Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Appreciation for Jim O
Just wanted to give major props to Jim O for time and effort he spends in terms of interacting with this board.

He's has been a part of our community for about 2 1/2 years now. He continues to share a lot of great news, articles and opinions with us...including answering all of our questions in the 'Ask Jim' thread. 

Not only is he a tremendous writer, but he actually seems to very much enjoy interacting with the fans. He has given us a ton of good information, and he also isn't afraid to let you know if he thinks you're wrong about something.

It's very rare anymore for a writer to take the time to interact with an online fan community in the way that Jim has. I would just like to thank him for the time he spends here, his always interesting articles and for his ability to engage with an often cynical fan base in an always classy manner.

So, thanks for being a part of our community Jim...even though it can get a little crazy at times. LOL 
Reply/Quote
The truth, muchly appreciated Jim O. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Ditto to what 'Holic said.

For those unfamiliar with Jim O, on here. Just check out the article that he wrote and shared on here, on Tim Krumrie. Fantastic piece of work about a legendary Bengal and his struggle with traumatic brain injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Couldn't agree more,

Jim O's input here is very much appreciated !
Reply/Quote
Yes, great work Jim.

Listen to the BBP all the way here in Iowa, keeps.me.informed and makes my drive to work fly.by
Reply/Quote
I started reading this and slowly began wondering what misfortune had befallen Jim. It sounded a bit like a send-off of sorts. Glad it's just a shoutout and Jim is okay.

Jim?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I started reading this and slowly began wondering what misfortune had befallen Jim.  It sounded a bit like a send-off of sorts.  Glad it's just a shoutout and Jim is okay.

Jim?

Other than having to be associated with the Bengals your guess is as good as mine.
Reply/Quote
I appreciate that he's patient with the fans even when we're all fired up (understandably so, but still).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I started reading this and slowly began wondering what misfortune had befallen Jim.  It sounded a bit like a send-off of sorts.  Glad it's just a shoutout and Jim is okay.

Jim?

Nah, just wanted to show some appreciation for the fact he continues to come here and put up with us. LOL
Reply/Quote
Yup. Best Bengals Twitter follow out there too.
Reply/Quote
I guess we're all "day to day" :-) But I'm not headed anywhere. Appreciate the love!

I try my best - as everyone else I have my good and bad days regarding patience level with some things but for the most part I try to keep it light and informative. Appreciate you all for reading and sharing and following the various social mediums!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Jim definitely makes the board a better place.

Thanks for all you do

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 09:15 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I guess we're all "day to day" :-) But I'm not headed anywhere. Appreciate the love!

I try my best - as everyone else I have my good and bad days regarding patience level with some things but for the most part I try to keep it light and informative. Appreciate you all for reading and sharing and following the various social mediums!

You definitely do keep it light, and INCREDIBLY informative.

And I wish we were ALL as patient as you around here...

Thanks for all you do for us!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just wanted to give major props to Jim O for time and effort he spends in terms of interacting with this board.

He's has been a part of our community for about 2 1/2 years now. He continues to share a lot of great news, articles and opinions with us...including answering all of our questions in the 'Ask Jim' thread. 

Not only is he a tremendous writer, but he actually seems to very much enjoy interacting with the fans. He has given us a ton of good information, and he also isn't afraid to let you know if he thinks you're wrong about something.

It's very rare anymore for a writer to take the time to interact with an online fan community in the way that Jim has. I would just like to thank him for the time he spends here, his always interesting articles and for his ability to engage with an often cynical fan base in an always classy manner.

So, thanks for being a part of our community Jim...even though it can get a little crazy at times. LOL 

(12-08-2017, 09:15 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I guess we're all "day to day" :-) But I'm not headed anywhere. Appreciate the love!

[Image: what-dilly-dilly-means--and-how-bud-ligh...mpaign.jpg]

You are a true friend of the crown. No Pit of Misery for you. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
No doubt. Thanks so much, Jim. It’s so nice to get an informed opinion versus conjecture. Your opinions and information are truly valuable. We’re in your debt.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 09:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Jim definitely makes the board a better place.

Thanks for all you do

^^^This right here.  Thanks, Jim!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 09:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Nah, just wanted to show some appreciation for the fact he continues to come here and put up with us. LOL

Oh... What his mind must go through when he feels he should write something on the boards regarding a Bengal loss to the steelers, or the loss or suspenision of one of our players?

[Image: tumblr_n0ns4h00k71svzbplo1_1280.jpg]

Keep up the good work Jim. We really do appreciate all you do.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
I like the way that Jim responds and seems to set things straight when rumors are flying. Very informative. Thanks for participating Jim.
Reply/Quote
Yes kudos.....enjoy the input.
Reply/Quote
As everyone else has said, Thank You Jim!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote