Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden says same thing Trump did on pro Hamas protesters
Remember when Trump was trashed for saying there are some good people on both sides referencing the Charlotteville tragedy.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-crushed-equivocating-antisemitic-protests-fine-people-both-sides-moment

The Federalist editor-in-chief Mollie Hemingway wrote, "President Biden says there are good people on both sides of October 7."

Biden crushed for equivocating on antisemitic protests: 'Very fine people on both sides' moment
Biden condemned antisemitism and also 'those who don't understand what's going on with the Palestinians'

President Biden’s latest comment on antisemitic protests on college campuses is being called his "very fine people on both sides" moment by some on social media.

Following the president’s Earth Day comments at Prince William Forest Park in Virginia, reporters caught up with Biden and asked for a comment on anti-Israel protests occurring across multiple universities at the time.

"Do you condemn the antisemitic protests on college campuses?" Biden was asked.

Equating the antisemitic protests with people who "don’t understand" the Palestinians ignited several comments accusing Biden of echoing Trump’s "very fine people on both sides" Charlottesville comment from 2017.

"This sure sounds like he’s ACTUALLY saying there are very fine people on both sides," OutKick founder Clay Travis remarked.
"’Very fine people on both sides,’" RedState writer Bonchie agreed.

American Spectator writer Nate Hochman noted, "I'm old enough to remember when ‘good people on both sides’ was evil and racist."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
You mean when Trump was defending Nazis?

If it was that bad just quote what President Biden said?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2024/04/22/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-gaggle-triangle-va/

Quote:Prince William Forest Park
Triangle, Virginia

3:09 P.M. EDT

Q    Mr. President, what’s your message to the protesters?

Q    Do you condemn the antisemitic protests on college campuses?

THE PRESIDENT:  I condemn the antisemitic protests.  That’s why I’ve set up a program to deal with that.

I also condemn those who don’t understand what’s going on with the Palestinians and their — how they’re being —

Q    Should the Columbia University President resign?

THE PRESIDENT:  I didn’t know that.  I’ll — I’ll have to find out more about it.

Q    Should she resign?

Q    Do you need the abortion issue to win the election?

So the President condemned antisemitism and said the people in Palestine are also suffering.

So desperate to make Biden as bad as Trump...lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 03:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: You mean when Trump was defending Nazis?

If it was that bad just quote what President Biden said?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2024/04/22/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-gaggle-triangle-va/

So the President condemned antisemitism and said the people in Palestine are also suffering.

So desperate to make Biden as bad as Trump...lol.

Is not "understanding" what's happening to the Palestinians on the same level as active and overt racial bigotry?  I guess according to Biden the answer is, yes.  So it appears a "both sides do it" accusation is being made and it appears to be rather skewed by the severity of the sins of the two sides being "condemned."

Also, Trump wasn't defending Nazis when he made that statement, but you knew that and lied about it anyways.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/17/fact-check-trump-quote-very-fine-people-charlottesville/5943239002/

"You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."

I have to say, again, it amazes me with all the dumb shit Trump actually says that you and others like you have to constantly lie about things he didn't say.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 06:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Is not "understanding" what's happening to the Palestinians on the same level as active and overt racial bigotry?  I guess according to Biden the answer is, yes.  So it appears a "both sides do it" accusation is being made and it appears to be rather skewed by the severity of the sins of the two sides being "condemned."

Also, Trump wasn't defending Nazis when he made that statement, but you knew that and lied about it anyways.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/17/fact-check-trump-quote-very-fine-people-charlottesville/5943239002/

"You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."

I have to say, again, it amazes me with all the dumb shit Trump actually says that you and others like you have to constantly lie about things he didn't say.

Cool

Your source is about a meme about what Trump said...not what he said.

Quote:Fact check: Meme on Trump 'very fine people' quote contains inaccuracies

The claim: The media misquoted Trump's 'very fine people on both sides' statement about Charlottesville 
One Facebook [/url]post shows a photo of Fox News anchor Chris Wallace — the first debate's moderator — paired with a supposed fact-check of what Trump really said about Charlottesville.

The post starts with, "Claim: Both moderator Chris Wallace and Democrat nominee Joe Biden claimed that President Trump said in response to riots in Charlottesville in 2017 that neo-Nazis were 'very fine people,'"

The post the states that Trump really said, "There were very fine people on both sides, & I'm not talking about the Neo-nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned totally."

Facebook user Paul Strauss is among those who posted the viral meme. He pointed USA TODAY to a 2019 [url=https://www.scottadamssays.com/2019/04/30/the-fine-people-hoax-funnel/?fbclid=IwAR3P460O_a64QRr3Bp2qrfMU8qw80NB4_RsJJuAICz0xFdIL1Xtvlum8LrI]blog post
 from Scott Adams that describes the "very fine people" quote from Trump as a "hoax" in that the reference usually leaves off the full quote. "In other words, the president believed there were non-racists in attendance who support keeping historical monuments," the blog post states. Strauss said this "hoax" is "a lie that is tearing our country apart. Anything I can do to END it and make people aware that it was debunked two years ago, I will do."
Our ruling: Partly false

The claims in the post have been rated PARTLY FALSE. Following the 2017 white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Trump did say that there were "very fine people on both sides," when speaking about those who attended the rally in support, and those who demonstrated against it. But the meme misrepresents Trump's statements, because he did not say directly, "There were very fine people on both sides, & I'm not talking about the Neo-nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned totally." The two statements were separate, the second part coming later, after further questioning from reporters. During the first presidential debate, both Wallace and Biden referenced Trump's "very fine people" comment but did not say he applied it to neo-Nazis.

The claim was that he was misquoted...he wasn't.  Not that he wasn't defending the neo-nazis.

Later in the same press gaggle, when pressed, he gave lip service by saying they should be condemned.  BTW, he never said he condemned them...just that they should be.  But that might be splitting hairs.

Either way find a better source.

Here's the full transcript.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Quote:On Aug. 15, 2017, President Donald Trump held a press conference to discuss an executive order he had signed on infrastructure permitting. Reporters shortly began asking questions about Trump’s initial response to violent protests in Charlottesville, Va. It was at this press conference that Trump said that "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."

The next day, Trump responded, saying "If you look at what I said, you will see that that question was answered perfectly. And I was talking about people that went because they felt very strongly about the monument to Robert E. Lee, a great general. Whether you like it or not, he was one of the great generals." Trump also said he would defeat Biden "very easily."

Reporter: "Sen. (John) McCain said that the alt-right is behind these attacks, and he linked that same group to those who perpetrated the attack in Charlottesville."

Trump: "Well, I don’t know. I can’t tell you. I’m sure Senator McCain must know what he’s talking about. But when you say the alt-right, define alt-right to me. You define it. Go ahead."

Reporter: "Well, I’m saying, as Senator --"

Trump: "No, define it for me. Come on, let’s go. Define it for me."

Reporter: "Senator McCain defined them as the same group --"

Trump: "Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at -- excuse me, what about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt-right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?

"Let me ask you this: What about the fact that they came charging with clubs in their hands, swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do. As far as I’m concerned, that was a horrible, horrible day. Wait a minute. I’m not finished. I’m not finished, fake news. That was a horrible day --

" I will tell you something. I watched those very closely -- much more closely than you people watched it. And you have -- you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent. And nobody wants to say that, but 

I’ll say it right now. You had a group -- you had a group on the other side that came charging in, without a permit, and they were very, very violent."

Reporter: "Do you think that what you call the alt-left is the same as neo-Nazis?"

Trump: "Those people -- all of those people – excuse me, I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue of Robert E. Lee."

Reporter: "Should that statue be taken down?"

Trump: "Excuse me. If you take a look at some of the groups, and you see -- and you’d know it if you were honest reporters, which in many cases you’re not -- but many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee.

"So this week it’s Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week? And is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

"But they were there to protest -- excuse me, if you take a look, the night before they were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. Infrastructure question. Go ahead."

Reporter: "Should the statues of Robert E. Lee stay up?"

Trump: "I would say that’s up to a local town, community, or the federal government, depending on where it is located."

Reporter: "Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?"

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

"But there is another side. There was a group on this side. You can call them the left -- you just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

Reporter: (Inaudible) "… both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --"

Trump: "Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

Reporter: "Sir, I just didn’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don’t understand what you were saying."

Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment.  But there are two sides to the country.

I realize you truly believe Trump is capable of some kind of nuance, or even the ability to have a deeper thought other than "both sides" but I believe you are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 10:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

Your source is about a meme about what Trump said...not what he said.

The claim was that he was misquoted...he wasn't.  Not that he wasn't defending the neo-nazis.

Later in the same press gaggle, when pressed, he gave lip service by saying they should be condemned.  BTW, he never said he condemned them...just that they should be.  But that might be splitting hairs.

Either way find a better source.

Here's the full transcript.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

I realize you truly believe Trump is capable of some kind of nuance, or even the ability to have a deeper thought other than "both sides" but I believe you are wrong.

You actually think you had a moment here?

[Image: 6fd3975cdcee6d90983cf94bb5f537c4.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 02:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Remember when Trump was trashed for saying there are some good people on both sides referencing the Charlotteville tragedy.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-crushed-equivocating-antisemitic-protests-fine-people-both-sides-moment
The Federalist editor-in-chief Mollie Hemingway wrote, "President Biden says there are good people on both sides of October 7."
Biden crushed for equivocating on antisemitic protests: 'Very fine people on both sides' moment
Biden condemned antisemitism and also 'those who don't understand what's going on with the Palestinians'
President Biden’s latest comment on antisemitic protests on college campuses is being called his "very fine people on both sides" moment by some on social media.
Following the president’s Earth Day comments at Prince William Forest Park in Virginia, reporters caught up with Biden and asked for a comment on anti-Israel protests occurring across multiple universities at the time.
"Do you condemn the antisemitic protests on college campuses?" Biden was asked.
Equating the antisemitic protests with people who "don’t understand" the Palestinians ignited several comments accusing Biden of echoing Trump’s "very fine people on both sides" Charlottesville comment from 2017.
"This sure sounds like he’s ACTUALLY saying there are very fine people on both sides," OutKick founder Clay Travis remarked.
"’Very fine people on both sides,’" RedState writer Bonchie agreed.
American Spectator writer Nate Hochman noted, "I'm old enough to remember when ‘good people on both sides’ was evil and racist."

So once they added "Oct. 7" and "both sides," right wing commentators were in agreement about what Biden "said"? 

Sounds like it was unanimous, once they got the wording right.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 06:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Is not "understanding" what's happening to the Palestinians on the same level as active and overt racial bigotry?  I guess according to Biden the answer is, yes.  So it appears a "both sides do it" accusation is being made and it appears to be rather skewed by the severity of the sins of the two sides being "condemned."

So Trump wasn't defending Nazis,

but Biden WAS defending antisemitism when he condemned it?
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You actually think you had a moment here?

[Image: 6fd3975cdcee6d90983cf94bb5f537c4.gif]

No, because I'm not trying to "have a moment" or "win" or keep score.

Details are important.

I'm pointing out that your source of a "fact check" about what Trump said" wasn't talking about what you said it was.  It was talking about people defending Trump by saying he immediately denounced neo-nazi's in the same sentence.  He didn't.  And never denounced them himself...just said they "should be".

You used a bad source that said Trump did NOT denounce the nazi's until he was pressed into it rather that saying he denounced them immediately.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, because I'm not trying to "have a moment" or "win" or keep score.

Details are important.

I'm pointing out that your source of a "fact check" about what Trump said" wasn't talking about what you said it was.  It was talking about people defending Trump by saying he immediately denounced neo-nazi's in the same sentence.  He didn't.  And never denounced them himself...just said they "should be".

You used a bad source that said Trump did NOT denounce the nazi's until he was pressed into it rather that saying he denounced them immediately.

They are, but you frequently ignore them in your quest to satisfy your TDS.  Whatever 
Bloodbath ring any bells?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:38 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They are, but you frequently ignore them in your quest to satisfy your TDS.  Whatever 
Bloodbath ring any bells?

You mean the thread where I said Trump always wants to sound a like a tough guy?

Where I said this?

(03-17-2024, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've been told we can't by what he says anyway.  He either didn't really say it he didn't mean it.  You have to go by his ACTIONS.

Like, for example, holding a rally on the day that congress is certifying the election and then instructing the crowd to walk down and give congress the "encouragement" they need to "do the right thing".

Or something.

Anyway he also said this before.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-03-17-110333.png]

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1570475900277334019?s=20

And, to be fair, Trump's word salads don't always make sense.  He can be talking about cancer cause by windmills and then how many times he has to flush the toilet and then he's going to put a 100 tariff on china made cars.  I mean the guy said if Biden won there wouldn't be a Pennsylvania anymore.

On the other hand he also feels he needs to be a "tough guy" like his idols Putin and Erdogan so he uses "colorful" language like "bloodbath" no matter what he's talking about.  I'm sure Trump would love if his supporters rose up and started a revolution to give him power.  

Maybe when I shared that Trump was supporting a guy running for office at the same rally that used the R word and someone made a big deal about "how upset" I was when all I did was share that it happened and that he should not have said that.  And that is was just an old clinical" term?

Or the thread where right wing media was talking about the border now being a bloodbath?

You're going to have to provide more details.  Cool

[Image: Screenshot-20240418-083927-Chrome.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, because I'm not trying to "have a moment" or "win" or keep score.

Details are important.

I used a source that directly quoted him.  Whether it was in regard to a meme, or the lie that you, and others, keep repeating about this particular comment, is irrelevant.  What he actually said is.  Again, you guys keep repeating debunked bullshit and then acting affronted when you get called out.  Stick to what Trump actually says, he gives you plenty of ammunition without your having to make things up.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I used a source that directly quoted him.  Whether it was in regard to a meme, or the lie that you, and others, keep repeating about this particular comment, is irrelevant.  What he actually said is.  Again, you guys keep repeating debunked bullshit and then acting affronted when you get called out.  Stick to what Trump actually says, he gives you plenty of ammunition without your having to make things up.

Trump said there were good people on both sides.

When pressed he blamed the "alt-left" too...lol...and then said neo-nazis "should be condemned".

Mind you this was all days later because he wanted "all the facts" before making a statement.  I'd give him credit for that if it was true.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump said there were good people on both sides.

When pressed he blamed the "alt-left" too...lol...and then said neo-nazis "should be condemned".

Mind you this was all days later because he wanted "all the facts" before making a statement.  I'd give him credit for that if it was true.

Debunked at all levels, yet you keep repeating it.  Why do you love spreading disinformation?

Reply/Quote
The fact is Biden said there are good people on both sides. I don't see any good people who say "I am Hamas".
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote