Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden is silenced by handlers and Spokesperson tells biggest lies daily
(05-07-2023, 12:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is MAGA exactly?

I am not, but I do think anyone entering our country is a criminal and therefore should be treated as a criminal and locked up. I don't care aboutw the color of their skin. If Democrats would enforce all immigration laws, maybe we never have a border crisis.

This is difficult to conceptualize.

You imply criminals should be locked up, but your determination of who is a criminal is not especially consistent.

And there seems no recognition of different degrees of crime. 
Children who enter the country illegally should be locked up? Parents seeking safety? 

No immigration problem under Republicans? Democrat enforcement of "all immigration laws" would make the problem go away? 

This doesn't seem well sorted, just anger selectively directed at ideological targets, 
and confusion as to the origin of both anger and who's directing it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Republican Devin Nunes sued a news organzition for publishing that his family's farm had employed undocumented workers. It was dismissed because, well, his family farm had knowingly employed undocumented workers.

Conservatives have complained for years about undocumented immigration but have refused to come to the table to work on solutions. And "building a wall" is not the solution. You think maybe these guys want the problem to run on.

I know all I heard during the campaign was "the border" and not one Republican has offered any workable solution to the problem. It is estimated that 10-15 thousand are waiting in Mexico for Title 42 to be lifted. If our border was open like we hearing Republicans screaming every time a camera is near them, those migrants would already be in the states

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Maybe making people who employ undocumented people hundred of thousand dollars bills can help this issue.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 05:13 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Maybe making people who employ undocumented people hundred of thousand dollars bills can help this issue.

Arturo, my French friend, forgive me if there is a thread on this and I missed it.  But I would very much appreciate your view of the protests currently roiling your nation.  Very few of us in North America have access to a verified first hand account.  Please share if you don't mind.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 10:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Arturo, my French friend, forgive me if there is a thread on this and I missed it.  But I would very much appreciate your view of the protests currently roiling your nation.  Very few of us in North America have access to a verified first hand account.  Please share if you don't mind.

Well, we are not happy with our president right now, that MF wants to put our retirements 2 years later and obviously people are not happy with it, me included. I don't think, it's gonna end anytime soon. 
It will be very difficult for him to end his mandate ( 4 years ), he's booed everywhere he goes with all his government and our police is protecting him not us so there's a lot to unpack.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 05:13 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Maybe making people who employ undocumented people hundred of thousand dollars bills can help this issue.

But that would mean the system would have to punish the "job creators" rather than the working class. This is America, we don't do that here unless it is too egregious of a crime to ignore.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 06:27 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Well, we are not happy with our president right now, that MF wants to put our retirements 2 years later and obviously people are not happy with it, me included. I don't think, it's gonna end anytime soon. 
It will be very difficult for him to end his mandate ( 4 years ), he's booed everywhere he goes with all his government and our police is protecting him not us so there's a lot to unpack.

Do you see a reversal of the retirement age increase, or do you think the protests will lose momentum before that happens?
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 10:51 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do you see a reversal of the retirement age increase, or do you think the protests will lose momentum before that happens?

No he won't go back but he is politically dead and it will be hard for him to pass other laws. His approval rating has dropped to 40% to 19% in less than a month. And police violence isn't helping.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 03:25 PM)Dill Wrote: Start with the red hat and fanatic support for Trump--though the hat is not required.

[Image: th?id=OIP.jHuzV02gSIbWoY-INhWgJgHaFj&pid...id=Api&P=0]
After selecting "Make America Great Again", Trump immediately had an attorney register it. (Trump later said he was unaware of Reagan's use in 1980 until 2015, but noted that "he didn't trademark it.")[22] On November 12 he signed an application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office requesting exclusive rights to use the slogan for political purposes. It was registered as a service mark on July 14, 2015, after Trump formally began his 2016 presidential campaign and demonstrated that he was using the slogan for the purpose stated on the application.[23][22][24] Trump used the slogan in public as early as August 2013, in an interview with Jonathan Karl.[25]

[Image: 220px-Make_America_Great_Again_outdoor_b...fornia.jpg]

[Image: 220px-U.S._President_Donald_Trump_with_a_KAG_hat.jpg]

Trump wearing a "Keep America Great" hat in December 2019

During the 2016 campaign, Trump often used the slogan, especially by wearing hats emblazoned with the phrase in white letters, which soon became popular among his supporters.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_America_Great_Again#cite_note-27][26] The slogan was so important to the campaign that at one point it spent more on making the hats – sold for $25 each on its website – than on polling, consultants, or television commercials. Millions were sold, and Trump estimated that counterfeit versions outnumbered the real hat ten to one. "... but it was a slogan, and every time somebody buys one, that's an advertisement."[22]  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_America_Great_Again

So, do you have photo evidence of the OP allegedly committing crimes while wearing the MAGA hat?  Because he made a negative post on the current POTUS, you're trying to 'brand' him with a repulsive label not dissimilar than calling someone 'gay' or 'commie' back in the 1950s??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, do you have photo evidence of the OP allegedly committing crimes while wearing the MAGA hat?  Because he made a negative post on the current POTUS, you're trying to 'brand' him with a repulsive label not dissimilar than calling someone 'gay' or 'commie' back in the 1950s??

So far as I know, being MAGA is not itself a crime, and no one in the images I posted was committing a crime, to my knowledge.

This is not the only thread the OP has started on presidential candidates.

In virtually all he has represented MAGA views and defended Trump, so what could he find "repulsive" about MAGA?  

E.g., he repeatedly refers to "the Biden Crime Family," calls Carrol a "gold digger," and assigns Nancy
Pelosi more responsibility for 1/6 than the guy who orchestrated a mass protest timed to contest
electoral certification with lists of fake electors. He thinks Trump was a good president and wants him re-elected.
Trump = the guy who copyrighted MAGA and made it his campaign slogan, prominent at all his rallies.

So imagine someone back in the 1950s defending Stalin and supporting the nationalization of industry,
but purporting NOT to know what "Communism" was? 

Remember, you and he asked what "MAGA" was. I am merely explaining. If I got it wrong, then someone should
be able to explain how and where, post a picture of MAGA hats feeding hungry immigrants at the border or
cite a speech where Trump praises Minnesotans for taking in Somalian refugees or condemns foreign dictators, 
or refuses to pardon those convicted of violent acts and property damage during the Capitol insurrection.

Our politics have taken a new and interesting twist if Trump supporters now find MAGA affiliation "repulsive" 
(or claim ignorance of it)--but continue to prefer Trump to "crooked Joe."*

*Trump retired the adjective from Hilary at his NH rally, and re-applied it to Biden.
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I asked McCarthy about how he would describe his interactions with Biden during negotiations. <br><br>“Very professional, very smart. Very tough at the same time,” McCarthy replied</p>&mdash; Max Cohen (@maxpcohen) <a href="https://twitter.com/maxpcohen/status/1662830860368850945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 28, 2023</a></blockquote> 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2023, 04:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I asked McCarthy about how he would describe his interactions with Biden during negotiations. <br><br>“Very professional, very smart. Very tough at the same time,” McCarthy replied</p>&mdash; Max Cohen (@maxpcohen) <a href="https://twitter.com/maxpcohen/status/1662830860368850945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 28, 2023</a></blockquote> 

That's how it goes with Alzheimer's, one day you're on point, the next day your handlers are shushing you and wiping the oatmeal from your chin.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2023, 06:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's how it goes with Alzheimer's, one day you're on point, the next day your handlers are shushing you and wiping the oatmeal from your chin.

Thanks doc!

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, inappropriate and inhumane when a person with R next to their name does it, but "oh, how humanitarian" when a person with a D next to their name does it.  Media needs to get their heads out of their asses and go back to just telling the story.

Not saying the media isn't without its faults. But Trump made a huge spectacle out of the border and immigration. I don't think we can really blame the media for that. But Biden hasn't really done much different than trump did at the border he just hasn't talked about it constantly. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 02:24 PM)Dill Wrote: So far as I know, being MAGA is not itself a crime, and no one in the images I posted was committing a crime, to my knowledge.

This is not the only thread the OP has started on presidential candidates.

In virtually all he has represented MAGA views and defended Trump, so what could he find "repulsive" about MAGA?  

E.g., he repeatedly refers to "the Biden Crime Family," calls Carrol a "gold digger," and assigns Nancy
Pelosi more responsibility for 1/6 than the guy who orchestrated a mass protest timed to contest
electoral certification with lists of fake electors. He thinks Trump was a good president and wants him re-elected.
Trump = the guy who copyrighted MAGA and made it his campaign slogan, prominent at all his rallies.

So imagine someone back in the 1950s defending Stalin and supporting the nationalization of industry,
but purporting NOT to know what "Communism" was? 

Remember, you and he asked what "MAGA" was. I am merely explaining. If I got it wrong, then someone should
be able to explain how and where, post a picture of MAGA hats feeding hungry immigrants at the border or
cite a speech where Trump praises Minnesotans for taking in Somalian refugees or condemns foreign dictators, 
or refuses to pardon those convicted of violent acts and property damage during the Capitol insurrection.

Our politics have taken a new and interesting twist if Trump supporters now find MAGA affiliation "repulsive" 
(or claim ignorance of it)--but continue to prefer Trump to "crooked Joe."*

*Trump retired the adjective from Hilary at his NH rally, and re-applied it to Biden.

I find it amusing a slogan " Make America Great Again" is used by the left to try and vilify the policies of a former US President and those who SUPPORT his POLICIES. Trump is not a was not a great politician, but what he was and is a man beholding to no one on either side of the aisle. That made him dangerous to politicians on both sides of the aisle. I hope you are not naive enough to believe crooks are on both sides. Trump donated his salary, his was a billionaire who had no other reason to put his life and the life of his family under intense scrutiny other than he beloved our country was going in the wrong direction. 

So, no I am not ashamed of liking the direction Trump took the country. I want Joe Biden to also "Make America Greater Again", it is my wish for every US President and every politician. Sadly, I believe politicians for the people are few and far between, especially career politicians.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it amusing a slogan " Make America Great Again" is used by the left to try and vilify the policies of a former US President and those who SUPPORT his POLICIES. Trump is not a was not a great politician, but what he was and is a man beholding to no one on either side of the aisle. That made him dangerous to politicians on both sides of the aisle. I hope you are not naive enough to believe crooks are on both sides. Trump donated his salary, his was a billionaire who had no other reason to put his life and the life of his family under intense scrutiny other than he beloved our country was going in the wrong direction. 

So, no I am not ashamed of liking the direction Trump took the country. I want Joe Biden to also "Make America Greater Again", it is my wish for every US President and every politician. Sadly, I believe politicians for the people are few and far between, especially career politicians.

Thanks for the response, Luvnit.

I confess I am naive enough to believe crooks are on both sides of the aisle. 

I just don't see the crookery organized on the Dem side the way it is on the Repub side, where the party comes together to protect their leader from consequences for illegal behavior, driving out honest people and corrupting others. 

Trump is "dangerous to both sides" because he can draw enough votes to control the GOP, even when out of office, and he does not respect rule of law. It's uncertain that he knows what that is.

Also, there is evidence that 1) reasons other than "love of country" could attract Trump to the "intense scrutiny" he seems to enjoy, and 2) he might not love his country more than other presidents. Or why is he so disparaging of military sacrifice and contemptuous of rule of law? Why is he so publicly approving of dictatorships rather than democracies? 

In 2017 he donated $178.000 of his $400.000 salary to gov. agencies. But I am unaware of further donations. You know that he donated his full salary every year to the gov.?  He has recouped far more than that by installing secret service members in his hotels, not to mention Saudis and other rich foreigners looking for access. The advantages of office have flowed directly to his family as well, especially his daughter and son in law.

I would appreciate hearing more specifically why you think his desire for the presidency is altruistic, about loving his country etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it amusing a slogan " Make America Great Again" is used by the left to try and vilify the policies of a former US President and those who SUPPORT his POLICIES. Trump is not a was not a great politician, but what he was and is a man beholding to no one on either side of the aisle. That made him dangerous to politicians on both sides of the aisle. I hope you are not naive enough to believe crooks are on both sides. Trump donated his salary, his was a billionaire who had no other reason to put his life and the life of his family under intense scrutiny other than he beloved our country was going in the wrong direction. 

Exactly what direction did Trump take the country?  Because what I saw at the end his Presidency is a country at war with itself.  I saw a President who didn't care what happened to the country as long as he was in charge.

He ran for President for personal power and money not out of the goodness of his heart.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: Exactly what direction did Trump take the country?  Because what I saw at the end his Presidency is a country at war with itself.  I saw a President who didn't care what happened to the country as long as he was in charge.

He ran for President for personal power and money not out of the goodness of his heart.

Towards a cliff. 

Capitol police stopped him though. 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: Exactly what direction did Trump take the country?  Because what I saw at the end his Presidency is a country at war with itself.  I saw a President who didn't care what happened to the country as long as he was in charge.

The narrative that Trump ran for president because he loves America and wants everyone to benefit seems pointless, mostly because the more plausible narrative that "Trump hates losing and is addicted to success, so he will work 8 days a week to make sure the USA is as successful as possible so he can give a middle finger to the rest of the world that hates us because they ain't us" is readily available.  I'd also wager the whole "I'll be a success so I can shove it in your face" scenario is a lot more relatable to the general populace, too.

Add in that the "addicted to success" narrative also plays well with the "nice guys don't always finish first, so Trump is being a jerkass for a good reason and the ends justify the means" narrative.  Inconsistent messaging doesn't matter for the MAGA GOP, so meh who cares, but I just wanted to point that out.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2023, 08:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks doc!

Mellow

I may not be a medical professional, but I have lost a few loved ones who suffered from Alzheimer's.  One in particular had early onset in her mid 50s, she slipped into dementia and it wasn't a very pleasant experience for anyone involved as it dragged on for years.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote