Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Press Conference!
(08-29-2021, 06:46 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And furthermore, it's exactly THIS kind of thinking that pushes us away from unification.  Might I guess whom you voted for in the recent election?  Both parties are majorly flawed.  The ONLY way to get things back on track is to stop with the name calling and chest thumping.

Good lord, dude, you're calling the VP of The United States incompetent.  What was you're take on Trump?  We have to all meet in the damn middle.

In principle I agree that we should be able to meet in the middle, make concessions, reach agreements.

In practice there are some (many?)  things that does not work for.  Trying to appease both sides on slavery didn't work...and should not have been an option, for example.  

Back when I was asked to try and understand where Trump supporters are coming from I noted that it doesn't matter because they will not change.  They do not care about the truth or facts they care about what they already believe.   There is no "middle" to go to from "Biden has dementia and Harris is incompetent and no one likes her".  

Can we agree that all politicians have flaws and will not make everyone happy?  Sure.  But the vitriol doesn't have a middle.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 06:46 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And furthermore, it's exactly THIS kind of thinking that pushes us away from unification.  Might I guess whom you voted for in the recent election?  Both parties are majorly flawed.  The ONLY way to get things back on track is to stop with the name calling and chest thumping.

Good lord, dude, you're calling the VP of The United States incompetent.  What was you're take on Trump?  We have to all meet in the damn middle.

Curious, did you "meet in the middle" when it came to Trump and his adminstration?

Fwiw, I just searched your username with the keyword Trump.  I just clicked on a random post (there were dozens upon dozens) and you called him "the worst president of all time" and an "asshole".  So I find it a bit odd you would take such offense to CarolinaBengalGuy calling the VP of the United States "incompetent", as if that's somehow something we should be above.  You clearly aren't.

This kind of remind of a poster earlier that mocked Brad for looking for things like this press conference to critique, making a mountain out of a molehill if you will.  (The poster said something like Brad's next post will be about Biden using the wrong bathroom and Faux News covering it)  That might be a decent gag had we not gone through 4 years of so many people looking for anything to rip on.

Examples: 

-Trump serves McDonald's to college kids.  What kind of idiot thinks college kids like McDonalds?  Meanwhile, I'm guessing if Obama did this is would somehow be spun as him being cool and knowing kids don't want a hoity toity meal.  He'd be just a cool regular dude whereas Trump is moronic hillbilly for letting teenagers and early 20 old's eat some Big Macs.

-Melania changed the Rose Garden!!!!  Oh my God!  What a stupid *****!

-Did you see Melania's Christmas decorations?  Did you see Melania's jacket?  Did you see the way Melania looked at Trump for the 1/4 of a second in that 20 minute clip???

-Trump used a handrail while walking down a rainy ramp!!!  This guy is falling apart!!!

-Trump called Isis-K Isis-X.  Can you believe this idiot?  (Meanwhile, Biden could call Iran Iraq, Brad could make the same essentially comment another poster makes and he'll be patronized by a simple slip of the tongue or an honest mistake.

I'm sorry, I just find this all pretty funny.  Brad getting ridiculed for things that people did 10x as much for a full 4 years.  Day after day after day....  Now you're offended that someone spoke about the VP this way, and preaching the importance of "meeting in the middle."  Some of you can't be serious, right?  Talk about having your cake and eating it too.
Reply/Quote
I am going to be frank: **** meeting in "the middle."

The Overton Window has been moved so much by the GOP that the middle according to them is solidly right wing. Liberals in this country are center-right, maybe centrist on a good day. Meeting the GOP in what they define as the middle is just conceding to them and their tactics. **** that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am going to be frank: **** meeting in "the middle."

The Overton Window has been moved so much by the GOP that the middle according to them is solidly right wing. Liberals in this country are center-right, maybe centrist on a good day. Meeting the GOP in what they define as the middle is just conceding to them and their tactics. **** that.

Agreed.  When two parties agree to meet in the middle there is a 3rd party mediating where "the middle" actually is.  Our political system is so rife with hyperbolic rhetoric that you can't attempt to meet in the middle with people who are convinced Joe Biden is a communist who is simultaneously enforcing Nazi-style fascism.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  When two parties agree to meet in the middle there is a 3rd party mediating where "the middle" actually is.  Our political system is so rife with hyperbolic rhetoric that you can't attempt to meet in the middle with people who are convinced Joe Biden is a communist who is simultaneously enforcing Nazi-style fascism.

Goodness knows what they'd think of the men in my signature.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Goodness knows what they'd think of the men in my signature.

Let me see if I can guess..

---Teddy was a badass republican who was all about guns and adventure.  In his day progress and progressivism was a good thing, but it's been perverted since then and has gone too far.  Much like the Amish feel about 6th grade educations and technology from the 1800s, the neo-con evangelical types accept progress up to a point that suits them and then declares anything more to be dangerous.

------FDR was a communist dictator who got in the way of the plan that Harding/Coolidge/Hoover enacted that was just about to pay off.  WWII beat the great depression, not FDR.  CCC?  More like the "No, siree" amirite?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If he completely loses it, I will gladly call for him to resign. 

How much worse does he have to get for you to say he's completely lost it?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 01:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How much worse does he have to get for you to say he's completely lost it?

On a scale from "not care to hide that his comms team made a list of reporters to call on" to "tweeting in all caps that you won the election after losing it", I'm gonna say somewhere around "ask if we can nuke hurricanes". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:37 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Curious, did you "meet in the middle" when it came to Trump and his adminstration?

Fwiw, I just searched your username with the keyword Trump.  I just clicked on a random post (there were dozens upon dozens) and you called him "the worst president of all time" and an "asshole".  So I find it a bit odd you would take such offense to CarolinaBengalGuy calling the VP of the United States "incompetent", as if that's somehow something we should be above.  You clearly aren't.

This kind of remind of a poster earlier that mocked Brad for looking for things like this press conference to critique, making a mountain out of a molehill if you will.  (The poster said something like Brad's next post will be about Biden using the wrong bathroom and Faux News covering it)  That might be a decent gag had we not gone through 4 years of so many people looking for anything to rip on.

Examples: 

-Trump serves McDonald's to college kids.  What kind of idiot thinks college kids like McDonalds?  Meanwhile, I'm guessing if Obama did this is would somehow be spun as him being cool and knowing kids don't want a hoity toity meal.  He'd be just a cool regular dude whereas Trump is moronic hillbilly for letting teenagers and early 20 old's eat some Big Macs.

-Melania changed the Rose Garden!!!!  Oh my God!  What a stupid *****!

-Did you see Melania's Christmas decorations?  Did you see Melania's jacket?  Did you see the way Melania looked at Trump for the 1/4 of a second in that 20 minute clip???

-Trump used a handrail while walking down a rainy ramp!!!  This guy is falling apart!!!

-Trump called Isis-K Isis-X.  Can you believe this idiot?  (Meanwhile, Biden could call Iran Iraq, Brad could make the same essentially comment another poster makes and he'll be patronized by a simple slip of the tongue or an honest mistake.

I'm sorry, I just find this all pretty funny.  Brad getting ridiculed for things that people did 10x as much for a full 4 years.  Day after day after day....  Now you're offended that someone spoke about the VP this way, and preaching the importance of "meeting in the middle."  Some of you can't be serious, right?  Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Never mind.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 04:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: On a scale from "not care to hide that his comms team made a list of reporters to call on" to "tweeting in all caps that you won the election after losing it", I'm gonna say somewhere around "ask if we can nuke hurricanes". 

Once again avoiding the question, joking, and being sarcastic.

You wouldn't have to do that if you didn't know that Biden's not mentally competent.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 05:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again avoiding the question, joking, and being sarcastic.

You wouldn't have to do that if you didn't know that Biden's not mentally competent.

I answered your question using benchmarks demonstrated by presidents over the last 4 years, you just didn't like my answer because it exposed how unfit Trump was and the lengths you've gone to to excuse his unfit behavior.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I answered your question using benchmarks demonstrated by presidents over the last 4 years, you just didn't like my answer because it exposed how unfit Trump was and the lengths you've gone to to excuse his unfit behavior.

Trump wasn't unfit.

Making you uncomfortable and not bowing to the masses doesn't make someone unfit to be president.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Making you uncomfortable and not bowing to the masses doesn't make someone unfit to be president.  

but asking if we can nuke hurricanes, defending Neo Nazis, and trying to overturn an election he lost does. 

So once I see Biden enter that arena, I will do what I did for Trump and call for him to be removed. 

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: but asking if we can nuke hurricanes, defending Neo Nazis, and trying to overturn an election he lost does. 

So once I see Biden enter that arena, I will do what I did for Trump and call for him to be removed. 

The nuke a hurricane, he was just thinking of ways to stop one from hitting the US by destroying it in the eye.  What president is elected on their knowledge of weather?

Neo Nazis:

Quote:Trump drew criticism for his condemnation of “hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides” after a rally organized by a white nationalist in Charlottesville in 2017, and for saying there were “very fine people on both sides.” But, contrary to Biden’s claim, the president twice specifically condemned white supremacists and neo-Nazis, and he has repeated that condemnation since.

Fact checked as false.  You're obviously just grasping for straws.

He thought he was robbed, which he might have been, so what did you expect?  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The nuke a hurricane, he was just thinking of ways to stop one from hitting the US by destroying it in the eye.  What president is elected on their knowledge of weather?

Neo Nazis:

Fact checked as false.  You're obviously just grasping for straws.

He thought he was robbed, which he might have been, so what did you expect?  

You really trying to suggest that someone of sound mind would ask if we could nuke a hurricane?

Also, the fact check was on Biden saying that Trump never condemned Neo Nazis, not that Trump didn't defend them. As that very link notes, Trump said that his "very fine" comment referred to the protest the night before the violence. That protest, which was organized by Neo Nazis as a "way to end the Jewish influence over America" involved event organizers leading protestors in yelling "Blood and Soil" (a Nazi slogan) and "Jews will not replace us". So, yes, he did defend those Neo Nazis as "very fine people". 

And, no, he was not robbed and there was no evidence that he was. Trying to overturn an elect is behavior that makes someone unfit to be president. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You really trying to suggest that someone of sound mind would ask if we could nuke a hurricane?

Also, the fact check was on Biden saying that Trump never condemned Neo Nazis, not that Trump didn't defend them. As that very link notes, Trump said that his "very fine" comment referred to the protest the night before the violence. That protest, which was organized by Neo Nazis as a "way to end the Jewish influence over America" involved event organizers leading protestors in yelling "Blood and Soil" (a Nazi slogan) and "Jews will not replace us". So, yes, he did defend those Neo Nazis as "very fine people". 

And, no, he was not robbed and there was no evidence that he was. Trying to overturn an elect is behavior that makes someone unfit to be president. 

Quote:I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists, because they should be condemned totally

There's the rest of the neo-Nazi comment, so, either you didn't know what you were talking about or you're just using false claims to try and make an argument, which weakens your argument on a large scale.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You really trying to suggest that someone of sound mind would ask if we could nuke a hurricane?

And the nuke the hurricanes thing was actually first brought up by the Eisenhower administration.

Trump was just throwing out ideas.  Like I said, he wasn't elected to be a weatherman.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's the rest of the neo-Nazi comment, so, either you didn't know what you were talking about or you're just using false claims to try and make an argument, which weakens your argument on a large scale.

He was specifically talking about a Neo Nazi organized protest in which the people said "blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us".

Who was he referring to then if not Neo Nazis when he said "very fine people"?

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: And the nuke the hurricanes thing was actually first brought up by the Eisenhower administration.

Trump was just throwing out ideas.  Like I said, he wasn't elected to be a weatherman.  

The idea was dismissed in the 50's when it was first suggested by someone and has consistently been dismissed as not something that would work and as something that would cause a lot of issues. Be may not have been elected to be a weatherman, but he was elected to be in charge of our nuclear arsenal. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He was specifically talking about a Neo Nazi organized protest in which the people said "blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us".

Who was he referring to then if not Neo Nazis when he said "very fine people"?

Yeah, I've got to say, if you're marching with a bunch of people chanting Nazi shit, kind of hard to say you're not a Nazi.

Reply/Quote