Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden incorrectly calls Trump the first racist POTUS
(07-23-2020, 10:49 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7isyt5qldw

At the 0:26 mark, you should see it. This is but one video. I've not looked for others.

I'll simply say considering how some non-critical thinking citizens of certain western nations (Britian, U.S, not sure exactly, but I've read some articles where I believe both nations are mentioned) have acted towards people of Asian origin, a term like "Kung flu" is irresponsible at best certainly emanating from a position of government leadership. But Trump couldn't care less on the harm even potentially inflicted if it helps him in any way possible. 

(07-23-2020, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unless I was having some sort of schizophrenic episode, I recall him actually using the term Kung Flu at that Tulsa rally.  I think his main goal was to mock people who take covid seriously and make a stupid joke and pass the blame off on a lesser country rather than bring any sort of racist aspect to it...but I don't think the somewhat racist aspect bothered him much.

So with my belief that Trump says what he says to remove blame from himself, make himself look good, and remind his fanbase that he's the "effective because he's not afraid to piss people off" president the statement was a slam-dunk.  

I stand corrected, gentlemen.  Not that I'm shocked, but the POTUS should not be going for cheap points like saying Kung flu.
Reply/Quote
Kung Flu was alright, but it's got nothing on Nately's Ping Pong Plague. I laughed so hard when I read that post that I started coughing. At which point I was immediately convinced I was Covid 19 positive.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 10:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't agree with the characterization of labeling it the "China virus".  As I said, it's certainbly used to distract from our response, but it is also accurate and keeps the onus for the origin of this whole problem on China 

My apologies if I missed that.

No, you're now ascribing Trump credit that you otherwise wouldn't extend him.  He's either mercurial and scattershot or he's not.  Trump frequently contradicts himself, it doesn't mean that every single one of his contradictory positions is wrong.  Calling Covid 19 the China virus is not inaccurate, racist or inflammatory, it's a fact about the virus' origin.

Kung flu is a clear attempt at gallows humor, IMO.  Certainly by the standards of the present day, in which all humor must past a strict litmus test, it is unacceptable.  But I'll reiterate in this regard, is their video of Trump using this term?  

As I said above, I view Kung flu as gallows humor.  I can see why others would not.  As to the rest, we are in agreement.

If we’re going to blame the point of origin, why not call it the bat flu? Like the bird flu or swine flu? Kind of a hard sell to whip up the base against bats at a political rally, isn’t it? Do you think Jeremy from Florida will cheer if Trump calls it the bat flu? Or the Kung flu?

Who are we blaming for the HIV pandemic nowadays? The Congo, the gays, or simians?

Trump has a long history of racist innuendo over decades. From the Central Park 5 to discriminatory housing practices to birther conspiracy troll king to Charlottesville to Kung flu and various shitholes and rapists in between. If someone such as Colin Powell called it the China virus I wouldn’t think it was racist. Trump certainly doesn’t get that benefit of the doubt when combined with his recent and decades long history.

As to the video of Trump using the term Kung flu, lets just say I’m too lazy, both intellectually and otherwise, to Google it for you.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: FDR could give him a run. There were intern camps for Japanese American citizens after all, but hardly anything of the same magnitude for white German Americans (though some were brought in and questioned). And he refused to allow black soldiers to fight. Eventually ones like the Tuskegee Airmen came around and Patton allowed black troops to command a tank battalion I believe. There were few other examples, but not much. Heck 80 years prior in the Civil War, more black troops fought in combat in the last year of the war than all of WW2 multiplied by a ton.

Scrutiny can bring up a ton of examples. You can even mention how some New Deal programs impacted the black community. Though, FDR did end discrimination in federal hiring and signed an order to desegregate the military (though he died before even trying to enforce it)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:18 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I don't believe that's applicable here. Due to both Spanish and English sharing some root words with Latin. It's probable that the word corona was chosen as a natural entry from Latin to English. Similar to the word coronation, meaning to crown a king. 

The British scientists who first discovered it in their lab in the 60's called it coronavirus because it seemed to have a halo around it (corona in Latin). 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also. please show all the anti- BLM propaganda I have posted; as you are the one that accusation.

I don't know their names, but I call them Mr. Diamond and Mr. Silk.  The put their big spin on how polioce kill whites just like blacks,  but they compleetly ignored the fact that every cop who killed a white guy that they used as an example was immediately charged.

It is not just the killing that fires up BLM.  It is the fact that many times the killers are not charged until public pressure is applied or a video is leaked.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know their names, but I call them Mr. Diamond and Mr. Silk.  The put their big spin on how polioce kill whites just like blacks,  but they compleetly ignored the fact that every cop who killed a white guy that they used as an example was immediately charged.

Source please.

Quote:It is not just the killing that fires up BLM. 

I don't think that's true.

Quote:It is the fact that many times the killers are not charged until public pressure is applied or a video is leaked.

Which is not always appropriate.  See Freddie Grey in Baltimore as an example.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I must admit I know why many here consider me racist. It's because I'm conservative. 

You need to sharpen up your mind reading skills a bit.

This claim is in the same catagory as "People who attack Trump are suffering from a mental disorder."  It does not address any specific facts.  It is just a tool to inflame and divide.  There are many conservatives who have not been accused of being racist (except from a very small minority who call everyone racist). 

But people who spend thousands of posts defending Trump are going to be associated with his racists actions.  Just like non-racists who hang out at Klan rallies.  Trump's own past racists statements and actions have convinced people he is racist so when he insists on calling the coronavirus the "China Flu" or "Kung Flu" it is going to be considered racist.  But even more so when he makes up lies about the virus being developed in Chinese government labs.

His sycophants ignore the false claims he makes about the virus.  They refuse to acknowledge them.  All they will say is "It is true it originated in China".  If Trump ever wants people to believe his motives are not racist he will have stop acting racist all the time and stop making up lies to attack China.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 01:32 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think that's true.

Then explain to me why BLM was silent and none of us had even heard about a black jogger getting killed by two white guys until the news broke about the DA seeing a video of the murderv and refusing to charge his buddy who used to work for him?

(07-24-2020, 01:32 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Which is not always appropriate.  See Freddie Grey in Baltimore as an example.

I am not following your logic here.  Are you saying that the McvMichaels should never have been charged with murdering Ahmaud Arbery because police officers were aquitted in the killing of Freddie Gray?
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't know if he's racist. This is not a defense of him. If a bunch of black people or Latinos started supporting for him, he'd be all on board. I think the world is divided into people who support him and people who don't. He's a narcissist as I believe a lot of presidents are to different degrees (How else do you decide you are the best person of 350 million people to run a country?) and Trump is to the highest degree. Also BPD. That's a pretty easy one to see. I've grown up watching someone with that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 10:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I honestly don't know if he's racist. This is not a defense of him.  If a bunch of black people or Latinos started supporting for him, he'd be all on board.  I think the world is divided into people who support him and people who don't.  He's a narcissist as I believe a lot of presidents are to different degrees  (How else do you decide  you are the best person of 350 million people to run a country?)   and Trump is to the highest degree. Also BPD.  That's a pretty easy one to see. I've grown up watching someone with that.

I agree with the bold but why not both?  He didn't say a judge wouldn't be fair just becuase they didn't like HIM...but because he was Mexican. (He was american)

He has a history and it is filled with racist-ish statements, actions and lawsuits.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: I agree with the bold but why not both?  He didn't say a judge wouldn't be fair just becuase they didn't like HIM...but because he was Mexican. (He was american)

He has a history and it is filled with racist-ish statements, actions and lawsuits.

Exactly.

When you judge and attack people based on their race you are racists.  The motives don't matter.  It is like saying "I am not gay.  I'm just sexually attracted to other men."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: I agree with the bold but why not both?  He didn't say a judge wouldn't be fair just becuase they didn't like HIM...but because he was Mexican. (He was american)

I just don't think he cares enough about anything  to be racist.  That's elevating white people to a place they don't occupy in his mind.  Useful.  Not useful.  Like a psychopath.  That's what it looks like to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 11:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I just don't think he cares enough about anything  to be racist.  That's elevating white people to a place they don't occupy in his mind.  Useful.  Not useful.  Like a psychopath.  That's what it looks like to me.

I agree he believes in attacking anyone who disagrees with him or stands in his way.  He also has zero qualms about attacking someone for the race.  That is the racist-ish stuff he says and does.  That he goes THERE speaks to his real feelings.  The difference between calling someone "stupid" and calling them a "stupid (insert race)".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then explain to me why BLM was silent and none of us had even heard about a black jogger getting killed by two white guys until the news broke about the DA seeing a video of the murderv and refusing to charge his buddy who used to work for him?

Because they didn't know about it?  How shoudl I know the answer to this?

Quote:I am not following your logic here.  Are you saying that the McvMichaels should never have been charged with murdering Ahmaud Arbery because police officers were aquitted in the killing of Freddie Gray?

This question is beyond absurd considering the post you are responding to.  I don't see how any rational adult could draw this conclusion from what I said.  Stop being silly, Fred.
Reply/Quote
Trump does court racists and their votes. Im reminded of when John McCain corrected a woman who said Obama was a dangerous Arab and the right wing slapped their collective foreheads and said he had blown the election.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 12:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because they didn't know about it?  How shoudl I know the answer to this?

I already told you the answer

(07-24-2020, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not just the killing that fires up BLM.  It is the fact that many times the killers are not charged until public pressure is applied or a video is leaked.

If every killing sparked outrage in the BLM movement then they would have been protesting as soon as this happened.  It only became an issue when the cover up was discovered.

That is why when people bringing up examples of cops shooting white people and claiming it is exactly like the problems BLM is protesting against miss the point.  It is not just the killing.  In many cases it is the failure to prosecute.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 12:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This question is beyond absurd considering the post you are responding to.  I don't see how any rational adult could draw this conclusion from what I said.  Stop being silly, Fred.

I admitted that I could not follow your logic, and asked you a question.

Instead of explaining your logic for bringing up the Freddie Gray case you chose to make more personal attacks on me.

I will not respond in kind.  Instead I will just ask again if you could explain your reason for bringing up the Freddie Gray case.  I don't agree that just because someone is acquitted that means they should never have been charged.  He died in police custody.  The autopsy concluded it wad caused by the way the officer drove the van.  The city offered a monetary settlement before they were even sued.  I don't see any reason why not to have a trial to se if the police were criminally negligent.

And I definitely do not see what it has to do with BLM protesting other cases where the police/DA have refused to prosecute.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I admitted that I could not follow your logic, and asked you a question.

You asked a silly question, hence my labeling it silly.

Quote:Instead of explaining your logic for bringing up the Freddie Gray case you chose to make more personal attacks on me.

Calling your question silly is not a personal attack, Fred.  This assertion is also silly.

Quote:I will not respond in kind.  Instead I will just ask again if you could explain your reason for bringing up the Freddie Gray case.  I don't agree that just because someone is acquitted that means they should never have been charged.  He died in police custody.  The autopsy concluded it wad caused by the way the officer drove the van.  The city offered a monetary settlement before they were even sued.  I don't see any reason why not to have a trial to se if the police were criminally negligent.

I've already explained the correlation.  Simply go back and read the original post.

Quote:And I definitely do not see what it has to do with BLM protesting other cases where the police/DA have refused to prosecute.

It doesn't in the sense your talking about.  It does as a perfect example of public pressure resulting from protests resulting in inappropriate charges being filed.  There, I explained it again for you.
Reply/Quote