes course. Sadly, that is step one. Trump had a huge legislative way to push migrants back into Mexico (Title 42) that Biden let expire.

So in essence he allowed Texas, New Mexico, California and Arizona to be over run with illegal border crosses, so much so these states had to release them into the country causing major issues in all states, but more so in Sanctuary States and Cities. 

Now that the chaos has been created in NYC and other liberal cities due to poor immigration policies for 34 months, he now says to start building the wall again which will not happen overnight. If he does not use Title 42 to stop the flow at the border and round up those in te country waiting asylum trials, the issue will continue to be a noose around the liberals neck for the 2024 election.

Kamala Harris made the issue worse and managed it from D.C. 8 million illegal immigrants taking benefits away from natural born citizens is a travesty and Biden and his administration should pay the price along with Sanctuary states and city politicians in 2024.

His mouth piece said over and over again the border policies were working, using the podium to tell citizens believe my words and ignore your eyes. Well Musk and others exposed an covered what Fox news has been covering since Trump took office. The rest of the biased liberal media should be admonished for poor reporting, sadly many liberals believe every word spewed by NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, WAPO, NY Times and every liberal outlet that continues to refuse to cover the news in an unbiased way.

Quote:Remarks by President Trump at the 45th Mile of New Border Wall

But unlike those who came before me, I kept my promises.  And today we celebrate an extraordinary milestone: the completion of the promised 450 miles of border wall.  Four hundred and fifty miles.  Nobody realizes how big that is. 

Not sure how saying Trump claims the wall was finished is false. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 11:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bolded above another one of your false statements.

Mellow

https://sports.yahoo.com/trump-finished-wall-claims-many-120003555.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALzFEiF5PUX152U55mjjEcaAp0s7i3hbyDSBrqJw0MRqZNAYC0QsnEsYRAmO65VscGPJufORNZrGcOG6EVRUXWDvODV-m1nvown2rFwF3r3AWOxxFCiSNq2IUfDf8AZlmXo9H3Uk4YwZu-WnZgNXYw8-YuwW6prG2w9Z4Ucj3yRj

Quote:Based on recent statements, however, he appears to have settled on the brazen lie that he followed through on his most famous pledge of the 2016 campaign. At a “town hall” sponsored for him by CNN earlier this month, Trump repeatedly claimed that he completed his project.

“I did finish the wall. I built a wall,” Trump said. “And then I said, we have to build some more because there are areas like water going through a dam. There are some areas where a lot of people are coming. You close up one and they come into another. And we started another 100 miles of wall.”

It was unclear how, if he had “finished” a border wall, migrants would nevertheless be coming in “like water going through a dam.”

(10-05-2023, 11:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In January of 2021 Biden stopped the building of the wall that was approved (funded). He said he would never allow one foot on new border wall. Now after 8 million, yes 8 million illegal encounters and his border head Kamala Harris he changes course. Sadly, that is step one. Trump had a huge legislative way to push migrants back into Mexico (Title 42) that Biden let expire.

Mellow

Quote:In any event, his claim that he had kept his 2016 campaign promise is untrue on multiple levels.

From the time he announced his run at his Trump Tower building in Manhattan in June 2015, Trump’s favorite promise for his followers was that he would not only build a wall, but force Mexico to pay for it.

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively,” Trump said in in his announcement speech. “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Trump on several occasions went into great detail on the construction standards, describing how it would be at least 30 feet tall and extend deep underground to prevent people from tunneling beneath it.

“It’s going to be made of hardened concrete, and it’s going to be made out of rebar. That’s steel,” Trump said at a December 2015 visit to Manassas, Virginia, in response to a question from a young boy in the audience. “And we’re going to set it in nice, heavy foundations.”

Of equal importance in the promise was to force Mexico to pay, both as a way to humiliate the nation’s neighbor to the south as well as a pledge to voters not to use American taxpayer dollars on the project.

But both elements of the promise began to crumble soon after he took office. Within weeks, Trump spoke to then-Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and told him he had no intention of forcing Mexico to pay for a border wall, but that he needed Peña not to mention that publicly so Trump would not anger his supporters. “You cannot say that to the press,” he said, according to a transcript of the call obtained by The Washington Post. “If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that.”

And even though both the House and Senate were controlled by Republicans during his first two years, Trump made virtually no effort in that time to press for border wall funding. Instead, the Department of Homeland Security stayed with a program started under Republican President George W. Bush and continued under Democrat Barack Obama to replace deteriorating sections of old fencing with new, 18- to 30-foot steel bollards.

Indeed, Trump did not get serious about winning congressional funding for his wall until after Democrats won back the House in 2018 after picking up dozens of seats, thanks to Trump’s unpopularity. Trump forced a partial government shutdown in an attempt to win wall funding, but eventually gave up and decided to raid the military’s construction budget, diverting billions of dollars intended for housing, schools and daycare for service members and their families to his border wall instead.

By the end of his four years in office, Trump delivered all of 52 miles of new fence where no barrier had previously existed — a far cry from his original promise of a “big beautiful wall” along the entirely of the 1,954-mile southern border. An additional 400 miles of older, existing barrier was replaced with the new, taller steel bollard fencing — just as old barrier had been replaced over the previous two presidencies.

“Not only couldn’t he get Mexico to pay for it, he couldn’t get a Republican Congress to pay for it,” said Rick Tyler, a former top aide in Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s 2016 bid for the GOP nomination.

The guy who campaigned on building a wall did nothing to get a wall built and claimed he built a wall anyway.  So when the next guy targets areas that need a wall after actually looking instead of just making blanket statements, you're...mad?  I can't tell.

Either way strategic walls haves been part of the plan since before P01135809 and are still.

Not that you will care about any facts.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
What's the big deal about the wall anyways? Four states border Mexico and three of them are blue states and last I checked we either don't care and/or will spend tax payer money to personally ship illegals to blue areas of the country. Can't Greg Abbot just get a wall built along the Texas border and call it a day?

For all you conservative folks out there, why do you want to pay to build a wall to protect states like CA, AZ, and NM who voted for Biden?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What's the big deal about the wall anyways?  Four states border Mexico and three of them are blue states and last I checked we either don't care and/or will spend tax payer money to personally ship illegals to blue areas of the country.  Can't Greg Abbot just get a wall built along the Texas border and call it a day?

For all you conservative folks out there, why do you want to pay to build a wall to protect states like CA, AZ, and NM who voted for Biden?
It's just the current state of our politics. Even when he does something that they like or want, they still complain.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
One sorry ass bunch of individuals.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 02:41 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: One sorry ass bunch of individuals.

You're going to have to be more specific here.
Reply/Quote
Take a guess.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 02:46 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Take a guess.

[Image: kramer+moviefone.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What's the big deal about the wall anyways?  Four states border Mexico and three of them are blue states and last I checked we either don't care and/or will spend tax payer money to personally ship illegals to blue areas of the country.  Can't Greg Abbot just get a wall built along the Texas border and call it a day?

I would gladly pay increased tax dollars to fund this in Texas (if i still lived there)   Cool
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

https://sports.yahoo.com/trump-finished-wall-claims-many-120003555.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALzFEiF5PUX152U55mjjEcaAp0s7i3hbyDSBrqJw0MRqZNAYC0QsnEsYRAmO65VscGPJufORNZrGcOG6EVRUXWDvODV-m1nvown2rFwF3r3AWOxxFCiSNq2IUfDf8AZlmXo9H3Uk4YwZu-WnZgNXYw8-YuwW6prG2w9Z4Ucj3yRj

Mellow

The guy who campaigned on building a wall did nothing to get a wall built and claimed he built a wall anyway.  So when the next guy targets areas that need a wall after actually looking instead of just making blanket statements, you're...mad?  I can't tell.

Either way strategic walls haves been part of the plan since before P01135809 and are still.

Not that you will care about any facts.

I also love the "Biden let Title 42 expire" thing. Title 42 was only allowable while the pandemic was a national emergency. It was, quite frankly, an overreach of executive power and continuing it any further would have been an extreme overreach. I though Republicans were against that sort of thing?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 05:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I also love the "Biden let Title 42 expire" thing. Title 42 was only allowable while the pandemic was a national emergency. It was, quite frankly, an overreach of executive power and continuing it any further would have been an extreme overreach. I though Republicans were against that sort of thing?

You are so short sighted and not real bright if you think it is a good thing to allow millions of ILLEGAL immigrants into the US, many terrorists, most unvetted, most without vaccinations of any kind. But, hey in your world JB did not undo the Trump border policies on 1st month in office, same policies that stoppd illegal immigration. Also Democrats controlled the house and the senate, why not make Title 42 law to avoid us being overrun by ILLEGALS.

Listening to the press secretary today was one more day of lie after lie. Does she think people are stupid attempting to blame Congress for the border issues. If Biden and Democrats had any desire to stop illegal immigrants, they could have made laws to prevent it in 2021 and 2022. They could have continued to build the wall, the materials were sitting there already bought and paid for by us the citizens.

She is a joke, a disgrace to the black community agreeing to go out there day after day and flat out lie.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are so short sighted and not real bright if you think it is a good thing to allow millions of ILLEGAL immigrants into the US, many terrorists, most unvetted, most without vaccinations of any kind. But, hey in your world JB did not undo the Trump border policies on 1st month in office, same policies that stoppd illegal immigration. Also Democrats controlled the house and the senate, why not make Title 42 law to avoid us being overrun by ILLEGALS.

Listening to the press secretary today was one more day of lie after lie. Does she think people are stupid attempting to blame Congress for the border issues. If Biden and Democrats had any desire to stop illegal immigrants, they could have made laws to prevent it in 2021 and 2022. They could have continued to build the wall, the materials were sitting there already bought and paid for by us the citizens.

She is a joke, a disgrace to the black community agreeing to go out there day after day and flat out lie.

Title 42 was enacted in 2020. Why was that necessary? Why didn’t the Republican trifecta in 2016-2017 fix immigration when they had all the power?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Title 42 was enacted in 2020. Why was that necessary? Why didn’t the Republican trifecta in 2016-2017 fix immigration when they had all the power?

The most amusing part was Trump pardoning Steve Bannon for stealing money from people who wanted a border wall.  So we went from "We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it" to "We won't build a wall and people who support building a wall will pay for it!"

Was it WC Fields who said to never give a sucker a fair shake?  Oof.
Reply/Quote