Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden incorrectly calls Trump the first racist POTUS
(07-23-2020, 03:27 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I've never claimed that it is.

Well then, you don't fall into the same category as Biden and others.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure how that's "whataboutisim". I simply pointed to the irony that calling a virus from China the China Virus is considered racist because.....but giving it a Latin Name is not because......

Where were all the woke people during the Spanish Flu?

Mellow

Seriously?

Again?

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then, you don't fall into the same category as Biden and others.

Ok?, I guess. It's a bit irrelevant considering I'm not claiming to be  in a category with them nor implied it.

But from an independent point of view, calling it the China virus seems like a political ploy and nothing more. When a good bit of time after the name coronavirus was in use, coining it the "China" virus seems like nothing but an intentional attempt at deflection. But then again, this is just picking nits. My point was that the origin of the word coronavirus has no intent of implying anything Spain or spanish related.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:38 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Ok?, I guess. It's a bit irrelevant considering I'm not claiming to be  in a category with them nor implied it.

But from an independent point of view, calling it the China virus seems like a political ploy and nothing more. When a good bit of time after the name coronavirus was in use, coining it the "China" virus seems like nothing but an intentional attempt at deflection. But then again, this is just picking nits. My point was that the origin of the word coronavirus has no intent of implying anything Spain or spanish related.

Yeah, folks reach to meet their agenda. I think Trump calls it the China Flu because he wants folks to know it came from China and they did very little to contain it. They allowed it to sp[read so thier's wouldn't be the only economy to suffer (Conspiracy Theory).

But there are folks, to include the DEM nominee, that must make it appear he calls it the Chinese flu because....IDK, he doesn't like Asians?

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure how that's "whataboutisim". I simply pointed to the irony that calling a virus from China the China Virus is considered racist because.....but giving it a Latin Name is not because......

Well, there is no irony and it's whataboutism because there is whataboutism within the statement you made. It has a Latin name because that is how taxonomic classification works. It is used specifically because it is a dead language with no native extant speakers meaning the language isn't evolving any longer.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, folks reach to meet their agenda. I think Trump calls it the China Flu because he wants folks to know it came from China and they did very little to contain it. They allowed it to sp[read so thier's wouldn't be the only economy to suffer (Conspiracy Theory).

But there are folks, to include the DEM nominee, that must make it appear he calls it the Chinese flu because....IDK, he doesn't like Asians?

Agreed, Biden is not immune to political games. However, Trump seems to be intentionally faulting China to the point that he wants to absolve himself. The conspiracy theory is a bit ironic considering China has seemed to recover well from the virus (probably due to the draconian measures undertaken to mandate lockdowns and such). Or precisely because they have implemented a master plan (I don't want to give too much credence to conspiracies, so I'll stop right here). I personally don't see the racism angle, but i think some of this has come about maybe in order to protect the Asian Americans and Asian Britons from some of the harassment and attacks from the citizenry of their countries because these have happened. It's one thing to ask people to refrain from using the term "China" virus owing to how Asian origin people are being impacted, but to call it racist seems rooted in no legitimate basis to me. However, Trump being Trump, I cannot definitively say that it is implausible. But, to make that public claim without any reasonable argument just isn't acceptable.

To complete the loop on my first sentence in the previous paragraph, I do believe that Trump's handling of the disease and policies to mitigate it are at best severely lacking and at worst gross negligence, but I know you don't share that same view. It's this aspect that I believe he is attempting to deflect by laying the blame solely on China (or implying it by the usage of the name). I believe Trump lacks enough integrity that as I was saying in another thread he would have tried to claim credit if the virus was somehow beneficial instead of deadly. That analogy is obviously not possible scientifically AFAIK, but that's my assessment of how he would react hypothetically speaking.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, folks reach to meet their agenda. I think Trump calls it the China Flu because he wants folks to know it came from China and they did very little to contain it. They allowed it to sp[read so thier's wouldn't be the only economy to suffer (Conspiracy Theory).

I'll admit people have an agenda, but it's not like people are accusing Mr. Rogers of being a racist here.  The only reason Trump does anything is to make Trump look good or to make Trump money.  Looking for logic beyond that seems like a fool's errand to me.

EDIT - to elaborate, I think this is where we get into semantics. Is Trump racist? Ehh, it depends. The guy does and says stuff in order to pander to and whip up support from racists, so in my mind that makes him at least willing to exploit racism for his own gain rather than some sort of deep-seeded disdain for other races/cultures. Well, that and Trump's proven inability to get along with most people of his own culture and race, as well.

