Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biden likely violated free speech
(07-05-2023, 01:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wray was in charge of the FBI and Barr the department of justice. Again, are you saying the DOJ and FBI should be allowed to be weaponized by the POTUS????????

And that is relevant because YOUR example of suppressed free speech and a weaponized Justice Dept took place under the TRUMP admin and his appointees Barr and Wray

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is about free speech. The government intervened in free speech under the ruse of disinformation.

To me this is very simple, the government does not have the right to determine misinformation on social media sites. I would hope everyone would agree. I could say the sky is falling and the end of the world is upon us. The government should have no right to tell Facebook or Twitter to delete my post. This is a huge win for free speech. We all have our mind to do research and ether believe or not believe anything that is said and written. We don't need government intervention.

What if people use social media platforms to organize an actual insurgency, based on a lie that the presidential election was stolen.

And millions who "have their mind to do research" choose to believe the lie.

Should the government just stand back until the shooting starts?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 01:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/ex-biden-aide-jen-psaki-hit-coercing-tech-companies-censor-conservatives-federal-judge

Hmm..... President's mouth piece guilty of coercing tech companies

Great news is they no longer will be able to try and control social media in the future. This whole scenario stinks and shows Democrats trying to stop free speech, going so far as making threats.

"guilty"?

I believe we need to use correct legal terms.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 02:02 PM)pally Wrote: And that is relevant because YOUR example of suppressed free speech and a weaponized Justice Dept took place under the TRUMP admin and his appointees Barr and Wray

You just made my argument. You think the POTUS should control the DOJ and FBI. Trump did not control them, but looking back we knew when it started. It began under the Biden administration. How do we know? Obama's attorney general Eric Holder told us he was Obama's wingman.
https://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2013/04/eric-holder-im-still-the-presidents-wingman-160861

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done.  I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy.  So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show."

It is also easy to take a look at other DOJ, CIA and FBI leaders allegiance to the Democratic party and not to the USA since 2013 when Holder told us, he did not stutter, he said he was playing favorites.

Brennan and Comey are know Democratic supporters. Comey showed it by not charging a guilty HRC in July of 2016. Brennan showed it by signing the infamous fake HB was disinformation document.

Yes, it is the norm now for the DOJ and FBI to weaponize against conservatives and a conservative POTUS. Sadly, only a blind squirrel or a liberal can't see the obvious.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 02:19 PM)Dill Wrote: What if people use social media platforms to organize an actual insurgency, based on a lie that the presidential election was stolen.

And millions who "have their mind to do research" choose to believe the lie.

Should the government just stand back until the shooting starts?  

What if the government used social media to suppress a story about the President's son and his laptop which shows emails of possible bribery by the POTUS and foreign country?

Wait, they did that to win an election. The FBI colluded with the Biden campaign to win an election. That should scare the heck out of all of us. In the end, the election was stolen from Trump with the help of the FBI. In your mind, you feel this is a lie, others believe as I do. 

That is what makes America great, we can express our opinions based on our own fact gathering. Your scenario leaves out one very important point. Pelosi had all the gathered intelligence from social media. Trump asked her to add security for Jan. 6, but she did not do it. Why? The D.C. mayor also was looped in refused to add security. Why?

They knew there was going to be a possible major issue Jan. 6 because of social media, yet ignored it just as they ignored 9/11 intelligence. I would argue social media lets the FBI know the temperature of citizens. 

Argue as you may, but Kennedy should be able to say anything he likes about vaccinations an Covid without the government shutting him down on social media. Free speech is free speech again and I love it.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 05:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What if the government used social media to suppress a story about the President's son and his laptop which shows emails of possible bribery by the POTUS and foreign country?

Wait, they did that to win an election. The FBI colluded with the Biden campaign to win an election. That should scare the heck out of all of us. In the end, the election was stolen from Trump with the help of the FBI. In your mind, you feel this is a lie, others believe as I do. 

That is what makes America great, we can express our opinions based on our own fact gathering. Your scenario leaves out one very important point. Pelosi had all the gathered intelligence from social media. Trump asked her to add security for Jan. 6, but she did not do it. Why? The D.C. mayor also was looped in refused to add security. Why?

They knew there was going to be a possible major issue Jan. 6 because of social media, yet ignored it just as they ignored 9/11 intelligence. I would argue social media lets the FBI know the temperature of citizens. 

Argue as you may, but Kennedy should be able to say anything he likes about vaccinations an Covid without the government shutting him down on social media. Free speech is free speech again and I love it.

You really need to step away from the #1 liars in cable news, if only to understand what they tell you about how Democrats behave and vote is totally made up.  There is no way that in 2020 that Hunter's laptop saga, which we all knew about by Nov 6, 2020, would have changed anyone's vote from Biden to Trump.  It just wasn't happening

The mayor of Washington, in advance of Jan 6, asked for the National Guard to be activated for added security.  Trump...said no.

And it is revisionist history to say Trump talked to Pelosi about security and that she failed to follow his recommendations. Again...only Trump could authorize the National Guard, not Pelosi.  By Jan 6, Trump wasn't conferring with Pelosi on ANYTHING let alone security arrangements to prevent his supporters from disrupting the Congressional proceedings. 

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 05:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What if the government used social media to suppress a story about the President's son and his laptop which shows emails of possible bribery by the POTUS and foreign country?

Dude do you ever get tired of watching Fox news. Just asking. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/officials-blocked-meeting-social-media-companies-first-amendment-ruling
Officials named in the injunction include White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, Secretary of Health and Human Services Xavier Becerra and United States Surgeon General Vivek Murthy.

The Department of Justice, which declined to comment, was named along with the FBI and the State Department.

Lots of Biden administration blocked in meeting with social media.

Just one more example of Biden hating free speech he disagrees with so tries to suppress it.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 07:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just one more example of Biden hating free speech he disagrees with so tries to suppress it.

It’s much bigger than boy sniffing Biden. It’s the entire left. 

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 06:41 PM)pally Wrote: You really need to step away from the #1 liars in cable news, if only to understand what they tell you about how Democrats behave and vote is totally made up.  There is no way that in 2020 that Hunter's laptop saga, which we all knew about by Nov 6, 2020, would have changed anyone's vote from Biden to Trump.  It just wasn't happening

The mayor of Washington, in advance of Jan 6, asked for the National Guard to be activated for added security.  Trump...said no.

And it is revisionist history to say Trump talked to Pelosi about security and that she failed to follow his recommendations. Again...only Trump could authorize the National Guard, not Pelosi.  By Jan 6, Trump wasn't conferring with Pelosi on ANYTHING let alone security arrangements to prevent his supporters from disrupting the Congressional proceedings. 
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-says-it-warned-about-possible-violence-ahead-of-u-s-capitol-riot

In the immediate aftermath of the riot, some law enforcement officials, including the Capitol police chief, said they were unaware of serious concerns leading up to Jan. 6 and had prepared only for a free-speech protest.

READ MORE: How was a violent mob able to breach the U.S. Capitol? Activists see double standard in police response

But on Tuesday, The Washington Post reported on the existence of a Jan. 5 report from the FBI’s field office in Norfolk, Virginia, that forecast, in detail, the chances that extremists could commit “war” in Washington the following day. Steven D’Antuono, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Washington field office, said that once he received the Jan. 5 warning, the information was quickly shared with other law enforcement agencies through the joint terrorism task force.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/04/politics/muriel-bowser-dc-national-guard-protests/index.html

Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller on Monday approved a request from the mayor of Washington to deploy DC National Guard forces to the city to support local authorities during pro-Trump demonstrations scheduled in the city this week, a defense official told CNN.

These are not Fox news articles. But do collaborate Fox news stories.
Maybe you need to check your news source. You got MSNBC and Rachael Maddow reporting fake Russian collusion  claims against Trump fr 3+ years, you got CNN who was found guilty of fake reporting on Nick Sandman. I guess all news agencies get sued and lose when we look at it openly.

Reply/Quote
and what she got were unarmed National Guardsmen who were limited to locations 9 blocks from the Capitol. Thus, they were unable to do anything to help stop any violence when it began but hey they were good traffic cops.

And we've learned a whole lot since Aug of 2021 including criminal seditious behavior from people who were in contact with the Trump campaign

But, I will reiterate, your media diet teaches you nothing about actual democrats think or behave so you will continue to be shocked when your side loses

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 07:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It’s much bigger than boy sniffing Biden. It’s the entire left. 

Ah cmon now, be fair. He sniffs girls too.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 07:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just one more example of Biden hating free speech he disagrees with so tries to suppress it.

(07-05-2023, 07:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It’s much bigger than boy sniffing Biden. It’s the entire left. 

I can't help but to think of a gentleman I once knew while living in Maine. 

He would often complain about neighbor's cat leaving paw prints on his vehicle -- while never addressing the fact that his dog would frequently relieve itself on the lawns of multiple neighbors. 

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 08:37 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I can't help but to think of a gentleman I once knew while living in Maine. 

He would often complain about neighbor's cat leaving paw prints on his vehicle -- while never addressing the fact that his dog would frequently relieve itself on the lawns of multiple neighbors. 

Interesting you mention this tidbit. I was listening to Mark Kaye the other day and he was talking about how politics is becoming eye for an eye (my words not his). In other words, you come after me, I'm coming after you. Which, I'm kind of glad the GOP is finally starting to fight back. They suffered from trying to be the better party by not reacting to the chaos and false accusations from the left. Of course, I know your not going to agree with me because I'm supporting the GOP in my statement, but it's how I see it.

Kind of on-topic, but back when I was a kid, our family was not committed to any party. Yet interesting story, my mom told me once that she hates hearing politicians put each other down. So, whoever spoke more of what they wanted to do instead of throwing dirt in the eye of their opponent, received her vote. I always thought that was interesting and I think a small percentage vote this way. Seriously, the country is neglected when politicians spend all their time fighting one another.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interesting you mention this tidbit. I was listening to Mark Kaye the other day and he was talking about how politics is becoming eye for an eye (my words not his). In other words, you come after me, I'm coming after you. Which, I'm kind of glad the GOP is finally starting to fight back. They suffered from trying to be the better party by not reacting to the chaos and false accusations from the left. Of course, I know your not going to agree with me because I'm supporting the GOP in my statement, but it's how I see it.

Kind of on-topic, but back when I was a kid, our family was not committed to any party. Yet interesting story, my mom told me once that she hates hearing politicians put each other down. So, whoever spoke more of what they wanted to do instead of throwing dirt in the eye of their opponent, received her vote. I always thought that was interesting and I think a small percentage vote this way. Seriously, the country is neglected when politicians spend all their time fighting one another.

Looking back, it is so refreshing to see McCain stand up for Obama during his rally.. It's hard to picture that happening in today's climate. 
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interesting you mention this tidbit. I was listening to Mark Kaye the other day and he was talking about how politics is becoming eye for an eye (my words not his). In other words, you come after me, I'm coming after you. Which, I'm kind of glad the GOP is finally starting to fight back. They suffered from trying to be the better party by not reacting to the chaos and false accusations from the left. Of course, I know your not going to agree with me because I'm supporting the GOP in my statement, but it's how I see it.

This is objectively wrong. Seriously. The degradation of political discourse can be linked directly to Newt Gingrich's memo. Before that we had Nixon committing crimes and the GOP weaponizing the Red Scare.

But in all seriousness If you look at what has been happening over the past 30-ish years, the GOPAC memo from Gingrich is seen as the catalyst by most experts.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

You mean the story we all read about the day after the NYPost reported it?

About the "bribery" which has never materialized? Still nothing in that laptop to "throw an election." 

People who could be manipulated by mere allegation were going to vote Trump anyway.  People who couldn't, weren't.

The FBI is chock full of Republicans, many quite sympathetic to Trump. And they've been slow-dogging the investigations into Trump's sedition.
Comey handed the Trump the election when he announced he'd reopened his investigation into Hilary. Then they "colluded" with Biden
to help him beat the most erratic and mendacious president in history, who had just botched a pandemic? American people could not have
decided they wanted "normal" again? No a Biden win is not proof of FBI "collusion." 

Why am I supposed to be more afraid of them than re-election of the guy who tried to overthrow our government and promises revenge if elected?

(07-05-2023, 05:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is what makes America great, we can express our opinions based on our own fact gathering. Your scenario leaves out one very important point. Pelosi had all the gathered intelligence from social media. Trump asked her to add security for Jan. 6, but she did not do it. Why? The D.C. mayor also was looped in refused to add security. Why?

Trump's own DOJ investigated claims of election fraud, and found none to be valid. 

But Trump did not like that result, so he "expressed his opinion" based on his own "fact gathering," 
and made America even greater by sending a pack of insurgents to the Capitol, 
timed to the moment Pence was presented with a list of false electors from 7 states.

The FBI, Pelosi, and the mayor of DC knew there would be a "possible major issue" because they could see in real time how Trump was "expressing his opinion" that Biden had stolen the election and true believers should come to Washington and do something about it. 

You write as if Trump, the instigator and director of the "possible major issue," were of course very concerned law and order should prevail the day he was calling thousands of supporters to DC to shake down Congress--the C-in-C who watched for hours without lifting a finger as his supporters breached the Capitol and trashed Congressional offices.

The Jan.6 committee was unable to establish Trump's claim that he ordered 10,000 NG troops and Pelosi quashed it. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/04/jan-6-committee-yet-again-debunks-trump-claim-10000-troops/
(07-05-2023, 05:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Argue as you may, but Kennedy should be able to say anything he likes about vaccinations an Covid without the government shutting him down on social media. Free speech is free speech again and I love it.

My question was whether government should stand back until the shooting starts. Apparently your answer is yes.

You love speech without responsibility--but not more than Trump. 

Should people free to "say anything they like" pay for the damage when what they "like" causes death and destruction?

It doesn't seem like you've thought much beyond "freedom--yeah!" here. And still haven't figured out WHY the Capitol needed security on 1/6.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 04:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Looking back, it is so refreshing to see McCain stand up for Obama during his rally.. It's hard to picture that happening in today's climate. 

It's unfortunate we will never see that climate again. The only thing that could push us in that direction would be a scenario where Americans are forced to put aside their anger and hate for one another for the greater good of the nation. I felt the country became this way for a short time after 9-11 attacks. 

(07-06-2023, 04:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is objectively wrong. Seriously. The degradation of political discourse can be linked directly to Newt Gingrich's memo. Before that we had Nixon committing crimes and the GOP weaponizing the Red Scare.

But in all seriousness If you look at what has been happening over the past 30-ish years, the GOPAC memo from Gingrich is seen as the catalyst by most experts.

So, you're saying the memo is why the GOP became passive?

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 05:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's unfortunate we will never see that climate again. The only thing that could push us in that direction would be a scenario where Americans are forced to put aside their anger and hate for one another for the greater good of the nation. I felt the country became this way for a short time after 9-11 attacks. 

So, you're saying the memo is why the GOP became passive?

The memo is why we have the attacks we have today.  The gop began the trend and continue it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/newt-gingrich-says-youre-welcome/570832/

It's why the cliché is the republicans run better campaigns and democrats govern better.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

This is a link to the 1990 GOPAC memo Bels was referring to. https://web.archive.org/web/20130902053532/http://web.utk.edu/~glenn/GopacMemo.html

Notice the list of contrasting terms at the bottom, which Repubs were urged to incorporate into their speech. The list starts with these:
  • abuse of power
  • anti- (issue): flag, family, child, jobs
  • betray
  • bizarre
  • bosses
  • bureaucracy
  • cheat
  • coercion
  • "compassion" is not enough
  • collapse(ing)
  • consequences
  • corrupt
  • corruption
  • criminal rights
  • crisis
  • cynicism
  • decay
There is NOTHING like this on the Dem side. The purpose of the memo was to coach GOP Congressmen and activists to address their Dem colleagues in more abusive language, to frame them all in terms anti-Americanism, corruption, and criminality--regardless of the person or the issue. And increasingly, that IS how they addressed their colleagues. The moderates in the party either retired or were voted out by people upped the nasty rhetoric. 

That's how they were trying to be "the better party" right after the Iran Contra affair. Bels has already mentioned Joe McCarthy and Agnew/Nixon.

Trump schooled even Gringrich on the art of foul and ungrounded accusation in the 2016 election. His tweet comparing his wife to Cruz's I rate as the nastiest and most childish political taunt since the Civil War era; and he launched it after accusing Cruz's father of participating in the Kennedy assassination and Cruz of not being a U.S. citizen, as he had earlier accused Obama. Was he fighting back against "leftist chaos and false accusations" when he did all that? 

Now, as the president who lied his way to an attempted coup continues, as always, to say the vilest things even about fellow Republicans, that's how you see a "passive" GOP "fighting back" against "chaos and false accusations from the left"? 
Reply/Quote