Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden praises Newsome and Haley emerges
The country wants no Joe Biden or no Donald Trump. It appears Joe Biden sideswiped Kamala Harris today with an endorsement. Is he getting ready to bail or be thrown to the curb?

On the other side Nikki Haley is polling much better to beat Biden than Trump. Is it. time for a woman President? I am on record saying my vote is for any Republican who can win in 2024. As of latest polling, Trump, Desantis and Haley all beat Biden, but Haley by double digits can't be ignored.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
President Biden says something nice about the Governor of whatever state he happens to be in, that included Ron DeSantis when he was in Florida after a hurricane. You can't read too much into standard speech niceties.

So Haley has picked up some of Scott's support. She has a long way to go to overcome the polling support of Trump. Granted, people will often tell pollsters one thing and vote another way. We will see once the voting actually starts how solid that Trump-voting block actually is. Trump hasn't yet really turned on his hate speech towards her. The one thing he has been successful at is destroying the candidacy of his republican competitors.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If the GOP doesn’t go with Haley it might be the death of the party.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 07:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The country wants no Joe Biden or no Donald Trump. It appears Joe Biden sideswiped Kamala Harris today with an endorsement. Is he getting ready to bail or be thrown to the curb?

On the other side Nikki Haley is polling much better to beat Biden than Trump. Is it. time for a woman President? I am on record saying my vote is for any Republican who can win in 2024. As of latest polling, Trump, Desantis and Haley all beat Biden, but Haley by double digits can't be ignored.

Thoughts?

What possible scenario is there where the GOP can actually move on from Trump, though? I don't see a plausible way the GOP can shake Trump for 2024, and if he doesn't win in 2024 I'm not even sure they can shake him for 2028.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 07:31 PM)pally Wrote: President Biden says something nice about the Governor of whatever state he happens to be in, that included Ron DeSantis when he was in Florida after a hurricane.  You can't read too much into standard speech niceties.

So Haley has picked up some of Scott's support.  She has a long way to go to overcome the polling support of Trump.  Granted, people will often tell pollsters one thing and vote another way.  We will see once the voting actually starts how solid that Trump-voting block actually is.  Trump hasn't yet really turned on his hate speech towards her.  The one thing he has been successful at is destroying the candidacy of his republican competitors.

Trump has taken a few shots at Haley, but true he has not gone full force after her. I am not sure he can or will go after her. If I were Trump, I would partner with Haley, agree to give her any delegates won if he needs to bow out. If he stays, Nikki agrees to be his VP.

Scott has never polled about 3% Nationally so not a lot of support to pick up. Scott only has one state he polls well, SC at 10%, nationally only 2% in last 30 days.

But yes, it will take Trump actually in jail for him to lose, even then he may win the GOP nomination. It is hard to believe, but no law against a felon being POTUS. 

Biden never said DeSantis would make a great POTUS. Heck, I don't think he has said Harris would make a great president even though he has called her President Harris on at least 6 occasions in public.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 08:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If the GOP doesn’t go with Haley it might be the death of the party.

I have heard the death of the party on both sides, neither party will die especially in 2024 when the economy just flat out sucks which favors the GOP.

The GOP is Trump's party and has been since 2015, they have not died at all.

Reply/Quote