Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden named the projected winner
I don't think it'll be anywhere as turbulent as the last 4 years. The GOP and their voters realize that Biden won POTUS, but it looks like they kept control of the Senate (fu Georgia) and picked up a few seats in the house.

I think they also realize that in 2024 the Dems will have to run on something other than the current POTUS is a hateful bigot who caused 200,000 Americans to die. And they'll most likely have to do that with Willie Brown's ex side piece.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think it'll be anywhere as turbulent as the last 4 years. The GOP and their voters realize that Biden won POTUS, but it looks like they kept control of the Senate (fu Georgia) and picked up a few seats in the house.

I think they also realize that in 2024 the Dems will have to run on something other than the current POTUS is a hateful bigot who caused 200,000 Americans to die. And they'll most likely have to do that with Willie Brown's ex side piece.

Good to see you back to defending women from sexist statements and focusing on the accomplishments of the first female VP of the US.

Consistency is the key!  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 06:28 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Actually, the economy has improved markedly.  The monthly jobs report Friday showed unemployment dropped to 6.9 percent.

Bigger problem will be debt.  Not sure how that is going to be addressed.

And if covid rages again in the winter and hurts the economy again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think it'll be anywhere as turbulent as the last 4 years. The GOP and their voters realize that Biden won POTUS, but it looks like they kept control of the Senate (fu Georgia) and picked up a few seats in the house.

The number of pro-Trump folks on my social media feeds that contradict this is insane. I hope you're right, but there are a lot of folks out there that have bought into the rhetoric.

I told my wife while she was celebrating and asking me why I wasn't as excited as her that this isn't that big of a deal to me. Yeah, this will result in the end of a lot of policies that I find harmful, but Biden isn't who I wanted in the White House and he certainly isn't going to get much done that he would like to see done with McConnell running the show in the Senate.

I'm interested to see what comes of the GOP in the wake of this. There are signs of the establishment already abandoning Trump, but Trump has apparently said he will start his 2024 campaign immediately if he loses and whether that was in jest or not is up on the air.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The number of pro-Trump folks on my social media feeds that contradict this is insane. I hope you're right, but there are a lot of folks out there that have bought into the rhetoric.

I told my wife while she was celebrating and asking me why I wasn't as excited as her that this isn't that big of a deal to me. Yeah, this will result in the end of a lot of policies that I find harmful, but Biden isn't who I wanted in the White House and he certainly isn't going to get much done that he would like to see done with McConnell running the show in the Senate.

I'm interested to see what comes of the GOP in the wake of this. There are signs of the establishment already abandoning Trump, but Trump has apparently said he will start his 2024 campaign immediately if he loses and whether that was in jest or not is up on the air.

Quick question:

Do you think there will be more or less riots tonight as opposed to if Trump was named?

As to Trump 2024: I hope not, but America has shown they're willing to vote for a 78 year old candidate.

I'm sure many on here won't believe it; but I'm glad Biden won. It's the long game, not the short game. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quick question:

Do you think there will be more or less riots tonight as opposed to if Trump was named?

As to Trump 2024: I hope not, but America has shown they're willing to vote for a 78 year old candidate.

I'm sure many on here won't believe it; but I'm glad Biden won. It's the long game, not the short game. 

Fewer riots, same number of protests, but that is also because most of Trump world doesn't actually believe that Trump lost. They are saying it's not over, that it's illegitimate, etc. They also tend to just try to kidnap and murder officials or plan things out and get caught trying to cross state lines and carry them out. Rioting is the language of the unheard, and the Trumpers are too loud to ever be unheard. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The number of pro-Trump folks on my social media feeds that contradict this is insane. I hope you're right, but there are a lot of folks out there that have bought into the rhetoric.

I think more may get done between Biden and Mitch than a lot of people think.  They are both old bull senators that were around when the House actually negotiate deals.  

I've read that Biden was actually a preferred negotiating partner to Obama when they were in office because Republicans saw him as someone willing to make a deal.  Obama not so much.  He wanted what he wanted and that was that.

Interesting fact, McConnell was the only Republican senator to attend Beau Biden's funeral.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Apparently, Biden and McConnell have been talking over the past couple of days. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but hopefully they can find some common areas to work on and get accomplished over the next 4 years. 

It might not be that unlikely.

Biden wanted to roll back tax cuts on top earners and spend more money on green initiatives. McConnell gets reelected based (partly) on his public stance of hating anything not made of coal. But he's personally invested in green, and his wife serves on boards trying to phase out fossil fuels. If Biden is willing to let the tax cuts stay, McConnell may publicly give in on the green issue while privately counting his dollars.
Reply/Quote
This is such good news for my liver.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Good to see you back to defending women from sexist statements and focusing on the accomplishments of the first female VP of the US.

Consistency is the key!  ThumbsUp

Well it's not good to see, but it's expected, that Libs will try to deflect any criticism of Kamala as sexist..

She had an affair with a superior 30 years her senior while she was married. But bringing that up it sexist. 

She did what she felt she needed to do, but trying to clutch your pearls when it's brought to light because of her gender is the truly sexist move. 

Here's to hoping Joe stays healthy and sane for the next 4 years. 

Reply/Quote
As long as he gets a Badacaffcar (sp?)bill through Congress I’ll be happy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Can he run again in 2024? Has that ever happened before?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Can he run again in 2024? Has that ever happened before?

Yes he can. Grover Cleveland I believe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Classy.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Can he run again in 2024?  Has that ever happened before?

He can.

I'd be surprised if he did. Hed be 78 or 79. The dementia concerns were probably politicized, but if true, in four years he may not remember having been president.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Classy.

More or less classy than doing it? More or less classy than making fun of Trump and his affair? Or Clinton and his?

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:18 PM)Benton Wrote: He can.

I'd be surprised if he did. Hed be 78 or 79. The dementia concerns were probably politicized, but if true, in four years he may not remember having been president.

Expect Biden to have dementia in early Feb 2023.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: More or less classy than doing it?  More or less classy than making fun of Trump and his affair?  Or Clinton and his?

It's different to some. Harris is a female

We must apply an extra filter to not offend those that think they're about treating everyone equally.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Bigger problem will be debt.  Not sure how that is going to be addressed.

Tax increases.  Spending decreases. Someone is going to have to figure it out.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Tax increases.  Spending decreases. Someone is going to have to figure it out.

I filled up the tank at $1.62 a gallon today; I'd imagine those days will soon be gone.

That'll generate some revenue. 

Reply/Quote