Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden had a rough speech to sparse crowd in Tampa
Joe could not memorize a 5-minute speech. Then said Trump was right we can't be trusted.

Then he lied one more time about driving an 18-wheeler.  He has repeated this false story many. times.

https://www.aol.com/news/fact-check-biden-repeats-false-151315800.html?&ad=dirN&debug=0&prod=HP&cmpgn=rapha&locale=en_US&annot=false&sameTabLaunch=false&o=APN12425&installSource=other&browser=Edge&darkMode=false&ueid=9bd210c8-9927-41f4-bbff-df73f3de7c93&doi=2024-01-30

Fact check: Biden repeats his false claim that he ‘used to drive an 18-wheeler’
CNN
DANIEL DALE, CNN

April 24, 2024 at 11:13 AM

Joe Raedle/Getty Images
President Joe Biden has revived a debunked tale about his past – his fictional claim that he used to drive an 18-wheeler truck.

Biden has repeatedly embellished or invented biographical tidbits. In 2021, he claimed during a tour of a Mack Trucks facility: “I used to drive an 18-wheeler, man,” then added, “I got to.” At a separate 2021 event, he told college students studying truck technology, “I used to drive a tractor-trailer,” adding, “I only did it for part of a summer, but I got my license anyway.”

Biden’s claims were fact-checked at the time as false. But on Tuesday, during a campaign event in Florida, Biden said it again.

A supporter told him, “The only reason I have a pension is because of you.” (The supporter appeared to be referring to the Biden administration’s $36 billion in aid to prevent steep pension cuts for more than 350,000 union workers and retirees, including truck drivers.) Biden responded: “Well, we did get that done. Anyway. Besides, I used to drive an 18-wheeler.”

Facts First: Biden’s claim remains untrue. There is no evidence he ever drove an 18-wheeler.

When CNN inquired about the claim in 2021, the White House noted that Biden once had a part-time job driving a school bus (which is not an 18-wheeler or a tractor-trailer) and that, as a US senator in 1973, he spent a night riding in a cargo truck (not driving it).

Biden’s Tuesday rendition of the “18-wheeler” claim came the week after he made some other inaccurate personal claims during a campaign swing in Pennsylvania.

He said last week that he has “never” earned $400,000 in a year, though he has done so every year of his presidency and made millions in each of 2017 and 2018. He also offered a dramatic account of the death of his uncle in a World War II plane crash – saying the plane was shot down and suggesting his uncle’s body was consumed by cannibals – that is at odds with the Defense Department’s account of the 1944 incident.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
His uncle was also eaten by cannibals. I honestly don't understand how someone can listen to this guy and not recognize that he's senile.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: His uncle was also eaten by cannibals.  I honestly don't understand how someone can listen to this guy and not recognize that he's senile.

I don't understand how people can look at Biden V Trump 2.0 and not throw themselves at the feet of the 3rd party voters they ridiculed for years and beg for their forgiveness.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 01:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Joe could not memorize a 5-minute speech. Then said Trump was right we can't be trusted.

Then he lied one more time about driving an 18-wheeler.  He has repeated this false story many. times.

https://www.aol.com/news/fact-check-biden-repeats-false-151315800.html?&ad=dirN&debug=0&prod=HP&cmpgn=rapha&locale=en_US&annot=false&sameTabLaunch=false&o=APN12425&installSource=other&browser=Edge&darkMode=false&ueid=9bd210c8-9927-41f4-bbff-df73f3de7c93&doi=2024-01-30

Fact check: Biden repeats his false claim that he ‘used to drive an 18-wheeler’
CNN
DANIEL DALE, CNN

April 24, 2024 at 11:13 AM

Joe Raedle/Getty Images
President Joe Biden has revived a debunked tale about his past – his fictional claim that he used to drive an 18-wheeler truck.

Biden has repeatedly embellished or invented biographical tidbits. In 2021, he claimed during a tour of a Mack Trucks facility: “I used to drive an 18-wheeler, man,” then added, “I got to.” At a separate 2021 event, he told college students studying truck technology, “I used to drive a tractor-trailer,” adding, “I only did it for part of a summer, but I got my license anyway.”

Biden’s claims were fact-checked at the time as false. But on Tuesday, during a campaign event in Florida, Biden said it again.

A supporter told him, “The only reason I have a pension is because of you.” (The supporter appeared to be referring to the Biden administration’s $36 billion in aid to prevent steep pension cuts for more than 350,000 union workers and retirees, including truck drivers.) Biden responded: “Well, we did get that done. Anyway. Besides, I used to drive an 18-wheeler.”

Facts First: Biden’s claim remains untrue. There is no evidence he ever drove an 18-wheeler.

When CNN inquired about the claim in 2021, the White House noted that Biden once had a part-time job driving a school bus (which is not an 18-wheeler or a tractor-trailer) and that, as a US senator in 1973, he spent a night riding in a cargo truck (not driving it).

Biden’s Tuesday rendition of the “18-wheeler” claim came the week after he made some other inaccurate personal claims during a campaign swing in Pennsylvania.

He said last week that he has “never” earned $400,000 in a year, though he has done so every year of his presidency and made millions in each of 2017 and 2018. He also offered a dramatic account of the death of his uncle in a World War II plane crash – saying the plane was shot down and suggesting his uncle’s body was consumed by cannibals – that is at odds with the Defense Department’s account of the 1944 incident.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

I'm curious... do you trust CNN to fact check Trump? Or only when they fact check Biden? Hmmmmm....
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't understand how people can look at Biden V Trump 2.0 and not throw themselves at the feet of the 3rd party voters they ridiculed for years and beg for their forgiveness.

Would that there was a viable third option.  

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't understand how people can look at Biden V Trump 2.0 and not throw themselves at the feet of the 3rd party voters they ridiculed for years and beg for their forgiveness.

How did Trump do with the following issues as POTUS?

1. Securing the border
2. Inflation
3. Did wage growth outpace inflation?
4. Foreign policy (wars started by him or other countries)
5. Employment and wage growth for Blacks, Hispanics and women
6. Supreme Court Justices named.
7. Roe Vs. Wade ended, abortion back to the state level.
8. Economy - Price increases during his Presidency

Look at the facts, remover personal emotion and you will have your answer. Answer the questions honestly for Biden.

Huge disparity in job performance.

That is why Trump will win in November, voters vote with their checkbooks and under Trump they were better off financially than under Biden. The now Trump voters don't belong to a cult, they are hardworking people who want to provide shelter, food and a great life for their families. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Would that there was a viable third option.  

Gary Johnson and Bill Weld were two successful republican governors who were tossed aside in favor of the GOP turning into a cult for Donald Trump.  Nothing matters outside of the D or R next to the name and that is why were are in a situation where 150 million votes are going to be cast for either a senile man or a man with the baggage and rap sheet that would have his supporters gleefully running to turn on the electric chair if anyone else had it.

That is what intrigues.  We can sit here and trash Biden and Trump, but we both know that they are the only "viable" options, because viability is the D or R next to your name.  No magical force prevented people from electing Johnson/Weld in 2016, but they were a non-viable 3rd party, so they were out of luck.

And even conservatives with a brain know Trump isn't the best man for the job, but they're stuck.  They'd love a DeSantis/Haley ticket, but they aren't going to get it because much like in 2016 what you do for the GOP matters less than if you are Donald Trump.  

So that's about it.  You get Biden or you get Trump, try not to think too much about who else you'd rather be allowed to vote for, you'll just drive yourself crazy.

(04-24-2024, 02:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is why Trump will win in November, voters vote with their checkbooks and under Trump they were better off financially than under Biden. The now Trump voters don't belong to a cult, they are hardworking people who want to provide shelter, food and a great life for their families. 

DeSantis and Hailey would win 2 terms and give you even more of what you wanted, while Trump is a coin flip to even beat Biden.  This is why it's a Trump cult, conservatives have a yellow brick road right in front of them, but they'd rather crawl through glass to please Trump.  Explain to me the thinking man's reasoning behind the GOP going with Trump and ????? over DeSantis and Hailey. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:23 PM)jmccracky Wrote: I'm curious... do you trust CNN to fact check Trump? Or only when they fact check Biden? Hmmmmm....

So you do not dispute the fact your guy is old, senile and a serial liar....Hmmmmm...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you do not dispute the fact your guy is old, senile and a serial liar....Hmmmmm...

the perfect puppet/muppet
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you do not dispute the fact your guy is old, senile and a serial liar....Hmmmmm...

Irony is dead.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Irony is dead.

I'd just like to point out that according to American voters our options for president are:

1. old senile criminal who will destroy this country we hold dear if he wins
2. old senile criminal who will destroy this country we hold dear if he wins
3. person who has no shot of winning
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd just like to point out that according to American voters our options for president are:

1. old senile criminal who will destroy this country we hold dear if he wins
2. old senile criminal who will destroy this country we hold dear if he wins
3. person who has no shot of winning

This is the "Shining City on a Hill" Regan promised us!

Oh wait...Reagan was an old senile criminal.

Never mind.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 03:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is the "Shining City on a Hill" Regan promised us!

Oh wait...Reagan was an old senile criminal.

Never mind.

Are you saying that while a lot has been made about age and mental acuity in the 2024 election, Biden will not stoop so low as to attack his opponent's youth and inexperience?
Reply/Quote

Nope. Not at all. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and held my nose for Biden. If he lies, I'm totally OK with you pointing it out. I'm just curious why you would ever use CNN for fact checking. Then you must think highly of their "journal investigations". Lol

I'm one of those that can't believe we are going to have Trump and Biden again as our choices. But what does that have to do with my question to you? If you are into checking facts, then all I'm asking is be consistent. If you were fair, Id see some CNN fact checking threads of Trump. Where are they? Maybe I gotta look harder? Apologies if I'm just missing them. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the perfect puppet/muppet

For what? I don't dispute for one second that Biden has lied and CNN has proved it with the article that the OP provided. But why use CNN? The devil media? Only believe what you want is what it looks like. Am I missing something? I can be more clear if needed. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Irony is dead.

Lol. Right! It's confusing.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:00 PM)jmccracky Wrote: For what? I don't dispute for one second that Biden has lied and CNN has proved it with the article that the OP provided. But why use CNN? The devil media? Only believe what you want is what it looks like. Am I missing something? I can be more clear if needed. 

Probably for the same reason a Fox News story calling out Trump would be impactful.  If you feel an organization has bias in favor of Biden, yet they still publish an article critical of him, does that not carry more weight and impact than Fox News publishing an article critical of Biden?

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:00 PM)jmccracky Wrote: For what? I don't dispute for one second that Biden has lied and CNN has proved it with the article that the OP provided. But why use CNN? The devil media? Only believe what you want is what it looks like. Am I missing something? I can be more clear if needed. 

It was the first article that came up when I looked it up on the internet. 

Again, it is you who has an issue with a conservative fact checker, but it appears you just hate the fact.

Be my guest hold your nose and vote for him again, he has such great results as our POTUS. I love the interviews reporters do on the street. They ask name one thing Biden had done for you as POTUS. Interview after interview the answer is nothing. These interviews are not done in rural America, they are in NYC, Chicago, SF and other liberal hotbeds. 

Here is another one for you. It is from Fox. Biden's mind is toast. He is an embarrassment to the USA. 

Biden appears to read script instructions out loud in latest teleprompter gaffe: 'Four more years, pause' | Fox News

Biden appears to read script instructions out loud in latest teleprompter gaffe: 'Four more years, pause'

Biden laughs off apparent mix-up, as audience begins chanting 'four more years'

Reply/Quote
Add this to week of Biden's poor performance on campaign trail.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-makes-sign-of-the-cross-during-pro-abortion-speech-in-florida

Biden makes sign of the cross during pro-abortion speech in Florida
Biden's action is a 'despicable charade that attempts to co-opt a sacred practice in support of his new abortion religion,' CatholicVote president says

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Probably for the same reason a Fox News story calling out Trump would be impactful.  If you feel an organization has bias in favor of Biden, yet they still publish an article critical of him, does that not carry more weight and impact than Fox News publishing an article critical of Biden?

except Biden gets called out by CNN on a regular basis.  

Luvnit calls CNN "fake news" but when they support his position all of a sudden they are credible

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote