Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ben-Pro Bowl?
Interesting that with those "torn ligaments" in his throwing shoulder Big Ben has yet to pull out of the Pro Bowl. You would think he would be far more interested in healing that horrible injury than risk further injury in a meaningless game.

Maybe we should rename him "the boy who cried wolf"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 09:29 PM)pally Wrote: Interesting that with those "torn ligaments" in his throwing shoulder Big Ben has yet to pull out of the Pro Bowl.  You would think he would be far more interested in healing that horrible injury than risk further injury in a meaningless game.  

Or just "the boy who cried."   Cry
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 09:29 PM)pally Wrote: Interesting that with those "torn ligaments" in his throwing shoulder Big Ben has yet to pull out of the Pro Bowl.  You would think he would be far more interested in healing that horrible injury than risk further injury in a meaningless game.  

(01-22-2016, 10:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Or just "the boy who cried."   Cry

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

Anyone who has ever torn a ligament in their shoulder can tell you Ben is full of crap. You can't lift you arm to put on a shirt, and there's no way you can throw a football.
Reply/Quote
It's interesting that he's a Pro Bowler period...  He wasn't all that great this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 02:52 PM)jason Wrote: It's interesting that he's a Pro Bowler period...  He wasn't all that great this year.

Mellow

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&conference=0011&season=2015&seasonType=REG

[Image: ben2016.jpg]

ThumbsUp
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 07:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&conference=0011&season=2015&seasonType=REG

ThumbsUp

11 fewer TDs, and 3 more picks than Derek Carr?  A lower QBR than Alex Smith?  I was wrong.  Ben was pretty good this year. ThumbsUp
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 08:00 PM)jason Wrote: 11 fewer TDs, and 3 more picks than Derek Carr?  A lower QBR than Alex Smith?  I was wrong.  Ben was pretty good this year. ThumbsUp

And all of them better than the Red Rider BB Gun.   Smirk
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

ThumbsUp

So your counter argument is Ben is better because his team sucked and he had to air it out more often, leading to inflated yardage in garbage time?

Uh huh.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Jen shouldn't be in the pro bowl . Not this year. He was too careless with the ball.... Moreso than usual.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 01:29 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So your counter argument is Ben is better because his team sucked and he had to air it out more often, leading to inflated yardage in garbage time?

Uh huh.

Shocked

Dang...I forgot how rookies post in smack talk.

I thought Ben was just a game manager?

Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

Mellow

If he was a game manager, he would not have thrown so many INTS at critical times the last few years... Shocked
Reply/Quote

ThumbsUp
A few things:

Why you highlite Big Ben's average?

Ben deserves the PB nomination, but mostly because of who he is, not what he did this year

I though I heard Ben pulled out and Eli took the spot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

Mellow

You go ahead and show me where I ever Ben was a game manager?

Nice try at obfuscation, however.

And stop using emojis - you come off like a 12 year old.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 01:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A few things:

Why you highlite Big Ben's average?

Ben deserves the PB nomination, but mostly because of who he is, not what he did this year

I though I heard Ben pulled out and Eli took the spot.

I just highlighted the ones he was ahead of Andy and vice-versa.

(01-23-2016, 04:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You go ahead and show me where I ever Ben was a game manager?

Nice try at obfuscation, however.

And stop using emojis - you come off like a 12 year old.

Oh, did I say YOU did it?

No?

Was I commenting on how some folks are kind of lame when it comes to smack talk?

Yes?

Emojis make me look like a 12 year old?  As opposed to a "Space Invader Zim" gif?

Cool

Better let the moderators know to remove them so you can tell the men from the girls.  " Mellow"
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 04:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just highlighted the ones he was ahead of Andy and vice-versa.

Oh, did I say YOU did it?

No?

Was I commenting on how some folks are kind of lame when it comes to smack talk?

Yes?

Emojis make me look like a 12 year old?  As opposed to a "Space Invader Zim" gif?

Cool

Better let the moderators know to remove them so you can tell the men from the girls.  " Mellow"

Ben and Andy were tied in average.

This is not the smack forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Everyone knows that passer rating is the ultimate gauge of how well a QB is doing.  It combines the 4 stats that really matter: Completion Percentage, Yards, Touchdowns, and Interceptions, and puts them all into one number that tells you most of what you need to know.

It's pretty hard to make a legit argument that Ben had a better year than Andy, but I don't fault Steelers fans for trying.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ben and Andy were tied in average.

This is not the smack forum

Oh, I see the ave you are talking about. That's called a "mistake". Humans make them.

Tell Kain about the smack thing.

Or you implying that is why the smack is bad?  Because he knows it is not the smack forum?

Cool
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:26 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone knows that passer rating is the ultimate gauge of how well a QB is doing.  It combines the 4 stats that really matter: Passer Rating, Yards, Touchdowns, and Interceptions, and puts them all into one number that tells you most of what you need to know.

It's pretty hard to make a legit argument that Ben had a better year than Andy, but I don't fault Steelers fans for trying.

Yet that is not the first thing used on the NFL.com site.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

ThumbsUp

First, not all stats are created equal.. passing attempts don't really matter.. TD to Int ratio though is a very big one.. that is the one area where Ben performed very badly... his passing rating was decent though.. the others above him in this list when you rank them in passing yards except for Brady the four people ranked above are from losing teams.. which tends to make sense since they are usually behind and have to pass.

If i was ranking by importance I would put TD to InT first, with passing rating second.

and the area where I would also consider QBs is how team did in the regular season.  Ben had a good year,, I have no problem giving him props for a good year.. Dalton had a superior year without a doubt and was in line still for MVP consideration before he got hurt.
Reply/Quote