Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden suggest twice Uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea
(04-24-2024, 03:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They don't have to buy Harris out any more than they have to go crawling back to Hillary or Elizabeth Warren.  Democrats would side with Newsom over Harris easily.  He's a man, he's mature but not OLD, he has a full head of hair and he's tall.

The same party that ran from Hillary and is rolling with Biden over all these "women and minorities that they couldn't resist appointing" have shown their hand before.  The narrative that Biden would drop out and democrats would insist on putting some sort of ultra diverse candidate in there when they've been rolling with status quo politicians (when they want to win) outside of "kinda black" Obama doesn't seem as much of a given to me as it does to others. 

You're a cynic, right?  How hard should it be to convince you that the rulers of the democratic party want that "diversity hiring" for you and not them?

When I say buy Harris out I mean what do they give her to go quietly into that good night?  She could raise holy hell about being the first black woman VP and being passed over for a straight white man.  I don't think for one second the Dems really care about doing this, but they care about the optics of doing this.  Hence Harris will have to get a golden parachute.  

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When I say buy Harris out I mean what do they give her to go quietly into that good night?  She could raise holy hell about being the first black woman VP and being passed over for a straight white man.  I don't think for one second the Dems really care about doing this, but they care about the optics of doing this.  Hence Harris will have to get a golden parachute.  

Meh, isn't she like...insanely unpopular?  If democrats are open about not liking her now, I don't see why they'd respond to her kvetching over not getting a chance to hand the country over to Trump with anything other than a diplomatic exile.

At any rate, Newsom would almost certainly put a non-white woman on as his VP so all would be forgiven in the land of token pleasantries. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, isn't she like...insanely unpopular?  If democrats are open about not liking her now, I don't see why they'd respond to her kvetching over not getting a chance to hand the country over to Trump with anything other than a diplomatic exile.

Yes, she's unelectable in a general election.  But she's much more popular within the party.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/03/14/kamala-harris-not-popular-beyond-democrats-poll/72944269007/

The poll isn’t all doom and gloom for Harris, who is immensely popular among fellow Democrats.

Overall, 76% of voters who identified as Democrats approve of Harris' job performance which slightly trails the 84% of Democratic voters who approve of Biden's performance in office.

Harris gets her highest marks from Black voters, who at 51% approve of her job performance, compared to 33% of white voters and 39% of Hispanic voters, according to the USA TODAY/Suffolk University survey.

You think the Dems are going to alienate, and stoke voter apathy among the black population?  Risk them staying home and not voting at all?  I don't see any way they take that chance.  Not to mention the women who will be turned off, and single woman are the Dems largest voter block by far.

Quote:At any rate, Newsom would almost certainly put a non-white woman on as his VP so all would be forgiven in the land of token pleasantries. 

Yeah, maybe.  Maybe Buttegieg?

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You think the Dems are going to alienate, and stoke voter apathy among the black population?  Risk them staying home and not voting at all?  I don't see any way they take that chance.  Not to mention the women who will be turned off, and single woman are the Dems largest voter block by far.

They already have when they kept the border open and flooded our country with illegals. I believe minorities aren't happy about it and are starting to realize the left only cares for them at election time. 

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, she's unelectable in a general election.  But she's much more popular within the party.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/03/14/kamala-harris-not-popular-beyond-democrats-poll/72944269007/

The poll isn’t all doom and gloom for Harris, who is immensely popular among fellow Democrats.

Overall, 76% of voters who identified as Democrats approve of Harris' job performance which slightly trails the 84% of Democratic voters who approve of Biden's performance in office.

Harris gets her highest marks from Black voters, who at 51% approve of her job performance, compared to 33% of white voters and 39% of Hispanic voters, according to the USA TODAY/Suffolk University survey.

You think the Dems are going to alienate, and stoke voter apathy among the black population?  Risk them staying home and not voting at all?  I don't see any way they take that chance.  Not to mention the women who will be turned off, and single woman are the Dems largest voter block by far.

The way you put it it sounds like democrats are actually smart to stick with Biden, because the other options are Harris who we know can't win, or someone other than Harris with the enough voters staying home because they didn't hand the nomination to Harris, who can't win.

I think you just talked me into saying that if the goal is to keep Trump from taking over the USA, sticking with an 80+ year old, dementia-riddled Joe Biden is oddly the most logical choice.

