Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.89 Average
Biden's Lost And Not Respected
(04-06-2022, 10:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Until then, we should go back to the days where we make fun of any and all current president. Looking at you, SNL, Colbert, Meyers, etc. This was a staple and it’s gone away in this shitty country and yes it makes me feel like a victim.

So on topic, Biden’s lost and not respected and walks like Borat for some reason.

That’s just the psychological effects of the rightwing media war on America making you feel like a victim.

https://youtu.be/D1J8t97gPW4
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s just the psychological effects of the rightwing media war on America making you feel like a victim.

https://youtu.be/D1J8t97gPW4

Can’t tell if you’re joking about my dumb joke, but for your sake I hope you are.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pesky Fox News at it again. They should really try to call it down the middle like their counterparts at literally every other mainstream outlet, IMO.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 
Reply/Quote
It cracks me up listening to liberals rail against Fox News. First, when watching Fox you have to be smart enough to discern their news shows from their opinion shows. Second, as Biden's poll number are reaching an all time low for a sitting President, Fox has by far the largest audience of any cable news show. Seems to me the general public is awakening to the fact CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC etc have been lying to them overtly, as well as lying to them by omission of certain stories. So keep bashing Fox and sit in the dark getting your "news" from elsewhere. Come January you will be wondering what happened.... Wink
BTW..... the new head guy at CNN has admitted his channel has been too left and lost credibility. He's says he's going to attempt to take it back to the way it started, straight news. That would be refreshing.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It cracks me up listening to liberals rail against Fox News. First, when watching Fox you have to be smart enough to discern their news shows from their opinion shows. Second, as Biden's poll number are reaching an all time low for a sitting President, Fox has by far the largest audience of any cable news show. Seems to me the general public is awakening to the fact CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC etc have been lying to them overtly, as well as lying to them by omission of certain stories. So keep bashing Fox and sit in the dark getting your "news" from elsewhere. Come January you will be wondering what happened.... Wink
BTW..... the new head guy at CNN has admitted his channel has been too left and lost credibility. He's says he's going to attempt to take it back to the way it started, straight news. That would be refreshing.

So far he still the second lowest at this point in his term.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: This isn't really about your post but it was kind of a jumping off point for me so I apologize in advance.

Brad posts about something was started in first place because a twitter account, GOP Research (lol) posted just the 13 seconds and then FOX picked up on it and amplified it on two of the mainstay shows.

It's clearly debunked.

But the idea that somehow that means all the other mainstream outlets never get news wrong, or that MSNBC doesn't spin things or CNN or whomever isn't a defense of FOX doing it...again.

If the other mainstream outlets do something that can be clearly disproven then we should have threads about them too.  Or a big thread with all the disproven stories.

Much like the TN law thread.  That is a specific thread about that law and how bad it is but some people want to say "well other places are worse!!! why don't we see threads about them?!?!"  As if there is some magical force that prevents anyone from posting any thread they want.  

Or the Hunter Biden thread where we can't even say a rich white guy might have done something shady because "black people do shady things too!!!".

It's silly.  If anyone wants to post something they believe in or want to discuss from anywhere along the political spectrum I am all for it.  Versus complaining about what IS posted and asking why the poster didn't post something else.

Just my two cents.  

And he does kind of walk like Borat!  Maybe it's all the bicycle riding?  Cool

It wasn't debunked and I pointed that out! They say it was but provide no video evidence!
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: So far he still the second lowest at this point in his term.  Smirk

I saw someone else saying that Biden had "officially" hit the all-time lowest rating for a President and I was confused. I think what is going on is one of the news channels is just using a specific poll where Biden is probably polling lower than Trump did but an overall aggregation of the data doesn't have Biden that low. Of course, when I had this conversation a couple of days ago, the person just started laughing and saying I was making excuses for Biden but I was just trying to explain that there is no single poll for looking at approval ratings. It's an aggregate, so one poll doesn't tell you anything. Trumps worst single poll approval rating was 34%, but he never polled that low overall. The lowest he got was 36%. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:33 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I saw someone else saying that Biden had "officially" hit the all-time lowest rating for a President and I was confused. I think what is going on is one of the news channels is just using a specific poll where Biden is probably polling lower than Trump did but an overall aggregation of the data doesn't have Biden that low. Of course, when I had this conversation a couple of days ago, the person just started laughing and saying I was making excuses for Biden but I was just trying to explain that there is no single poll for looking at approval ratings. It's an aggregate, so one poll doesn't tell you anything. Trumps worst single poll approval rating was 34%, but he never polled that low overall. The lowest he got was 36%. 

Pretty cool to think we might be looking at a 3rd election in a row where both choices are under water in terms of approval ratings.  It'd be like watching the Jaguars and the Lions play in the SB. 

Solid. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Pretty cool to think we might be looking at a 3rd election in a row where both choices are under water in terms of approval ratings.  It'd be like watching the Jaguars and the Lions play in the SB. 

Solid. 

I don't think we have a clue who is going to run on the GOP ticket. Trump's making noise about it, but I don't think he'll do it. Haley is making noise about running, as are Abbott and DeSantis. I wouldn't place a bet yet on the top of the ticket, but I'm thinking Tim Scott will be VP.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Pretty cool to think we might be looking at a 3rd election in a row where both choices are under water in terms of approval ratings.  It'd be like watching the Jaguars and the Lions play in the SB. 

Solid. 

Yeah, it's pretty great. Trump will be 79 and Biden 80+. Fantastic candidates to run the country. I would really like to see some younger guys take the front again. Obama took office at the perfect age, 47. He was young and energetic enough to keep up with the demands but experienced enough to have a firm grasp on the presidency. I'm not sure who the top candidates would be in that respect, regarding age. It'd probably be DeSantis and Buttigieg. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:43 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, it's pretty great. Trump will be 79 and Biden 80+. Fantastic candidates to run the country. I would really like to see some younger guys take the front again. Obama took office at the perfect age, 47. He was young and energetic enough to keep up with the demands but experienced enough to have a firm grasp on the presidency. I'm not sure who the top candidates would be in that respect, regarding age. It'd probably be DeSantis and Buttigieg. 

Enter Ron DeSantis but Trump won’t be able to help but Leroy Jenkins the entire process with the subtlety of a maul to the forehead.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think we have a clue who is going to run on the GOP ticket. Trump's making noise about it, but I don't think he'll do it. Haley is making noise about running, as are Abbott and DeSantis. I wouldn't place a bet yet on the top of the ticket, but I'm thinking Tim Scott will be VP.

Ida know, Trump doesn't seem like the kind of guy who will let this thing go and I don't see anyone standing up to him.  He's the GOP until he dies and even then people are going to assume he faked his death or something. 

The toothpaste ain't going back in this tube. 

I still think 2024 is Trump vs Biden/Harris/Hillary and the fact that we can't say it won't be is daunting. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:43 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, it's pretty great. Trump will be 79 and Biden 80+. Fantastic candidates to run the country. I would really like to see some younger guys take the front again. Obama took office at the perfect age, 47. He was young and energetic enough to keep up with the demands but experienced enough to have a firm grasp on the presidency. I'm not sure who the top candidates would be in that respect, regarding age. It'd probably be DeSantis and Buttigieg. 

I'm still waiting on anyone to be able to tell me what experience Obama had before coming into office. He never held public office, he never ran a company, he wasn't an actor (lol). Exactly what experience did he have other than a dubious law degree?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm still waiting on anyone to be able to tell me what experience Obama had before coming into office. He never held public office, he never ran a company, he wasn't an actor (lol). Exactly what experience did he have other than a dubious law degree?

He was born in a disadvantaged position and pulled himself up by his bootstraps.  American dream stuff there.  
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm still waiting on anyone to be able to tell me what experience Obama had before coming into office. He never held public office, he never ran a company, he wasn't an actor (lol). Exactly what experience did he have other than a dubious law degree?

This could be a learning opportunity for me here, but Obama had been a senator for eleven years when he was elected as POTUS. Is a Senator not considered a public official holding public office? Genuine question.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He was born in a disadvantaged position and pulled himself up by his bootstraps.  American dream stuff there.  

What disadvantage position? He was born to two college educated parents, his father obtaining a Masters at Harvard. When he died, his mother remarried another grad student. She held a Doctorate Degree. He went to Ivy league schools. Or are you simply referring to the fact he was mixed race, because he was not some poor kid born into nothing.

Quote:At the age of six, Obama and his mother had moved to Indonesia to join his stepfather. From age six to ten, he attended local Indonesian-language schools: Sekolah Dasar Katolik Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School) for two years and Sekolah Dasar Negeri Menteng 01 (State Elementary School Menteng 01) for one and a half years, supplemented by English-language Calvert School homeschooling by his mother.[30][31] As a result of his four years in Jakarta, he was able to speak Indonesian fluently as a child.[32][33][34] During his time in Indonesia, Obama's stepfather taught him to be resilient and gave him "a pretty hardheaded assessment of how the world works."[35]

In 1971, Obama returned to 
Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents, Madelyn and Stanley Dunham. He attended Punahou School—a private college preparatory school—with the aid of a scholarship from fifth grade until he graduated from high school in 1979.[36] In his youth, Obama went by the nickname "Barry".[37] Obama lived with his mother and half-sister, Maya Soetoro, in Hawaii for three years from 1972 to 1975 while his mother was a graduate student in anthropology at the University of Hawaii.
 His mother spent most of the next two decades in Indonesia, divorcing Lolo in 1980 and earning PhD degree in 1992

After graduating from high school in 1979, Obama moved to Los Angeles to attend Occidental College on a full scholarship. 

Later in 1981, he transferred to Columbia University in New York City as a junior, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations[46] and in English literature[47] and lived off-campus on West 109th Street.[48] He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1983 and a 3.7 GPA.
Despite being offered a full scholarship to Northwestern University School of Law, Obama enrolled at Harvard Law School in the fall of 1988, living in nearby Somerville, Massachusetts
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 10:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What disadvantage position? He was born to two college educated parents, his father obtaining a Masters at Harvard. When he died, his mother remarried another grad student. She held a Doctorate Degree. He went to Ivy league schools. Or are you simply referring to the fact he was mixed race, because he was not some poor kid born into nothing.

He was born in Kenya. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 10:01 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This could be a learning opportunity for me here, but Obama had been a senator for eleven years when he was elected as POTUS. Is a Senator not considered a public official holding public office? Genuine question.

genuinely think this is a learning opportunity for someone else.
Reply/Quote

DAMN REPTILIAN SHAPE SHIFTER!

Reply/Quote
ANy french president would kill for a 41% approval rating.

In 2016, François Hollande was at 4% lol ...

https://www.france24.com/en/mediawatch/20161025-record-low-hollande-with-4-approval-rating

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote