Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.89 Average
Biden's Lost And Not Respected
(04-07-2022, 11:48 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: ANy french president would kill for a 41% approval rating.

In 2016, François Hollande was at 4% lol ...

https://www.france24.com/en/mediawatch/20161025-record-low-hollande-with-4-approval-rating

Our country could never reach that kind of unity. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 10:01 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This could be a learning opportunity for me here, but Obama had been a senator for eleven years when he was elected as POTUS. Is a Senator not considered a public official holding public office? Genuine question.

Ok, got me, I forgot he was a Senator. That really does not impress me though when you look at some of the Senators certain parts of the country elect.
Still waiting to hear how he was disadvantaged?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, got me, I forgot he was a Senator. That really does not impress me though when you look at some of the Senators certain parts of the country elect.

I wasn't the one claiming he was disadvantaged, and I think the poster who did say that was being a little cheeky. Not sure, though. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Still waiting to hear how he was disadvantaged?

He was born with a race and name through no fault of his own that assisted in millions of Americans to being convinced with no proof at all that he was born in Kenya and had dangerous ties to radical sects of Islam.

Though, statistically speaking the above is still less of a disadvantage than being a woman when it comes to being president. 

I will admit that I never really looked into the specifics of his life and I was off base in the sense that I normally only compared his life situation to that of republican contemporaries like George W Bush and Trump.  It's just the idea that republicans say they love a self-made man but can't help but fall in love with legacy billionaires.

(04-07-2022, 12:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I wasn't the one claiming he was disadvantaged, and I think the poster who did say that was being a little cheeky. Not sure, though. 

God help me, I'm cheekier than an ad for thongs. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, got me, I forgot he was a Senator. That really does not impress me though when you look at some of the Senators certain parts of the country elect.

I might be wrong because I'm a foreigner but weren't George W Bush and Clinton 'just' senators too ? What is the other position you can have which is superior to senator in the public service in the USA ?

What were public qualification of DJT before he took office except for 'The Apprentice' ?

What do you expect for a president as a background to be legit because even Vice President isn't enough ? 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 02:27 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I might be wrong because I'm a foreigner but weren't George W Bush and Clinton 'just' senators too ? What is the other position you can have which is superior to senator in the public service in the USA ?

What were public qualification of DJT before he took office except for 'The Apprentice' ?

What do you expect for a president as a background to be legit because even Vice President isn't enough ? 

You are wrong. GW Bush and Bill Clinton were both Governors of their respective states, Bush being Texas and Clinton being Arkansas. That's holding the top Executive Office at the State level and dealing with a lot of the same issues Presidents deal with on the Federal level. It's also why more Presidents were ex Governors and not Senators. Senators don't run anything, all they do is vote on bills. 

Trump ran a multi-billion dollar corporation, again, the top executive position. 

And actually ex Vice Presidents usually make good Presidents, even though they do very little as VPs...... unless the have dementia.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I mistook senator and governor.

Trump inherited his fortune, nothing fancy.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:27 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Oh yeah. It’s definitely Fox News, OAN, and Newsmaxs fault his approval rating is in the shitter.

Edit: Now imagine what it would be if the rest of em didn’t carry him like he’s Bernie and it’s the Weekend.

I think Biden's biggest problem is he has a very small actual supporter base. There's the people on the right that obviously hate him but then there are the people on the left and center left who also hate him. So the only people who would really say they "approve" of what he's doing are the centrist liberals who don't want the system to change at all, like Stephen Colbert (Mr "You can raise the gas prices to 15 dollars a gallon and I won't mind because I drive a tesla!").

He was only elected because the alternative was so vile that the majority of the left and some of the right just said "**** it, vote whoever. We can't have this garbage pile Trump as president for 4 more years."

This is not really replicated on the right. Trump is probably the furthest right politician in America (Although DeSantis appears to be making a run at the title) and everyone further right than him, like the Proud Boys and Neo Nazi groups, openly praise him because he is making extreme right wing politics more socially acceptable.

There is no Trump (and, in this context, I mean a successful politician on the fringes of the party that both has the majority support of the party and emboldens the extreme portions of the party) for the Democrats. You could argue Bernie, maybe, but he has never really gained much traction nationally, only having a one month surge in the 2020 race and being snuffed out by super delegates in 2016.

It's just a shame what American politics have come to...
Reply/Quote
I was thinking about that the other day. 2024 would be the perfect time for an independent to make the move.

Just non stop ads. “Ready for a change? The two party system is broken. If you are sick of politicians like this (show trump and Biden) then vote for me.”

And not no libertarian who wants to eliminate government or Green Party Russian plants (or Kanye wests) to steal votes from the opponent. A middle of the road moderate with intelligence, common sense, humility, grace, manners, and integrity.

God what a dream
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Can’t tell if you’re joking about my dumb joke, but for your sake I hope you are.

Dead serious.

I grew up watching Bill O reilly. Watched the birth of Glenn Beck, hannity, the blaze, info wars etc... Occasionally turn on talk radio. 

I never fell for their bullshit. Seen many that have. They don't give a shit about you or America. They care about fame and fortune.

Fox news invented the attacks on "main stream media". They are as main stream as it gets. Tucker, Hannity, Judge janine, Ingraham are some of the most hateful and divisive people on TV. And also some of the most watched.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 07:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dead serious.

I grew up watching Bill O reilly. Watched the birth of Glenn Beck, hannity, the blaze, info wars etc... Occasionally turn on talk radio. 

I never fell for their bullshit. Seen many that have. They don't give a shit about you or America. They care about fame and fortune.

Fox news invented the attacks on "main stream media". They are as main stream as it gets. Tucker, Hannity, Judge janine, Ingraham are some of the most hateful and divisive people on TV. And also some of the most watched.

That’s cool and all, but I consume literally zero of the above.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 04:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Biden's biggest problem is he has a very small actual supporter base. There's the people on the right that obviously hate him but then there are the people on the left and center left who also hate him. So the only people who would really say they "approve" of what he's doing are the centrist liberals who don't want the system to change at all, like Stephen Colbert (Mr "You can raise the gas prices to 15 dollars a gallon and I won't mind because I drive a tesla!").

He was only elected because the alternative was so vile that the majority of the left and some of the right just said "**** it, vote whoever. We can't have this garbage pile Trump as president for 4 more years."

This is not really replicated on the right. Trump is probably the furthest right politician in America (Although DeSantis appears to be making a run at the title) and everyone further right than him, like the Proud Boys and Neo Nazi groups, openly praise him because he is making extreme right wing politics more socially acceptable.

There is no Trump (and, in this context, I mean a successful politician on the fringes of the party that both has the majority support of the party and emboldens the extreme portions of the party) for the Democrats. You could argue Bernie, maybe, but he has never really gained much traction nationally, only having a one month surge in the 2020 race and being snuffed out by super delegates in 2016.

Pretty much 100% agreed on everything you said. Not a Biden guy, but . . . between Biden and Trump, Full Support to Biden.

If Trump wasn't so incredibly stupid and didn't have a Domestic Policy that appeared to be "Wake up . . . Tweet something to piss off the Libs today". The scumbag racists and bigots that he kept appealing to didn't have another candidate in the race. He wound up putting off enough swing voters and Republicans to keep him out of office only because he was interested in keeping his base happy even though they had no one else to choose from. Had he been more moderate and not so ridiculous on Covid, he'd be in his second term right now, but thankfully he was too stupid to see all of that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 04:50 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Yes, I mistook senator and governor.

Trump inherited his fortune, nothing fancy.

Trump inherited millions and turned it into Billions. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 04:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Biden's biggest problem is he has a very small actual supporter base. There's the people on the right that obviously hate him but then there are the people on the left and center left who also hate him. So the only people who would really say they "approve" of what he's doing are the centrist liberals who don't want the system to change at all, like Stephen Colbert (Mr "You can raise the gas prices to 15 dollars a gallon and I won't mind because I drive a tesla!").

The sad part is the Democrats actually had a good candidate they could have put up with Tulsi Gabbard. I don't agree with her on a lot of things, but she is right about a lot of things. Of course, when she started climbing the polls Killary said she was a Russian asset and Democrats believed her (Sound familiar) and she fell right off the cliff. And the GOP had good candidates they could have voted for other than Trump. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Trump inherited millions and turned it into Billions. 

I inherited $0 and I have a lot more than 1000 times more than $0 now.  Like, infinitely more than $0 times 1000.  I should write a book.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I inherited $0 and I have a lot more than 1000 times more than $0 now.  Like, infinitely more than $0 times 1000.  I should write a book.  
 Sure, go ahead.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Trump inherited millions and turned it into Billions. 

DJT inherited millions, ran multiple ventures into bankruptcy but daddy bailed him out and he got a bunch of property that he leveraged through false bank filings to borrow millions more.

His actual value is unknown as he refuses to release any information.

But as long as people believe him, right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 09:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  Sure, go ahead.

You called my bluff.  I don't have the money to buy a bunch of copies and finagle it onto the best sellers list. 
Reply/Quote

Almost everything Trump has touched lately from a financial point of view has been a financial disaster.  He gets others to invest billions, he takes his fees and salaries in the form of 10's of millions of dollars for putting the deal together, then walks away with all his money when the deal is done with whatever crap he threw together falling into financial ruin eventually.

He thwarts his unhappy investors by burying them in litigation.  He has even written a book specifically on lying and litigation to keep ones enemies at bay.  He is a modern day snake oil salesman in a fancy suit with a bad haircut.  And people just lap it up.

He can't stop telling the big lie about the election because that's his MO.  Keep telling a lie long enough and with enough vehemence and people will believe it.  Again, this is in his book.  The problem is that fewer and fewer people believe the big lie every day, because it simply isn't true.  

Trump's success is lies, shams and charisma protected by lawyers more lies and more charisma.  And if that is the kind of success people in our country crave for themselves, then we are truly doomed.
Reply/Quote
Trump seemed to handle running the country better than the current administration
Reply/Quote