Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Rams-Titans Trade
The Rams apparently have traded for the #1 pick in the draft. Titans moved down big time apparently. Hello LA Carson Wentz.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
This likely creates a ripple effect where the Browns have to draft Goff at 2. I kind of don't like it, being a Browns hater, there is absolutely no pressure for them to make that pick now because they don't have to make a choice.
Reply/Quote
Yep, this is a crazy move.

Hopefully, when the Rams play the Titans next year, the Titans don't send all those picks as team captains to the coin toss.
Reply/Quote
Jeff Fisher finally making the Titans a better team huh.

(I'd be a douche to take credit for that line)
Reply/Quote
This should give a higher probability that one of Treadwell, Doctson, or Coleman is available at 24, but perhaps the Titans are planning to draft a WR now that they sit at 15. Hopefully they take a different position!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This should give a higher probability that one of Treadwell, Doctson, or Coleman is available at 24, but perhaps the Titans are planning to draft a WR now that they sit at 15. Hopefully they take a different position!

I doubt Titans take a WR, they don't need a WR..

They have DGB, Rishard Matthews, Kendall Wright, etc. They will most likely go OL or defense in the 1st.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
A few considerations:

1. This screws the Browns, and therefore is a great trade. I can see the Browns not drafting Goff, and instead going for someone like Bosa (who I think would be a great fit) or trading down. SF would probably like to move up to that pick, or perhaps the Eagles.

2. There's a rumor floating around that the Broncos, Bills and Browns are going to pull off a killer trade where Tyrod Taylor ends up in Denver, the Bills get the #2 overall pick, and the Browns get both the Bills and Broncos 1st round picks, plus a bevy of others. I'd really like that trade to not happen; the Browns would have 4 picks between the Bengals #24 and #55 selections. The Bills may pass if Goff isn't their guy.

3. If the Browns do take Goff, then SF and Philly will be overpaying at #7 or #8 if they take Lynch. But Lynch will likely be gone by the time they select again in the 2nd round, which probably makes a good market for AJ McCarron. I can see one of those teams ponying up a #2 and #5 for McCarron, should the Bengals be inclined to trade him (and there's been mixed signals on that front).
Reply/Quote
Huge deal for the Titans. They have their franchise QB, now they can supplement him and the defense with all of these picks.

On the flip side, is anyone else down on this year's QB class? It just seems like none of these guys are worthy of even being a top ten pick, let alone the number one overall.
Reply/Quote
I agree that someone now is likely to overdraft on Paxton Lynch which is great for us because it pushes other talented players down in the draft. I really have no clue who the Bengals will select this year in the first round because I think very good arguments can be made for Wide Receiver and Defensive Tackle because there is tons of talent at those two positions. That is also why they may wait on them and hope to address those positions in the 2nd and 3rd instead of the first. That could then have them taking a Corner or Defensive End in the first that they think is Best Available since they value those positions more than WR and DT typically.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
You would think that Fisher would have realized he was on the right side of these kind of deals when he was with the Rams. Very risky to trade that high in draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
-Paxton Lynch could be the best QB in this draft in a couple of years, and that is what really matters.

-Titans just made a great deal. They have lots of holes to fill and can still make a major upgrade on the o-line with the #15 pick.

-Browns will make a series of trades that allows them to take a QB with the #22 pick in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:53 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: You would think that Fisher would have realized he was on the right side of these kind of deals when he was with the Rams. Very risky to trade that high in draft

Is this the same Fisher that sent out as captains in a game against the Skins the 6 players the Rams drafted using picks acquired from the Skins so that team could move up and draft RGIII?
Reply/Quote
Like I get it, you make the eval that he's the guy, so there isn't a price too big to move up for him, but at the end of the day right now, Titans win this big time.
Reply/Quote
Rams got destroyed with this trade. They get the 1st round pick, a 4th round pick, and a 6th round pick.

Titans won this so easily. They trade down in the 1st, but they get two 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick, another 1st round pick in 2017 and a 3rd round pick in 2017.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I would say the QB accustomed to playing in North Dakota would be a better fit in Cleveland than the one used to playing at Cal.

Supposedly Goff was clevelands guy. So it wont bother them if Wentz goes to LA.

What is the history when it is two QBs that go one and two.

I know Peyton Manning and that other guy. Luck and RG3. Are there others?
Reply/Quote
I am in agreement with Fred that Paxton Lynch might actually be the best QB prospect of the bunch.

I'm not buying the Wentz hype. He is as good as Brady and Manning and all the rest now? No way. I can't trust a kid that played at somedakotastate to be the number one overall pick and the face of the franchise. I have 0 faith that the Rams are going to be any better from this trade. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 02:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would say the QB accustomed to playing in North Dakota would be a better fit in Cleveland than the one used to playing at Cal.

Supposedly Goff was clevelands guy. So it wont bother them if Wentz goes to LA.

What is the history when it is two QBs that go one and two.

I know Peyton Manning and that other guy. Luck and RG3. Are there others?

Tim Couch, McNabb, and some guy from Oregon went 1-2-3 back in 1999.

Still a lot of debate about which one of those 3 had the best career

I thought Eli and Phillip Rivers went 1-2, but Rivers wasn't taken until #4.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tim Couch, McNabb, and some guy from Oregon went 1-2-3 back in 1999.

Still a lot of debate about which one of those 3 had the best career

I thought Eli and Phillip Rivers went 1-2, but Rivers wasn't taken until #4.

Joey Harrington 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:38 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Joey Harrington 

Akili Smith.
Reply/Quote
Manning and Leaf went #1 and #2
Reply/Quote