Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ben Back For Week 8? Maybe Not.
(10-25-2015, 08:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The Steelers, when healthy, have possibly the most talented roster in the league, the Bengals not so much. 

You're so wrong with this one. The Bengals have not only a more talented roster than the steelers....on both sides of the ball.....but also a deeper and healthier roster. Go back to sleep and maybe you will wake up from this bad dream.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 09:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm sure this helps you sleep at night, too bad no one outside your deluded fan base thinks it.  You are your record, I'll give you that, but there isn't a single team in this league that would prefer to play a healthy Steelers squad to the Bengals.  Keep talking though, it'll make your inevitable playoff gagfest all the more enjoyable.  Hell, the Steelers might get lucky and draw you guys in the divisional round.  It's essentially the same thing as a bye week.

I've heard  seveal talking heads say the Bengals may have the most talented roster in the NFL.  It's not just the fanbase. 

That doesn't mean I think the Bengals beat the Steelers.   Their struggles against the run could mean a long day.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 08:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It was unfortunate, still, going 2-2 without your starting QB is nothing to be ashamed of.  You seem to have me confused with someone who's feeling you can hurt.  The Steelers, when healthy, have possibly the most talented roster in the league, the Bengals not so much.  Still, I'm sure you guys would go 2-2 with your backup, even 3rd string QB, right?  Your team does have a proven track record of handling adversity well.

Both teams are very talented on offense... 

QB  Edge to Big Ben when healthy.. 
RB  Slight Edge to Pitts... Bell is great but the combo of Hill and Gio is just very good
WR  Even
TE  Big Edge Cincy
Offense line   Big  Edge to  Cincy

Defense
Defense line:  Edge Bengals
Linebackers:  Edge Steelers 
Corners/Safety:  Edge Bengals

Home field goes to Steelers....

This game will be a a tight one between two good teams... I still give edge to Bengals  (they have the edge on defense)  and with Ben just coming back Steelers might not be at the top of their game just yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:02 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Both teams are very talented on offense... 

QB  Edge to Big Ben when healthy.. 
RB  Slight Edge to Pitts... Bell is great but the combo of Hill and Gio is just very good
WR  Even
TE  Big Edge Cincy
Offense line   Big  Edge to  Cincy

Defense
Defense line:  Edge Bengals
Linebackers:  Edge Steelers 
Corners/Safety:  Edge Bengals

Home field goes to Steelers....

This game will be a a tight one between two good teams... I still give edge to Bengals  (they have the edge on defense)  and with Ben just coming back Steelers might not be at the top of their game just yet.

Ben won't want to play against us. If he does with his hurt knee he won't be able to get out of the ice tub after the game. Ben might end his season by coming back early against our DL with their LT and center out. Bengals might get 4 sacks and a half of dozen hits at least.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ben won't want to play against us. If he does with his hurt knee he won't be able to get out of the ice tub after the game. Ben might end his season by coming back early against our DL with their LT and center out. Bengals might get 4 sacks and a half of dozen hits at least.

well they have improved in getting Ben to throw early and they love those bunch patterns and quick screens.. we need to contain Bell to some medium runs... not the big ones.. he going to get some negative runs with his style we just need to contain him from the big runs.... and we should be ok on defense... if we do that and get pressure on 3rd down passing the ball
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals will beat whoever Steelers run out there

(10-25-2015, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As long as the Bengals are up for the game, as much as the Steelers will be, they should win going away.

(10-25-2015, 07:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Oh, the Steelers, that's all I heard last week, people on here saying how great the Steelers are....Here is some sad violin music for the Steelers who lost again today and to the Chiefs, who the Bengals beat.... Violin

and suddenly Steelers aren't looking all that unbeatable as people on here were talking....

Bengals will beat whoever Steelers run out there. Big Ben, no big deal, Bengals will win.  Get him out there. 

(10-25-2015, 07:31 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals are going to have Steeler Fans talking draft day and draft picks very early this year.....Steelers are 4-3 and sinking quickly into the toilet to be flushed away....Bengals will go to 7-0 and Steelers will fall to 4-4.....and all these people acting like the Steelers are so great will be talking Steelers draft picks by Thanksgiving Day. ....So send out Big Ben, bring him on, Bengals will still beat the Steelers. 

Steeler fans need to know that Bengals beating Chiefs and Chiefs beating Steelers is like a division loss right there to the Bengals.....Chiefs help Bengals gain a game and Steelers fall back a game.  Maybe not a good day for Steeler fans to be talking smack talk, more of a day to cry into those terrible towels. 

(10-26-2015, 11:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ben won't want to play against us. If he does with his hurt knee he won't be able to get out of the ice tub after the game. Ben might end his season by coming back early against our DL with their LT and center out. Bengals might get 4 sacks and a half of dozen hits at least.

For the last, oh, 10 years or more I've said that it doesn't matter the record or the health of the team when it comes to divisional games.

Even years when one team was much less good divisional games are almost always tough and can go either way.  The QB could throw a bunch of INT's while still dominating and lose (as Ben did against the Browns a few years ago) or the back up could have the game of his life and beat the division leader (as Batch did a few years ago).

But I do have to admit all this hubris bring a tear to my eye as I remember fondly the message board back in 2005.  Cool

Only difference now is that with the new board and new member names its harder to tell who the bandwagon fans are and who is jut blowing the dust off their orange towels to come out and cheer since the team is winning.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He'll play next week.

heard he had a set back but was still looking to play... Just gotta keep an eye on the practice reports
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: For the last, oh, 10 years or more I've said that it doesn't matter the record or the health of the team when it comes to divisional games.

Even years when one team was much less good divisional games are almost always tough and can go either way.  The QB could throw a bunch of INT's while still dominating and lose (as Ben did against the Browns a few years ago) or the back up could have the game of his life and beat the division leader (as Batch did a few years ago).

But I do have to admit all this hubris bring a tear to my eye as I remember fondly the message board back in 2005.  Cool

Only difference now is that with the new board and new member names its harder to tell who the bandwagon fans are and who is jut blowing the dust off their orange towels to come out and cheer since the team is winning.

Rock On

If Ben's back at anything more than 50%, you have to give the Steelers the edge, playing at home.

With that said, you keep going to the "'2005" well to the point it's already worn out. Remember how Steelers fans always say it's the Bengals that bring up '6 rings'. Samesies.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If Ben's back at anything more than 50%, you have to give the Steelers the edge, playing at home.

With that said, you keep going to the "'2005" well to the point it's already worn out. Remember how Steelers fans always say it's the Bengals that bring up '6 rings'. Samesies.

I mentioned three times?  All this morning.

And it IS the same vibe.  The super confident Bengals fans, the manly smack talk from folks who probably never entered that forum on the old board.  

Even the fat girl pick got posted!  LOL!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Even the fat girl pick got posted!  LOL!

That fat girl pick will be featured on ancient aliens episodes a millennia from now when they discover its fragmented binary DNA on 90% of the hard drives.  You're not going to escape that one.  Best to just own up to it at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mentioned three times?  All this morning.

And it IS the same vibe.  The super confident Bengals fans, the manly smack talk from folks who probably never entered that forum on the old board.  

Even the fat girl pick got posted!  LOL!

I can understand where you are coming from on this .... However from a bengals fan perspective I don't this team reminds me at all of 2005. It feels like 1988. In 2005 we lived off turnovers and without them we were an average defense. Which is why we couldn't sustain it .... The team didn't know how to win then, quite different now.

If you base it off the fan boy Bengal fans then yes you have a point..... But most of those type of fans do not know any history before 2005. Been a fan my whole life, I didn't remember the 81 team because I was too young. But I do remember 88 and this team feels the same way. Strong balanced offense. And a consistent defense. 88 didn't have the insane amounts of turnovers that 2005 had that made the defense look better than they were.

That being said.... Ben will play, but we will win mainly because he won't be 100%. I think the game In cincy will be the tighter game because he will be 100%.

I still think it's a risk to play him because if you lose this week you only lose the division. But if he reinjures himself the season is over.
Reply/Quote
This will be different than last year because this time the Bengals actually have all their weapons on offense. Last year there was no Eifert, no Marvin Jones, Green was not at 100% and we were missing OL. And even then one game we held up well until the fourth quarter and the other it was just a fumble by Green that denied us the win. This year we can actually spread the defense out and attack the whole field (like we've been doing all season).

Defensively I fully expect Bell to get his yards and Antonio Brown will get a big play on a broken coverage (which we always do against him). Our key will be to really "bend not break" on defense. If we do that and mostly hold drives to FG attempts we have the offensive firepower to pull it out.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: But I do have to admit all this hubris bring a tear to my eye as I remember fondly the message board back in 2005.  Cool

Hubris? Have you ever met a Steelers fan?

Here, check out the comments: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/10/25/9611982/steelers-head-coach-mike-tomlin-expects-ben-roethlisberger-to-return

If you need a general sentiment: "We will beat the Bungles because we are the Steelers and they are the Bungles." They also make sure they throw in some mention of rings for good measure.

But sure, I guess you can begin to question the confidence of Bengals fans on a Bengals board when they are 6-0.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Big Ben is practicing and ready to go.

He said he is "unsure whether Cinci will go after his injured leg or not."

I'm not even sure what that answer really means.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 02:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Looks like Big Ben is practicing and ready to go.

He said he is "unsure whether Cinci will go after his injured leg or not."

I'm not even sure what that answer really means.

he had a set back last week... Says unsure if he will play this week depends on how the knee responds to the practices. and if it swells up again.

We wont go after his leg. We dont have Johnny from Karate Kid on the team...

But we will see how moble he is on that leg
Reply/Quote
I hope he does play.  I want the Stealers at 100% whenever we play them. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 02:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he had a set back last week... Says unsure if he will play this week depends on how the knee responds to the practices. and if it swells up again.

We wont go after his leg.   We dont have Johnny from Karate Kid on the team...

But we will see how moble he is on that leg

I watched a video today on NFL.com that made it seem he was definitely going to play.

Aditi KinkyKoala said that it was a sure deal.
Reply/Quote
I have a serious question...

Do all steelers fans enjoy nuts in there mouth?
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
If Ben is playing, it's absurd to think Bengals defense isn't going to target the sore knee.
You better believe they will - and if he holds onto the ball too long, he will be tackled around the knee every time. Expect it.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 12:33 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: If Ben is playing, it's absurd to think Bengals defense isn't going to target the sore knee.  
You better believe they will - and if he holds onto the ball too long, he will be tackled around the knee every time.  Expect it.

I like what Lavar Arrington said about that....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000568809/article/heywardbey-on-big-ben-his-arms-definitely-all-right

The video clip in that story.
Reply/Quote