So Trump panders to racists and Biden panders to people who want to hear that Trump is a racist. What either man actually believes is irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, there is no irony and it's whataboutism because there is whataboutism within the statement you made. It has a Latin name because that is how taxonomic classification works. It is used specifically because it is a dead language with no native extant speakers meaning the language isn't evolving any longer.

So Corona is not Spanish for crown?

If you answer yes than you understand the issue.

Calling a virus that originated in China racist in no more racist than naming it after a crown. One's a country, one's a shape. But folks have an agenda to meet and that agenda is to make Trump look as bad as possible. Let's try to call him racist based off the racist shit he does.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit people have an agenda, but it's not like people are accusing Mr. Rogers of being a racist here.  The only reason Trump does anything is to make Trump look good or to make Trump money.  Looking for logic beyond that seems like a fool's errand to me.

EDIT - to elaborate, I think this is where we get into semantics.  Is Trump racist?  Ehh, it depends.  The guy does and says stuff in order to pander to and whip up support from racists, so in my mind that makes him at least willing to exploit racism for his own gain rather than some sort of deep-seeded disdain for other races/cultures.  Well, that and Trump's proven inability to get along with most people of his own culture and race, as well.

So Trump panders to racists and Biden panders to people who want to hear that Trump is a racist.  What either man actually believes is irrelevant.

An there in-lies the issue; one's perspective.

There's a population in this forum that think I'm racist IDK...because I consider black folks capable of independent thought and often hold them accountable for their actions?

So anything I say or do is racist in their eyes.

Earlier this week I posted an image of folks looting a store and remarked on how happy the girl in the center of the frame was. This was in response to my views on why folks are looting. Coincidentally, the girl was black, so bfine was racist.

Just yesterday I posted a story about the 3%ers responding to the fact that the NFAC is coming to Louisville and I prayed for peace as these two groups of armed civilians meet. The NFAC is primarily Black, so bfine was racist.

We'd be a lot better off as a society if we just got outside of our emotions and called racist shit racist; then it wouldn't get lost in all the White Noise.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: An there in-lies the issue; one's perspective.

There's a population in this forum that think I'm racist IDK...because I often hold black folks intelligent individuals capable if independent thought and  accountable for their actions?

So anything I say or do is racist in their eyes.

Earlier this week I posted an image of folks looting a store and remarked on how happy the girl in the center of the frame was. This was in response to my views on why folks are looting. Coincidentally, the girl was black, so bfine was racist.

Just yesterday I posted a story about the 3%ers responding to the fact that the NFAC is coming to Louisville and I prayed for peace as these two groups of armed civilians meet. The NFAC is primarily Black, so bfine was racist.

We'd be a lot better off as a society if we called racist shit racist; then it wouldn't get lost in all the White Noise.

This is the fallout from having someone like Trump as our leader, though.  There is power in having a common enemy and Trump and his mantra of being anti-PC seems to have united and inspired people to amp up the anti-racism or pro-PC rhetoric to some high levels.  Trump seems to have made being anti-PC so uncool and annoying that people are moving "to the other side" with vigor.

But I'll admit this argument opened my eyes to the notion (in my mind) that Trump isn't racist because he judges a person's value upon what that person can do for him or says about him.  People who agree with him and prop him up are the best and most intelligent people and people who disagree with him are nasty idiots who may or may not be bleeding from their wherevers.  The guy will say Kung or Chinese flu but he will also salute the ultra-powerful leaders of shithole countries as long as they share in his love for all things Trump.

But Trump is using the racism of others to further his agenda, so that seems even worse than someone who is just flat-out ignorant.

I don't think you are racist, but I can see why people are going after you for doing anything that resembles defending Trump.  The guy is the fruit of the poison tree and that seems to be his appeal.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So Corona is not Spanish for crown?

If you answer yes than you understand the issue.

I don't understand the issue, because corona being Spanish for crown is irrelevant.

(07-23-2020, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Calling a virus that originated in China racist in no more racist than naming it after a crown. One's a country, one's a shape. But folks have an agenda to meet and that agenda is to make Trump look as bad as possible. Let's try to call him racist based off the racist shit he does.

You are trying to draw a false equivalency between the taxonomic name of something, which you erroneously tried to tie to Spanish for some reason, and calling it something else to push an agenda against another country. Your argument is fallacious.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't understand the issue, because corona being Spanish for crown is irrelevant.

You are trying to draw a false equivalency between the taxonomic name of something, which you erroneously tried to tie to Spanish for some reason, and calling it something else to push an agenda against another country. Your argument is fallacious.
Of course it's irrelevant. It does not matter about taxonomics if I look for ways to tie it to race. You do realize that's what folks are doing with Trump calling this the China Virus don't you? It's the motivation for the thread. So calling it Corona is not more racist than calling it China.

But I do see you have agreed that calling it the China Virus is not motivated in racism. So we'll take what we can get.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not racist= Naming it after the Spanish word for crown.

You realize that based on your logic that would be "crownist"

"China" is English for "中国".
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I do see you have agreed that calling it the China Virus is not motivated in racism. 

I am confused.

Can you use the quote function to show where Bels said that?

Maybe it was in a different post. But I did not see it in the one you quoted.
Reply/Quote
Bfine is getting ganged up on a bit and I think he's lost his original track. Trump certainly calls it the China virus to distract from his handling of the virus here. However, calling it the China virus is not in any way racist as the virus originated in China and the CCP's handling of it allowed it to spread much quicker and easily than if they had been transparent from the beginning. Calling Trump's use of the term China virus racist is just silly.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a population in this forum that think I'm racist IDK...because I consider black folks capable of independent thought and often hold them accountable for their actions?

Well, at least you admit that you don't know.  Maybe I can help you understand.  

As far as I know, no one else on the entire planet calls it the "China Flu" except Trump supporters.  And Trump has a LONG history of racists positions.(Mexican immigrants are filthy, diseased, criminals....A judge won't be fair if he is Mexican...Defends the legacy of the Confederacy....Welcomes Confederate flags at his rallies....accused the Muslim population of dancing in the streets after 9-11...told US citizens of color to go back to "their countries"(this one gave white nationalists a huge hard on)....found in violation of the Fair Housing Act for discriminating against minority renters...lied about his association with KKK Grand Wizard David Duke...tweets lies about percentage of white people killed by blacks...proposed Muslim immigration ban while running for President...claimed the white supremacists at the Unite The Right rally in Charlottesville were "quietly" supporting the Robert E Lee statue and that the counter protestors acted "very very violently"...repeatedly denigrated Puerto Ricans after two hurricanes...retweets radical anti-Muslim comments from Jayda Fransen...post video of Trump supporter yelling "White Power"...supported Rosanne Barr after she called Valerie Jarret and ape. etc, etc,

Since you spend so much time defending him and posting anti-BLM propaganda you are naturally going to be associated with his racist tendencies.

Do you have a link to anyone calling you a racist for thinking that black people are capable of independent thought?  That is a pretty wild claim to make.  Not saying it isn't true.  I'd just like to see where you got that idea in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bfine is getting ganged up on a bit and I think he's lost his original track. Trump certainly calls it the China virus to distract from his handling of the virus here. However, calling it the China virus is not in any way racist as the virus originated in China and the CCP's handling of it allowed it to spread much quicker and easily than if they had been transparent from the beginning. Calling Trump's use of the term China virus racist is just silly.

1) Medical professionals don’t refer to this as the China virus or the China flu.

2) Trump’s use of either term is two fold: 1) avoid blame/responsibility and 2) incite xenophobia against China. Combine Trump’s history with the intentional omission of the correct medical terms with the intentional beating of the xenophobic drums and I would say it is fair to consider it racist.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't understand the issue, because corona being Spanish for crown is irrelevant.

(07-23-2020, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am confused.

Can you use the quote function to show where Bels said that?

Maybe it was in a different post. But I did not see it in the one you quoted.

There you go

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it's irrelevant. It does not matter about taxonomics if I look for ways to tie it to race. You do realize that's what folks are doing with Trump calling this the China Virus don't you? It's the motivation for the thread. So calling it Corona is not more racist than calling it China.

But I do see you have agreed that calling it the China Virus is not motivated in racism. So we'll take what we can get.

Well, I never claimed calling it the China virus was racist, just pointing out your fallacious argument. For the record, though, I also am not saying it isn't racist. By me saying it is being called that for an agenda that leaves it wide open for what that agenda could be. That agenda could be a racist one. It could be purely political. It could be a combination thereof. I am just saying that it is being done for an agenda.

Reply/Quote