Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden named the projected winner
(11-08-2020, 04:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep. I'm not a big fan of Biden himself, but I think he'll surround himself with qualified people...instead of large donors, tv pundits and family members. I just want to see some professionalism in the White House for the next 4 years. 

And that’s the exact reason the majority of the country is breathing a massive sigh of relief right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 03:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...isn't that something that's done on the reg around here? 

I can only speak for myself but i kind of viewed it as a throwaway line, of sorts. She chose to be unfaithful. Some people don't take that lightly and while it's her's and his personal business, it does speak to her character, so i just saw it as tit for tat. Not that big of a deal. This is my only thought on the matter so i won't keep it going but i would expect and respect your reply. 

Back on topic. As much as i'm not a fan of career politicians, i do expect things to calm down a bit as far as the current social outrage goes and it should be good to finally get some people in positions that are more deserving and able to (hopefully) get jobs done moreso than focusing on nepotism and how unqualified someone is. I just hope we're not about to go back to $4 a gallon of gas and higher interest rates because i'm still planning on selling the house and moving to Florida in the next 2-4 years. 

Well that's because you missed the strong defense of the new SCJ when some DARED call her a handmaiden or something.  It was deemed AWFULLY sexist and something that should be frowned upon.  However saying someone got whey they are on her knees is totally cool with them.

Biden knows how things work.  He will adhere more to the norms that Trump didn't like/understand which will help everything move smoother.  I'd hope America learned is lesson with the cult of personality election of Trump but from what I've seen this week it might take a while for that to sink in.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 03:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's why I said the Dems may have made a mistake selecting Harris. I know he promised a woman and I feel was forced into making it one of color. But Harris really isn't likable. She bombed early in the primaries. She's only a name because of the Kavanaugh hearings. 

They need to prop up a younger moderate. 

Millions of people disagree with you.

Republicans don't like her. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 06:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Millions of people disagree with you.

Republicans don't like her. 

Most likely why she did so good in the Democratic primaries. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 07:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely why she did so good in the Democratic primaries. 

More people liked Biden.

That doesn't mean she is "unlikeable". 

Millions still like her.

Maybe because who think she's a ho it affects your perception of her?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: More people liked Biden.

That doesn't mean she is "unlikeable". 

Millions still like her.

Maybe because who think she's a ho it affects your perception of her?

They liked every Democratic candidate better than her.

No matter how hard you try you cannot make it because I'm sexist. But I think we've all seen why you're allowed to try. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Trump campaign is asking for donations so he can fight the results.

However up to 50% will go toward Trump's campaign debt.

He ran his campaign like he ran his business...as a losing business with hopes for a bailout at the end.

Reply/Quote
[Image: EmYqfFgXEAEOAfj?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: EmYqfFgXEAEOAfj?format=jpg&name=large]

The contortions being done to try to turn this into a conspiracy is ridiculous. I just don't understand the cognitive dissonance occurring.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The contortions being done to try to turn this into a conspiracy is ridiculous. I just don't understand the cognitive dissonance occurring.

Biden met with Pence on November 10th to start the transition process for the Trump admin. This idea that anyone ever waits until certification of results is a complete joke and you won't find one Republican who was demanding everyone wait to declare Trump the winner in 2016.
Reply/Quote
On the hyperbolic side of things, did god die the day PA was called for Biden or will god die the day Biden does his old man jog into the WH?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On the hyperbolic side of things, did god die the day PA was called for Biden or will god die the day Biden does his old man jog into the WH?

I think it died Sunday while Biden was at mass and Trump was golfing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The contortions being done to try to turn this into a conspiracy is ridiculous. I just don't understand the cognitive dissonance occurring.

I do. 

The Trump defenders cannot admit being wrong.  Period.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: I do. 

The Trump defenders cannot admit being wrong.  Period.

I've seen protestors on the streets being asked what it would take for them to accept this election and they said something along the lines of when Trump tells us to.  Or it was more like I'll believe it when I hear Trump say it, in regards to it being legit that Biden won.

So they'll admit they are wrong when Trump admits he is wrong which so far has been never, I think.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On the hyperbolic side of things, did god die the day PA was called for Biden or will god die the day Biden does his old man jog into the WH?

I don't know about "god", but apparently, COVID is gone so there's that.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think it died Sunday while Biden was at mass and Trump was golfing. 

I didn't realize this until Saturday; Biden is Catholic, pretty proud and strong-practicing one as well.

So where TF did the whole, "Kill the Bible," shtick, come from?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I didn't realize this until Saturday; Biden is Catholic, pretty proud and strong-practicing one as well.

So where TF did the whole, "Kill the Bible," shtick, come from?

Yeah, evangelicals and some other Protestants don't exactly look fondly on Catholics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know about "god", but apparently, COVID is gone so there's that.  Mellow

Trump is still president for 71 days, but hey I'm sure he will gladly put aside his personal agenda and focus on the well-being of this country for the next 2 months and change, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is still president for 71 days, but hey I'm sure he will gladly put aside his personal agenda and focus on the well-being of this country for the next 2 months and change, right?

I don't know if you've heard, but there's supposedly a vaccine that is 90% effective and should be ready for distribution around January. I'd say we should give kudos to Trump but I know how many people can't give the man credit for ANYTHING, soooooooooooooo .... Mellow
Reply/Quote