Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bieniemy getting his shot to prove himself
(02-22-2023, 05:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Mike Vrabel is doing fine in Tennesee after his decades old run ins with the law for assaultive behavior. His locker room seems to be just fine too. 

Matt Patricia got his chance after being indicted (decades ago, like Bieniemy) for aggravated sexual assault.

Maybe if Bieniemy was just from the Belichick coaching tree right?

Believe what you want, nothing on an anonymous message board is really going to sway you, but saying that it is 100% not that Bieniemy is black while white coaches with the same red flags as Bieniemy have gotten their shot is pretty harebrained. 

I think if it were just one thing...like the questionable background...or just the fact he didn't call plays in KC... or if none of his teammates attended his birthday party....then he probably would've gotten a chance sooner.  I also think NFL owners/GMs know a lot more about candidates than we ever get to see in public.  

I hope he succeeds for Washington and Rivera's sake.  I doubt he will.  What I think will probably happen is Washington will miss the playoffs again next year and the new leadership will axe them.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Congratulations and best wishes to EB.

Hope he succeeds for the Skins and ultimately parlays the opportunity into a HC position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Dude's not off to a good start

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38156107/some-commanders-players-concerned-eric-bieniemy-intensity-ron-rivera-says

Though, this isn't really the type of headline I thought I would see with him.

My guess is he feels pressure to prove himself and might be overdoing it.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 05:10 PM)basballguy Wrote: Dude's not off to a good start

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38156107/some-commanders-players-concerned-eric-bieniemy-intensity-ron-rivera-says

Or…this is why he never nabbed one of those HC jobs.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 05:10 PM)basballguy Wrote: Dude's not off to a good start

hes making them practice hard....  They should appreciate that
Reply/Quote
Will be interested in seeing how Bieniemy does as a true OC for Washington.

I wasn't against bringing him in at the time when Marv was cut loose. Still, we got the right guy. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 05:10 PM)basballguy Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38156107/some-commanders-players-concerned-eric-bieniemy-intensity-ron-rivera-says

It appeared to me he has the support of the coaching staff and that players are coming around. He was right when he said if he doesn't do well, he gets fired. So I guess them players will either have to adapt or ride the bench because it doesn't sound like he's going to mellow out anytime soon. I wish him luck, but yeah, 15 passes for head coach does raise concerns.

Reply/Quote
Looks like his time in DC might be done already with Kingsbury emerging as a candidate for his role
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 05:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: Looks like his time in DC might be done already with Kingsbury emerging as a candidate for his role

Oh wow. Yea didn’t even think about that after seeing the Kingsbury story earlier.

So somebody could have Belichick as HC, Bieniemy as OC, and Rivera as DC.

Man. Zac better get us back to the Super Bowl quick.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2024, 01:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Oh wow. Yea didn’t even think about that after seeing the Kingsbury story earlier.

So somebody could have Belichick as HC, Bieniemy as OC, and Rivera as DC.

Man. Zac better get us back to the Super Bowl quick.

Isn't Bill Bellyache pretty much locked out this year?  I was talking about this with my football pals and I think he could be frozen out for a year and then the next "young offensive minded HC" who gets the axe will be replaced by Bill who is the exact opposite of all that stuff.
Reply/Quote
I know Howell was leading the league in passing yards for a little bit, but he finished with under 4k passing yards despite leading the NFL in passing attempts, while also leading the NFL in both INTs and Sacks. The Commanders were last in the NFL in rushing attempts despite being 7th in rushing YPC.

That's going to be a hard sell for anyone to hire him as OC again, let alone HC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote