Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden hails infrastructure win as ‘monumental step forward’
As tot he OP, I mean, I'm glad it happened. I think this was more of a stumble forward rather than a giant leap, but whatever. I will say that the Democrats really muffed this one. They did it after this election, but too soon after. This will be way back in the rearview mirror to be used in the midterms to point out the terribleness of the GOP in not voting for it.

Yay politics making me think this way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As tot he OP, I mean, I'm glad it happened. I think this was more of a stumble forward rather than a giant leap, but whatever. I will say that the Democrats really muffed this one. They did it after this election, but too soon after. This will be way back in the rearview mirror to be used in the midterms to point out the terribleness of the GOP in not voting for it.

Biden could have teased that it would get passed 2 weeks after the midterm election IF he approved of the results and then once that happened he could go on to tease that it'll get passed right after he gets re-elected in 2024.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As tot he OP, I mean, I'm glad it happened. I think this was more of a stumble forward rather than a giant leap, but whatever. I will say that the Democrats really muffed this one. They did it after this election, but too soon after. This will be way back in the rearview mirror to be used in the midterms to point out the terribleness of the GOP in not voting for it.

It’s better than the loud mouth Republican morons in the house who want to punish members of their own party for actually trying to make America great again by investing in our crumbling infrastructure.
Reply/Quote