Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden is silenced by handlers and Spokesperson tells biggest lies daily
(05-06-2023, 11:47 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Thanks? Now I can carry on living knowing…Lindsey Graham’s thoughts on the matter.

I took D to be making a point about superficial comparisons to prove "hypocrisy" or whatever.

Difficult nowadays to get people to compare circumstances to see if "both sides" are 
really doing the same thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 12:34 PM)Dill Wrote: I took D to be making a point about superficial comparisons to prove "hypocrisy" or whatever.

Difficult nowadays to get people to compare circumstances to see if "both sides" are 
really doing the same thing.

No arguments here. I just thought “well what about what known POS Lindsey Graham has to say about it” was random as hell. Maybe not, IDK.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 09:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Who has called it humanitarian?

Not a direct quote, just my opinion of how the media portrays similar actions when performed by opposing party members.  I likely should have made that clear in my post, I can see how you might have thought that I was referencing a direct quote.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a direct quote, just my opinion of how the media portrays similar actions when performed by opposing party members.  I likely should have made that clear in my post, I can see how you might have thought that I was referencing a direct quote.

AOC and other Democrats have referenced many times the Trump handling of the border was inhumane. It was Obama who put immigrants in cages long before Trump arrived. One more fact the left loves to deflect or straight out lie when addressing the issue.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AOC and other Democrats have referenced many times the Trump handling of the border was inhumane. It was Obama who put immigrants in cages long before Trump arrived. One more fact the left loves to deflect or straight out lie when addressing the issue.

Well, it is inhumane. You wouldn't be like to be treated like that. Democrat or not. 

Maybe they took less pleasure than conservatives to see poor people abused but it is inhumane indeed. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 02:34 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Maybe they took less pleasure than conservatives to see poor people abused but it is inhumane indeed. 

Right up until January 20, 2021.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 02:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Right up until January 20, 2021.

Do they still put kids in cages ? 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a direct quote, just my opinion of how the media portrays similar actions when performed by opposing party members.  I likely should have made that clear in my post, I can see how you might have thought that I was referencing a direct quote.

I haven't really seen it portrayed that way, though. So I am not really sure who is. That being said, I am very choosey about my media consumption.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AOC and other Democrats have referenced many times the Trump handling of the border was inhumane. It was Obama who put immigrants in cages long before Trump arrived. One more fact the left loves to deflect or straight out lie when addressing the issue.

Evidently Fox and Newsmax left out many of the specifics when they told you "AOC and other Democrats"
were complaining about cages, but ignored the range of brutal and inhumane actions applied, and others
floated but checked by law. Like shooting migrants in the legs. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html

Why not admit it--

the real MAGA criticism of both Obama and Biden is that they are too kind to brown* immigrants,
don't treat them harshly enough. Treat them like humans.

*e.g., not from Norway. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-norway-idUSKBN1F11QK
Reply/Quote
Well, cruelty is the point.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 03:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Do they still put kids in cages ? 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/05/01/mark-morgan-calls-out-hypocrisy-of-corporate-medias-silence-over-new-photos-of-kids-in-cages/

Apparently?

There’s not much out there from what I can tell, which was kind of my point. They were concentration camps until the right guy sat in the chair then it all went quiet. I’d be happy to see evidence that he turned things around literally overnight if it’s out there.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 06:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/05/01/mark-morgan-calls-out-hypocrisy-of-corporate-medias-silence-over-new-photos-of-kids-in-cages/

Apparently?

There’s not much out there from what I can tell, which was kind of my point. They were concentration camps until the right guy took sat in the chair then it all went quiet. I’d be happy to see evidence that he turned things around literally overnight if it’s out there.

I didn't change my mind. That's a terrible way to treat people whoever they are. But as I said, cruelty is the point. 

What a shame. 

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 09:22 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Then you got the gist. I mean that sincerely. She’s impossibly bad at it.

MSNBC host Jen Psaki seemed very good at it and treated it almost as sport as to what she could spin.

Psaki was actually quite good at the job, which makes KJP's utter incompetence all the more glaringly obvious.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 05:25 PM)Dill Wrote: Evidently Fox and Newsmax left out many of the specifics when they told you "AOC and other Democrats"
were complaining about cages, but ignored the range of brutal and inhumane actions applied, and others
floated but checked by law. Like shooting migrants in the legs. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html

Why not admit it--

the real MAGA criticism of both Obama and Biden is that they are too kind to brown* immigrants,
don't treat them harshly enough. Treat them like humans.

*e.g., not from Norway. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-norway-idUSKBN1F11QK

Who is MAGA exactly?

I am not, but I do think anyone entering our country is a criminal and therefore should be treated as a criminal and locked up. I don't care aboutw the color of their skin. If Democrats would enforce all immigration laws, maybe we never have a border crisis.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 12:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is MAGA exactly?

I am not, but I do think anyone entering our country is a criminal and therefore should be treated as a criminal and locked up. I don't care aboutw the color of their skin. If Democrats would enforce all immigration laws, maybe we never have a border crisis.

So why do you parrot all of the MAGA talking points if you aren't MAGA? I mean this sincerely. You claim you aren't in the MAGA crowd but everything you post indicates otherwise.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 12:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is MAGA exactly?

The Biden administration deployed 1,500 additional military personnel to augment security at the southern border, U.S. officials said past Tuesday, as the looming end of pandemic-era immigration policies has officials bracing for a surge in illegal crossings.  Biden did this to free up and allow ICE and other border enforcement officers from their administrative duties.

The border with Mexico has always been a problem for at least the past 50-yrs.  Democrats are enforcing immigration laws Biden did keep Trump's Title 24 going and will keep enforcing Title 8.  

When all the cocaine was flowing into Miami and over our southern border in the 1980s, do you think it was Reagan's fault for being soft on the border?  The thing with the MAGAs is that they have zero answers or solutions other than building a wall that would be useless. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 09:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So why do you parrot all of the MAGA talking points if you aren't MAGA? I mean this sincerely. You claim you aren't in the MAGA crowd but everything you post indicates otherwise.

What exactly implies that someone is "MAGA"?  I mean, what exactly is MAGA, is that some sort of club that people sign up for, like AARP?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 03:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:
What exactly implies that someone is "MAGA"?
  I mean, what exactly is MAGA, is that some sort of club that people sign up for, like AARP?

Start with the red hat and fanatic support for Trump--though the hat is not required.

[Image: th?id=OIP.jHuzV02gSIbWoY-INhWgJgHaFj&pid...id=Api&P=0]
After selecting "Make America Great Again", Trump immediately had an attorney register it. (Trump later said he was unaware of Reagan's use in 1980 until 2015, but noted that "he didn't trademark it.")[22] On November 12 he signed an application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office requesting exclusive rights to use the slogan for political purposes. It was registered as a service mark on July 14, 2015, after Trump formally began his 2016 presidential campaign and demonstrated that he was using the slogan for the purpose stated on the application.[23][22][24] Trump used the slogan in public as early as August 2013, in an interview with Jonathan Karl.[25]

[Image: 220px-Make_America_Great_Again_outdoor_b...fornia.jpg]

[Image: 220px-U.S._President_Donald_Trump_with_a_KAG_hat.jpg]

Trump wearing a "Keep America Great" hat in December 2019

During the 2016 campaign, Trump often used the slogan, especially by wearing hats emblazoned with the phrase in white letters, which soon became popular among his supporters.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_America_Great_Again#cite_note-27][26] The slogan was so important to the campaign that at one point it spent more on making the hats – sold for $25 each on its website – than on polling, consultants, or television commercials. Millions were sold, and Trump estimated that counterfeit versions outnumbered the real hat ten to one. "... but it was a slogan, and every time somebody buys one, that's an advertisement."[22]  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_America_Great_Again
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 03:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What exactly implies that someone is "MAGA"?  I mean, what exactly is MAGA, is that some sort of club that people sign up for, like AARP?

The Trump supporting extreme wing of the GOP. That's MAGA.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 09:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So why do you parrot all of the MAGA talking points if you aren't MAGA? I mean this sincerely. You claim you aren't in the MAGA crowd but everything you post indicates otherwise.

Especially claims like Trump was not responsible for the 1/6 insurrection

and the FBI is weaponized against Trump by the Dems to protect "the Biden Crime Family." 

And E. Jean Carroll is a "gold digger." 

The constant deflection of personal responsibility from Trump goes way beyond "normal" GOP politics.

Pretending not to know what MAGA is, is rather like T. Carlson wondering what the Great Replacement Theory is,

while running segment after segment on the "demographic threat" from the border.
Reply/Quote