Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biden's border attracting Chinese in huge numbers
(02-24-2024, 01:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It allowed 5000 illegal immigrant into US a day, interviews would take months/years as nothing guarnteed on how fast they can be interviewed. You surely did not esxpect them to interview 5000 illegal immigrants a day. The other issue is giving Biden control of the flow, he is the reason we have 10 million in the country now.

Sorry, Biden could have deterred stopped it just as Trump had done, but he lied and said he did not have the power to do it, yet he is considering attempting to stop the flow now. If he does it, he loses because Republicans were correct, he had the power to stop it immediately. If he does nothing, only Texas by itself deterred the flow from at one time 10,000 a day to yesterday 18.

So, Texas enforcement pushed them to the west with Arizona and California now getting the most.

Spin it all you like, but Biden stopped border policies that were working and sent them back to the last safe country they entered before the US to await asylum. How did Chinese get here? It had to be very expensive if they went by plane, how did they get the money to pay for it if the majority work for slave labor.

Most Chines are middle age men, where are the women and children?

5000 encounters not admissions. And the bill added judges so the ejudications would be faster.. wouldn’t a bill that gave you most of you wanted better than doing nothing. Because there is no way Trump will be able to get a bill through in his terms. He will never get 60 votes in the senate.

Have you ever looked at immigration history throughout time? Because if you had you would see that when families separate for immigration purposes it is inevitable the male head of household who comes first leaving the wife and kids behind. He gets work and sends money back home until they have enough for everyone else.

People are allowed to leave China you know. They get a legal visa to Mexico and then cross.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2024, 02:40 AM)pally Wrote: 5000 encounters not admissions.  And the bill added judges so the ejudications would be faster..  wouldn’t a bill that gave you most of you wanted better than doing nothing.  Because there is no way Trump will be able to get a bill through in his terms.  He will never get 60 votes in the senate.

Have you ever looked at immigration history throughout time?  Because if you had you would see that when families separate for immigration purposes it is inevitable the male head of household who comes first leaving the wife and kids behind.  He gets work and sends money back home until they have enough for everyone else.

People are allowed to leave China you know.  They get a legal visa to Mexico and then cross.

Those numbers mean nothing as they are limited in the number of days they can close the borders that rapidly decreases over a 3 year period (but still have to accept 1400 from ports of entry when it's triggered). Then on the 4th year it's back to 0 days of closed borders.

Adds more Judges?? It doesn't do that, it allows the USCIS to decide if someone is eligible for asylum, and by-passes the judicial process altogether (except for unaccompanied minors). That alone will speed up the whole process. 

This is not a permanent fix, it's a pass the buck along to someone else in 4 years type of thing.

Oh and in my years of dealing with the USCIS, if you don't have your sh*t together on the paperwork side, it's a nightmare with them sending RFI's (Requests For Information) that can add months in dealing with LEGAL applications and many asylee's do not have BC's or PPs or even Photo ID's proving they are who they say they are. Good Luck there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not bothering to read most of the posts in here, but I am just going to point out what is really attracting Chinese to our southern border. First, it's because Chinese citizens can easily get permission to travel to one of the South American countries, I forget which one, and then take the route that many border crossers take. Second, it is because the U.S. is still the land of dreams for many Chinese people. It is the place of opportunity in their minds. Lastly, and this is the one that makes me laugh with this discussion, it is because the U.S. is currently doing much better than China.

Now, don't get me wrong, we haven't changed much regarding our policies towards China since Trump left office. As much as Democrats like to call out Trump policies they left these pretty much untouched in recent years. What the difference is, though, is that we are just economically stomping their asses since COVID. Our GDP growth rate is outpacing their growth rate for the first time in decades. We used to see Chinese immigrants taking this path a long time ago and then it slowed down because China's economy started ramping up. Now, we're back on top economically and it is sparking this immigration once again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 07:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not bothering to read most of the posts in here, but I am just going to point out what is really attracting Chinese to our southern border. First, it's because Chinese citizens can easily get permission to travel to one of the South American countries, I forget which one, and then take the route that many border crossers take. Second, it is because the U.S. is still the land of dreams for many Chinese people. It is the place of opportunity in their minds. Lastly, and this is the one that makes me laugh with this discussion, it is because the U.S. is currently doing much better than China.

Now, don't get me wrong, we haven't changed much regarding our policies towards China since Trump left office. As much as Democrats like to call out Trump policies they left these pretty much untouched in recent years. What the difference is, though, is that we are just economically stomping their asses since COVID. Our GDP growth rate is outpacing their growth rate for the first time in decades. We used to see Chinese immigrants taking this path a long time ago and then it slowed down because China's economy started ramping up. Now, we're back on top economically and it is sparking this immigration once again.

The economy...always the great equalizer.  When the USA is doing economically well compared to the rest of the world crossings go up.  When we are struggling, they go down

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 11:27 AM)pally Wrote: The economy...always the great equalizer.  When the USA is doing economically well compared to the rest of the world crossings go up.  When we are struggling, they go down

And for years, perhaps decades, we allowed them to go back and forth.  Come here, help our economy, go home with the money they earned.

Then someone decided it was a bad thing and immigrants got trapped here and had to start sneaking more and more.  The more they sneak the more it is seen as a bad thing. And the cycle continues.

I think one problem is we worry some day a group will take our land like we took others.

https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall/story/us-mexico-border-history/510833001/

But all these people want to do is work.  Something Americans apparently don't want to do anymore.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: And for years, perhaps decades, we allowed them to go back and forth.  Come here, help our economy, go home with the money they earned.

Then someone decided it was a bad thing and immigrants got trapped here and had to start sneaking more and more.  The more they sneak the more it is seen as a bad thing. And the cycle continues.

I think one problem is we worry some day a group will take our land like we took others.

But all these people want to do is work.  Something Americans apparently don't want to do anymore.  Mellow

I follow some of your logic here, but how are immigrants "trapped here"?  Also, border concerns don't just have to do with immigration, it has to do with smuggling.  We hear a lot from the left about how we heave to do something about gun violence, while fentanyl overdoses kill considerably more people a year than gun violence.  It's enough to make a person wonder if public safety is really the motivation at work here.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: And for years, perhaps decades, we allowed them to go back and forth.  Come here, help our economy, go home with the money they earned.

Well if that bill gets passed people will be out of jobs.
The Dems want give asylum seekers a 2 year work visa so they can start working immediately before they are fully vetted. 
The way i see that is just another Incentive to come here work, hope you can stay and if not, leave and repeat the process.  

For all of you blame the Repubs talk, there is alot in this bill that even I am against. And what's going to happen in that 4th year when DHS can't shut the borders down? 

I'm beginning to wonder just who has actually read the whole thing, i admit i haven't read the whole thing yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote