Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It can't be Burfict. Someone else on the team is going to have to step up and send  a "message". That's how the Steelers mostly get away with it. It's always someone new. Now it's Juju. Some guy who wasn't even on their team last year.

Although he says he wasn't (of course), I think Illoka sent the message to Bryant at the end of the game.....
Reply/Quote
**** Ben. Who cares what he says or thinks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:45 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: **** Ben. Who cares what he says or thinks.

Let’s not forget, this all really started because one of the fat guys on the Steelers threatened to “pop” or shoot Vontaze on twitter after he cleanly tackled Leveon cry baby and he was hurt.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 06:08 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yeah It is, we should just make the tiger face our logo

Absolutely. Once Marvin is gone, I'm hoping we make a logo/uniform change. They both reek of the disappointing Marvin Lewis era. 
Reply/Quote
Steelers and Ravens fans should fear the day their franchise QBs retire, as it's becoming harder and harder to find a legit QB. Roethlisberger will be 36 next season and has been talking about retirement for the past two years, so I don't see him playing more than three more seasons. Add in the fact that Le'Veon Bell is playing on the tag and Brown will be 30 years old next year, and the Steelers may get knocked off the mountain within a few years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Steelers and Ravens fans should fear the day their franchise QBs retire, as it's becoming harder and harder to find a legit QB. Roethlisberger will be 36 next season and has been talking about retirement for the past two years, so I don't see him playing more than three more seasons. Add in the fact that Le'Veon Bell is playing on the tag and Brown will be 30 years old next year, and the Steelers may get knocked off the mountain within a few years.

Doesn't matter if the Steelers franchise QB retires. That organization still finds a way not to stay bad for very long. And they start with the O-Line and a bruising ground game. And just like they did in 2005, just plug in a game manager and - voila! 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:17 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Doesn't matter if the Steelers franchise QB retires. That organization still finds a way not to stay bad for very long. And they start with the O-Line and a bruising ground game. And just like they did in 2005, just plug in a game manager and - voila! 

Except the game has evolved a lot from 2005 to now, and Roethlisberger was better even then compared to a lot of QBs coming out now.
Besides, I didn't say they will fall to the depths of the Browns, but I think it's feasible to see them teeter around 6-10 to 9-7 for a few years after Roethlisberger is gone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It can't be Burfict. Someone else on the team is going to have to step up and send  a "message". That's how the Steelers mostly get away with it. It's always someone new. Now it's Juju. Some guy who wasn't even on their team last year.

I SO wish Reggie Nelson was still here.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: I SO wish Reggie Nelson was still here.....

Makes me miss Odell Thurman
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Steelers are the biggest sore winners in the league.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: I SO wish Reggie Nelson was still here.....

'Member when Tomlin got all pissy because Nelson went low on Bell.  Smirk
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:20 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: 'Member when Tomlin got all pissy because Nelson went low on Bell.  Smirk

LOL.....yup!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Steelers and Ravens fans should fear the day their franchise QBs retire, as it's becoming harder and harder to find a legit QB. Roethlisberger will be 36 next season and has been talking about retirement for the past two years, so I don't see him playing more than three more seasons. Add in the fact that Le'Veon Bell is playing on the tag and Brown will be 30 years old next year, and the Steelers may get knocked off the mountain within a few years.
Is it? There’s been some pretty good one’s in the last few years, Wentz, Goff, Watson, just to name a few. With our luck the Steelers will find another HoFer.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Let’s not forget, this all really started because one of the fat guys on the Steelers threatened to “pop” or shoot Vontaze on twitter after he cleanly tackled Leveon cry baby and he was hurt.

Actually it started with Carson Palmer lying on the field with his leg pretzelled and it's been escalating since.  The one positive thing about Monday was that there seemed to be a slight shift in the tone of the coverage.  It was less "those dirty Bengals" (except when it was coming out of the mouth of a Steeler) and more "has this rivalry gone too far?"

"Those dirty Steelers" is obviously a bridge too far for the media.  But when they do a piece that highlights all the dirty hits the Steelers have gotten away with that were followed by "rules clarifications" and all they have to balance it with is a couple of bang-bang plays that were as Marvin says "within the scope of football" then it's kind of hard to keep your eyes completely closed unless you're a true Steelers bandwagoneer.

Then Shazier injures himself doing exactly the kind of spearing that they allowed him to get away with in the playoff game.  Maybe he wouldn't be in the hospital right now if they'd thrown the flag and that playoff game had ended differently.  Maybe he would have learned something. (Although I doubt that Shazier would wave the running back by on the sideline for fear of drawing a penalty Whatever ).  

The Steelers say they "don't respect" the Bengals because the Bengals have become pesky nerd that refuses to give up their lunch money to the bully without a fight. Yeah, they've been getting the best of it lately but they never get through it without a fight.  They hate the Bengals because they know they wouldn't be getting away with it if the Bengals weren't being held to a different standard.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is it? There’s been some pretty good one’s in the last few years, Wentz, Goff, Watson, just to name a few. With our luck the Steelers will find another HoFer.

IMO yes it is. While there are recent draft classes that have up to three decent starting-caliber QBs, there have been some drafts that have straight up whiffed.
And I don't see the Steelers ever picking in the top 5 since they likely will never have such few wins in a season, so it's going to be harder for them to find a QB that other teams passed over.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:41 PM)Roland Wrote: Actually it started with Carson Palmer lying on the field with his leg pretzelled and it's been escalating since. 

Actually it started in 1983 when Keith Gary grabbed Kenny Anderson's facemask and turned his head just about all the way around..... this goes back way before Palmer....
Reply/Quote

Your on to something here.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually it started in 1983 when Keith Gary grabbed Kenny Anderson's facemask and turned his head just about all the way around..... this goes back way before Palmer....

Yep, the steelers have been making cheap shots an art form against Bengals for many years now. 

Sickening to think about how much they have gotten away with. Even attacking punters.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/16/pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-rivalry
Reply/Quote