Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Press Conference!
He just said "I was instructed to call on.........."

Do his handlers not tell him that he shouldn't make it so obvious that this was all set up beforehand or is he just so out of it that he forgets?!
Reply/Quote
And now he's blaming Trump for everything.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if it's refreshing or funny seeing Joe not care to put on the charade when we all know that every single press secretary advises the president on who to call on for a softball.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 07:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know if it's refreshing or funny seeing Joe not care to put on the charade when we all know that every single press secretary advises the president on who to call on for a softball.

Rolleyes

There you go again.  Making a claim with no evidence.  

I'm pretty sure the media usually tried to trap Trump and he called on people at will.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 07:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes

I'm pretty sure the media usually tried to trap Trump and he called on people at will.

Brad, it's true.  His "handlers" never allow him to field any actual, tough questions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Brad, it's true.  His "handlers" never allow him to field any actual, tough questions.

Jen Psaki takes a lot more questions and makes a lot more public addresses than Biden does.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Jen Psaki takes a lot more questions and makes a lot more public addresses than Biden does.

Almost as if that's her job and he's got other things to do that don't involve rage tweeting and pounding hamberders and diet Cokes.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Almost as if that's her job and he's got other things to do that don't involve rage tweeting and pounding hamberders and diet Cokes.

What else has he been doing?  Shouldn't his focus be on this crisis?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What else has he been doing?  Shouldn't his focus be on this crisis?

You know that he has meetings behind closed doors with military and intelligence commanders, right? What makes you think he's not handling (botching) it? Not everything the president does has - or even should - be in the public eye (for security purposes depending on the task at hand).

You don't hire someone to deal with the press if you're going to be doing all of it yourself.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Almost as if that's her job and he's got other things to do that don't involve rage tweeting and pounding hamberders and diet Cokes.

I have to say, I got a legitimate laugh out of this response.  Well played.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:49 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You know that he has meetings behind closed doors with military and intelligence commanders, right? What makes you think he's not handling (botching) it? Not everything the president does has - or even should - be in the public eye (for security purposes depending on the task at hand).

You don't hire someone to deal with the press if you're going to be doing all of it yourself.

That might be believable if he weren't showing signs of dementia and staying out of the public eye.  If he were doing all that, we'd be hearing about it.

He just pulled out of Afganistan, so what's he meeting with military commanders about?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 10:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He just pulled out of Afganistan, so what's he meeting with military commanders about?

The important stuff: Ibram X. Kendi being required reading for special ops, maternity fatigues for infantry, and transgender pizza parties for recruiting stations. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Luckily we have a crack reporter to let us know when Biden has a runny nose. You just gonna' let him off for lying about an 18 wheeler? I think I saw a spot on his suit Brad. Better start a thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 07:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know if it's refreshing or funny seeing Joe not care to put on the charade when we all know that every single press secretary advises the president on who to call on for a softball.

It is interesting. This sort of thing was an open secret. Those with a modicum of understanding of how these things work knew that when a POTUS goes in front of the press, they do so being given instructions by their comms team on who to call on and what not. It's almost like because the prior administration just abandoned all norms, this administration feels like being open about things that weren't really out in the open but weren't really secret is a good way to go.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 10:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That might be believable if he weren't showing signs of dementia and staying out of the public eye.  If he were doing all that, we'd be hearing about it.

He just pulled out of Afganistan, so what's he meeting with military commanders about?

Actually we wouldn't. Much of the minutia of the presidential branch doesn't get reported on when the PotUS isn't a raving lunatic, despite what the last 4 years have shown us.

Oh I don't know Brad - maybe the fact that some Americans were killed at Kabul's airport yesterday. But you're right - I'm sure a response to that wouldn't involve ANYONE from the military.
Reply/Quote
OMG!  OMG!  OMG!!!  The President just took a dump in the Lincoln's Room restroom instead of the West Wing's restroom.  Oh the Horror!  Oh the monstrosity that is this current POTUS.  How dare he defecate on such an historical privy.  

And rumors are swirling he had to flush twice....Faux News is sending in a correspondent to verify the these latest rumors.  Stay tuned for more details. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
It is funny to watch the reactions to Brad posting every little thing about Biden.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 11:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It is funny to watch the reactions to Brad posting every little thing about Biden.

It is funnier watching people be so delusional that they defend a man with clear dementia.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 07:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes

Brad, I've taught government for over a decade. Somethings are just common knowledge. This isn't a "claim" that needs "evidence". This is literally just how every single administration functions.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 03:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Brad, I've taught government for over a decade. Somethings are just common knowledge. This isn't a "claim" that needs "evidence". This is literally just how every single administration functions.

Ok, so you've taught government for over a decade and when has it ever been obvious that this situation has occurred under any other President?
Reply/Quote