Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden says he cured cancer? Good news is Obama says you can keep doctor
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-skewered-claiming-effectively-ended-cancer-know-why-havent-adults-intervened

One more huge lie by Joe Biden.

"One of the things I'm always asked is why Americans have sort of lost faith for a while in being able to do big things. If you could do anything at all, Joe, what would you do? I said I'd cure cancer. They looked at me like, why cancer? Because no one thinks we can. That's why, and we can. We ended cancer as we know it," the president said.

Sad giving sick people with cancer an outright lie by the POTUS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
All good. Just a stutter.
Reply/Quote
Well we probably have cured cancer, but Big Pharma wouldn't let that get out to the public. Cancer is a big money illness.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 11:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-skewered-claiming-effectively-ended-cancer-know-why-havent-adults-intervened

One more huge lie by Joe Biden.

"One of the things I'm always asked is why Americans have sort of lost faith for a while in being able to do big things. If you could do anything at all, Joe, what would you do? I said I'd cure cancer. They looked at me like, why cancer? Because no one thinks we can. That's why, and we can. We ended cancer as we know it," the president said.

Sad giving sick people with cancer an outright lie by the POTUS.

Tell me you didn't watch the clip without telling me you didn't watch the clip.

"We CAN end cancer as we know it."

Lord you are so easily led astray.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 11:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: All good. Just a stutter.

(07-26-2023, 09:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: Tell me you didn't watch the clip without telling me you didn't watch the clip.

"We CAN end cancer as we know it."

Lord you are so easily led astray.  

[Image: points-fingers-pointing.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 11:36 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: points-fingers-pointing.gif]

I mean I know no one cares about someone who stutters occasionally and it all feeds into the right's dementia fetish, but clearly it he didn't say we ended all cancer after saying we can find a way to do it.  Not even close.

What's more amusing is anytime there is a clip that is thisclose to be a stumble it gets spread like wildfire.  Like the one where he said he sold secrets.  That was a fun one until the whole clip got shared.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: I mean I know no one cares about someone who stutters occasionally and it all feeds into the right's dementia fetish, but clearly it he didn't say we ended all cancer after saying we can find a way to do it.  Not even close.

What's more amusing is anytime there is a clip that is thisclose to be a stumble it gets spread like wildfire.  Like the one where he said he sold secrets.  That was a fun one until the whole clip got shared.

“Clearly” lmao

This could be the new Yanny vs Laurel.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 12:17 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well we probably have cured cancer, but Big Pharma wouldn't let that get out to the public. Cancer is a big money illness.

If i had an incurable illness I would gladly pay millions of dollars to make me healthy.  I bet I'm not alone....cancer will still show up, big pharma will just make their money differently.

I can see this argument giving more weight if they developed a vaccine for cancer though.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 12:17 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well we probably have cured cancer, but Big Pharma wouldn't let that get out to the public. Cancer is a big money illness.

Do you realize the amount of money someone would make if they had a universal cure for cancer?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 05:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you realize the amount of money someone would make if they had a universal cure for cancer?

This. Everyone in the world has to deal with this horrific disease. A cure goes a lot further than treatments that may or may not work. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 07:18 PM)jmccracky Wrote: This. Everyone in the world has to deal with this horrific disease. A cure goes a lot further than treatments that may or may not work. 

It'd be interesting to see if a cancer cure being unveiled today would be treated as a political issue with one side mostly for it and one side mostly against it.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 05:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you realize the amount of money someone would make if they had a universal cure for cancer?

Maybe they could give it away for free like they did with the polio vaccine too.
Reply/Quote
I supplied a quote from an article, but just saw the clip. He clearly stated:
"We ended cancer as we know it"

I suggest you watch it again prior to trashing me next time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 08:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe they could give it away for free like they did with the polio vaccine too.

Yeah right. I wouldn’t expect someone to either. I mean I think we’d be moving into the trillion area. That being said, there are so many types of cancer it’s hard to imagine a single cure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Here’s the clip

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BIDEN: &quot;I said I'd cure cancer they looked at me like, why cancer? Because we can! We ended cancer as we know it.” ? <a href="https://t.co/d5j99q0ads">pic.twitter.com/d5j99q0ads</a></p>&mdash; Clown World ? (@ClownWorld_) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1683929793056894980?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 25, 2023</a></blockquote>
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 08:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I supplied a quote from an article, but just saw the clip. He clearly stated:
"We ended cancer as we know it"

I suggest you watch it again  prior to trashing me next time.

I watched the clip when you made the OP.

He didn't say what you quoted.

And I didn't trash you...even then though you're confused again.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah right. I wouldn’t expect someone to either. I mean I think we’d be moving into the trillion area. That being said, there are so many types of cancer it’s hard to imagine a single cure.

Isn't that a shame?  That we could save all those lives but it's probably a foregone conclusion that someone will profit off it instead?
Reply/Quote

And yet, someone had a universal cure for polio and didn't make a cent.

Wait, check that.

Depends on who PATENTS the cure and his/her character. If it's corporate then yes, for sure. LOTS of money. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 10:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Isn't that a shame?  That we could save all those lives but it's probably a foregone conclusion that someone will profit off it instead?

I mean we charge to treat cancer now. You could charge less to cure it and still make a lot of money.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 08:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I mean we charge to treat cancer now.  You could charge less to cure it and still make a lot of money.

I know.  Not sure we should, but that's a whole conversation on the broken medical system we have here.
Reply/Quote