Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden's infrastruture bill is not being executed.
Democrats and Biden in their haste to appease the left once again duped the voters. Car makers are losing billions, consumers want to switch back to gasoline powered engines. Biden was given over 7 billion to add electric changing station years ago in the infrastructure bill, he has added 8, yes 8 charging stations in the US.

He was also given in the infrastructure bill 42.5 billion to improve broad band internet access for the lower income in cities and for those who do not have it in rural areas. He has not added any access years later.

What has he done with the 3 trillion for the infrastructure bill?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/nearly-half-american-ev-owners-want-switch-back-gas-powered-vehicle-mckinsey-data-shows

Nearly half of American EV owners want to switch back to gas-powered vehicle, McKinsey data shows
Major share of US EV owners have buyer's remorse
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
And now the crackheads are stealing the charging cables, to recycle the copper.

https://apnews.com/article/electric-vehicles-charging-cables-stolen-copper-tesla-5f003686cade63fade2e8d7dd3402f3a

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 10:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And now the crackheads are stealing the charging cables, to recycle the copper.

https://apnews.com/article/electric-vehicles-charging-cables-stolen-copper-tesla-5f003686cade63fade2e8d7dd3402f3a

Welcome to the Biden, Schumer, Pelosi and Jeffries USA.

He got 3 trillion dollars; I would love to see all of the earmarks and money went towards things Congress did not approve. For example, where did money come from to pay off student debt? It was not approved by Congress.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 10:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Welcome to the Biden, Schumer, Pelosi and Jeffries USA.

He got 3 trillion dollars; I would love to see all of the earmarks and money went towards things Congress did not approve. For example, where did money come from to pay off student debt? It was not approved by Congress.

Actually, it was approved by Congress. The problem with those "omnibus" type of spending bills is that nobody has the time to read all of the crap that gets crammed into them before they're voted on. As I remember hearing at the time, the so-called 'infrastructure bill', actually contained a very small percentage of the total dedicated to infrastructure projects.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 10:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, it was approved by Congress. The problem with those "omnibus" type of spending bills is that nobody has the time to read all of the crap that gets crammed into them before they're voted on. As I remember hearing at the time, the so-called 'infrastructure bill', actually contained a very small percentage of the total dedicated to infrastructure projects.

I did not think paying off student debt was approved by Congress. I thought Biden used executive orders.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 10:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not think paying off student debt was approved by Congress. I thought Biden used executive orders.

That may be the case, but your OP was talking about the so-called infrastructure bill, Student Loan Forgiveness is an entirely different matter.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 11:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may be the case, but your OP was talking about the so-called infrastructure bill, Student Loan Forgiveness is an entirely different matter.

I know this shocks you, but I tend to ramble. Wink

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 11:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may be the case, but your OP was talking about the so-called infrastructure bill, Student Loan Forgiveness is an entirely different matter.

A local aide to Marcy Kaptur was recently in the news for having received student loan forgiveness. He was getting torched on local talk radio ([color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Fred LeFebvre and the Morning News on 1370 WSPD)[/color] up here, as he was making 80k last year and is making 90k this year. Someone noted that he could have paid the loan off in ten years if he paid less than 70 bucks a month for that time period...

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/politics/2024/06/21/student-loan-forgiveness-congressional-district-race/stories/20240621133

Student loan forgiveness is becoming the focus of the Ohio 9th District race after a staffer in U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur’s office posted a picture on social media of his debt forgiven.

“Just got a call to let me know my student debt has been canceled,” Ben Kamens, Ms. Kaptur’s communications director, wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter. “This is why elections matter. Thanks @JoeBiden.”

Mr. Kamens posted a photo of the loan forgiveness letter showing that he borrowed $8,250.00 in 2010. It is unclear from the post how much he has already paid on the loan.

Mr. Kamens declined a request to comment.

In a subsequent post, he linked to the Federal Student Aid’s Saving on a Valuable Education, or SAVE, plan, which was introduced by President Joe Biden in August 2023. 

The program is an income-driven plan that bases a borrower’s monthly loan payments on their earnings. According to the program, it forgives remaining loans after the borrower has consistently made payments during the repayment period. In April, the Biden-Harris Administration reported over 871,000 people have had their student debt canceled.

During the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. Department of Education paused student loan payments and set the interest rate to 0 percent. When Mr. Biden took office, he continued to extend the pause past the pandemic.

Ms. Kaptur has supported Mr. Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan, voting in May, 2023, against a resolution that would have lifted the pause on payments. A month later, the President vetoed the resolution, and Ms. Kaptur supported his decision.

Ms. Kaptur is up for re-election in November, facing state Rep. Derek Merrin (R., Monclova Township). Mr. Merrin said her support for the President’s student loan forgiveness program is concerning for the working class. Many Republicans criticize Mr. Biden’s program, claiming the cost eliminated for borrowers is transferred to taxpayers.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2024, 02:28 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: A local aide to Marcy Kaptur was recently in the news for having received student loan forgiveness. He was getting torched on local talk radio ([color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Fred LeFebvre and the Morning News on 1370 WSPD)[/color] up here, as he was making 80k last year and is making 90k this year. Someone noted that he could have paid the loan off in ten years if he paid less than 70 bucks a month for that time period...

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/politics/2024/06/21/student-loan-forgiveness-congressional-district-race/stories/20240621133

Student loan forgiveness is becoming the focus of the Ohio 9th District race after a staffer in U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur’s office posted a picture on social media of his debt forgiven.

“Just got a call to let me know my student debt has been canceled,” Ben Kamens, Ms. Kaptur’s communications director, wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter. “This is why elections matter. Thanks @JoeBiden.”

Mr. Kamens posted a photo of the loan forgiveness letter showing that he borrowed $8,250.00 in 2010. It is unclear from the post how much he has already paid on the loan.

Mr. Kamens declined a request to comment.

In a subsequent post, he linked to the Federal Student Aid’s Saving on a Valuable Education, or SAVE, plan, which was introduced by President Joe Biden in August 2023. 

The program is an income-driven plan that bases a borrower’s monthly loan payments on their earnings. According to the program, it forgives remaining loans after the borrower has consistently made payments during the repayment period. In April, the Biden-Harris Administration reported over 871,000 people have had their student debt canceled.

During the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. Department of Education paused student loan payments and set the interest rate to 0 percent. When Mr. Biden took office, he continued to extend the pause past the pandemic.

Ms. Kaptur has supported Mr. Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan, voting in May, 2023, against a resolution that would have lifted the pause on payments. A month later, the President vetoed the resolution, and Ms. Kaptur supported his decision.

Ms. Kaptur is up for re-election in November, facing state Rep. Derek Merrin (R., Monclova Township). Mr. Merrin said her support for the President’s student loan forgiveness program is concerning for the working class. Many Republicans criticize Mr. Biden’s program, claiming the cost eliminated for borrowers is transferred to taxpayers.

Not so fast, Ms. Kaptur...

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/25/judges-halt-key-parts-of-bidens-student-loan-forgiveness-plan-save.html

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If any thread participants are interested (doubtful) in seeing the results of Biden's infrastructure legislation, you can find that information here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/build/.

You can even check out how each state/territory has benefitted here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/invest/state-fact-sheets/. Those fact sheets are not exclusively results from the IIJA.

But. Grr student debt forgiveness or boo electric vehicles I suppose.
Reply/Quote