[Image: db24390569-dark-brandon-2024-biden-harri...width=1500]

On a more serious note, I had to change my party affiliation in 2022 so I could vote in local stuff (PA is weird like that), which was done because my wife is a teacher and is as wrapped up in local school board insanity as I am in this national stuff SO I got to vote in my first ever primary at the tender age of 42.  It was pretty pointless, but I officially cast my first ever vote for Biden, in a sense.  I'm hooked on that Dark Brandon energy.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They already have when they kept the border open and flooded our country with illegals. I believe minorities aren't happy about it and are starting to realize the left only cares for them at election time. 

This sentiment is absolutely not confined to the Dems, meaning only being cared about around election time.  There's no danger of a black voter exodus from the Dems as the GOP has done an abysmal job courting the black vote, when they even try.  Which isn't often.  The danger for the Dems is black voters staying home and not voting, which I think is a very real possibility this year.  You've already hit on one reason.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The way you put it it sounds like democrats are actually smart to stick with Biden, because the other options are Harris who we know can't win, or someone other than Harris with the enough voters staying home because they didn't hand the nomination to Harris, who can't win.

No, you do what I suggested, you buy Harris off.  It won't be done publicly, but she'd get something she wants and would publicly state she's no longer interested in holding public office for X reason.  Something like devoting her time to her family and activism.

Quote:I think you just talked me into saying that if the goal is to keep Trump from taking over the USA, sticking with an 80+ year old, dementia-riddled Joe Biden is oddly the most logical choice.

Nah.  I think Biden loses to Trump, and unless something changes drastically I think he will lose rather handily.

Reply/Quote
Just the title of this thread, man. All timer.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nah.  I think Biden loses to Trump, and unless something changes drastically I think he will lose rather handily.

I'll buy that Trump wins, but I don't see him winning handily.  Trump walked a tightrope to win in 2016, and while it isn't impossible that he does it again, I just don't see a 2024 version of Trump being that much more successful than a 2016 version of him. 

Trump does overperform the rest of his party, but seeing how Trump needs to flip multiple states that Biden won in 2020 that followed in 2022 by electing democrats to the senate and/or governor...it's possible but I'm not betting on it.  But as I've said, this must be a frustrating time for normal conservatives to see the democrats hand them 2 terms on a silver platter but watch people insist that Trump gets another shot.

Toss in the notion that had Trump lost in 2016 he'd almost certainly have become the president from 2020-2028 and this stuff gets even weirder.  

Personally, I mostly want Trump to lose because I want to see how people react when he says it was rigged again and then see if the whole "He'll take over on inauguration day, the election will be overturned soon, Trump will be back in 2028" and so on narratives get accepted again.  Add in that it's quite likely Trump flips GA and AZ and loses by a few as 2 EC votes and these narratives are going to get some extra traction based on that alone.

EDIT - I think the short of it is that people who voted for Biden in 2020 might be more in-tune and begrudgingly accepting of his crappiness than you think.  Or maybe people are more in tune with Trump's crappiness and they go back to their 2016 form and consider Biden circa 2024 to be on the same level as Hillary 2016 as in "we know what we have in you, let's try the crazier option."
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll buy that Trump wins, but I don't see him winning handily.  Trump walked a tightrope to win in 2016, and while it isn't impossible that he does it again, I just don't see a 2024 version of Trump being that much more successful than a 2016 version of him. 

Trump does overperform the rest of his party, but seeing how Trump needs to flip multiple states that Biden won in 2020 that followed in 2022 by electing democrats to the senate and/or governor...it's possible but I'm not betting on it.  But as I've said, this must be a frustrating time for normal conservatives to see the democrats hand them 2 terms on a silver platter but watch people insist that Trump gets another shot.

Toss in the notion that had Trump lost in 2016 he'd almost certainly have become the president from 2020-2028 and this stuff gets even weirder.  

Personally, I mostly want Trump to lose because I want to see how people react when he says it was rigged again and then see if the whole "He'll take over on inauguration day, the election will be overturned soon, Trump will be back in 2028" and so on narratives get accepted again.  Add in that it's quite likely Trump flips GA and AZ and loses by a few as 2 EC votes and these narratives are going to get some extra traction based on that alone.

Here's an interesting thought.  If Trump wins the national vote, which polling shows to be definitely possible, there is a coalition of left leaning states that have pledged to give their EC votes to the national vote winner.  If Trump wins the national vote then he'll win the EC in a landlside.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's an interesting thought.  If Trump wins the national vote, which polling shows to be definitely possible, there is a coalition of left leaning states that have pledged to give their EC votes to the national vote winner.  If Trump wins the national vote then he'll win the EC in a landlside.

If Trump wins the popular vote Biden is going to go down as a McGovern-level embarrassment.  Bonus points for me picking a guy who lost to a dude who wanted the president to be immune to prosecution. 

It could happen, but I feel like this is like wanting your team to win the Super Bowl 77-0, it's possible but you might be asking for a bit too much.
Reply/Quote
An interesting fact and it concerns Ohio. The DNC oved their convention back and as a result, Biden would not qualify to be on the ballot in Ohio.

My guess is this is fixed, but Ohio is not rolling over and insisting Democrats meet the deadline to be on the ballot.

If Biden is not on the Ohio ballot, Trump wins Ohio in a landslide. I also saw something interesting a recent NY poll, Biden was only leading Trump by 10 points 47% to 37%. It was shocking and would cut into Biden's National vote lead if it holds anything close to that number.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: An interesting fact and it concerns Ohio. The DNC oved their convention back and as a result, Biden would not qualify to be on the ballot in Ohio.

My guess is this is fixed, but Ohio is not rolling over and insisting Democrats meet the deadline to be on the ballot.

If Biden is not on the Ohio ballot, Trump wins Ohio in a landslide. I also saw something interesting a recent NY poll, Biden was only leading Trump by 10 points 47% to 37%. It was shocking and would cut into Biden's National vote lead if it holds anything close to that number.

Biden isn't winning Ohio regardless.  

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Trump wins the popular vote Biden is going to go down as a McGovern-level embarrassment.  Bonus points for me picking a guy who lost to a dude who wanted the president to be immune to prosecution. 

It could happen, but I feel like this is like wanting your team to win the Super Bowl 77-0, it's possible but you might be asking for a bit too much.

Trump was still the President of the US on Jan.6th. Presidents leave office in late January and are still in charge of the country. 

So, are you saying Trump is wrong for doing or saying anything in his official capacity as the POTUS? If so, how will that impact future Presidents? No immunity so a Republican in the future can put Obama in prison for life for killing Bin Laden? 

In this situation, the SC has to protect the office of the POTUS to act as they see fit. Anything less would be a burden for any decision made. Heck, the nut jobs siding with Hamas could come after Biden if he has no immunity for giving weapons to Israel. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Trump wins the popular vote Biden is going to go down as a McGovern-level embarrassment.  Bonus points for me picking a guy who lost to a dude who wanted the president to be immune to prosecution. 

I really don't think it's as far fetched as you think.  But there's a lot of time between now and November.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Biden isn't winning Ohio regardless.  

You are correct, but much like NY who helps the overall popular vote, no Biden on the Ballot would add millions to Trump national vote totals. Biden got almost 2.7 million votes in Ohio in 2020.

Ohio Election Results 2020 | Live Map Updates | Voting by County & District (politico.com)

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are correct, but much like NY who helps the overall popular vote, no Biden on the Ballot would add millions to Trump national vote totals. Biden got almost 2.7 million votes in Ohio in 2020.

Ohio Election Results 2020 | Live Map Updates | Voting by County & District (politico.com)

While true, there's zero chance Biden doesn't end up on the Ohio ballot.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I really don't think it's as far fetched as you think.  But there's a lot of time between now and November.

I just think any democrat with a pulse is going to win CA and NY by enough useless excess votes to put the popular vote out of reach. Particularly with the GOP running an unpopular retread. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just think any democrat with a pulse is going to win CA and NY by enough useless excess votes to put the popular vote out of reach. Particularly with the GOP running an unpopular retread. 

I can't speak for NY, although as I've said in the past I have several friends who live in NYC and they've stated trump is more popular there lately than you'd think.  But in regard to CA, I completely agree.  There's millions here who would vote for a serial killer with a D next to their name over a genius with an R.  Hell, look at Oakland.  They elected a worse DA than Gascon, years after those types proved definitively to be a disaster in SF and LA.  And they're getting even worse results.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Liberal media NYT, WAPO, CNN and MSNBC refuse to cover a whopper of a lie by Biden. Why?

Because they want Biden to win, or more precisely they don't want Trump to win. I mean, sure, it's a disaster, all of it.

If Austria's chancellor or president just made up a story about a relative eaten by cannibals, I would be deeply embarrassed. Luckily for me, that does not happen. Not even unimportant small village mayors say absurd stuff like this here. The fact that US presidential candidates do it regularly, it's really something else.

The only issue I have with your stance here is that when I look at the alternative, barring a whole lot other problems it's even worse with the lies and the stupidity. If only the GOP ran someone remotely sane and reasonable, all your points about Biden would be so well received. But they run with a habitual liar and overall illiterate and gauche person instead, which Trump is even though FOX does not cover these instances too.

Imho, the whole country should be disgusted and outraged that these are the two choices you get and how apparently the whole system fails you the people so severely. Instead, most people are only indignant about one of the choices.
Reply/Quote