Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Sky, Montana
I’m planning on attending a conference in Big Sky, Montana this summer. The last time I went I had the opportunity to visit Yellowstone. This time I want to visit the Grand Tetons. I plan on doing some hiking, fishing, and horseback riding with my family.

If anybody is familiar with the area and has suggestions of what to do or see let me know.

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
I went there when I was a kid. All I remember is that the Grand Tetons were not far from Yellowstone at all.

When I lived in Colorado (as an adult) some friends of mine went there for whitewater rafting in the Snake River. Had to miss that trip because I could not get off work when they were going.

It can get cold as hell there at night even in the middle of the summer. So take some warm clothes.
Reply/Quote
I lived a year in Darby in the far southwest corner of the state. Probably the prettiest sight I can recall ever seeing was Painted Rocks state park not too far from Darby. In the opposite direction from Darby, also not far is Trapper Peak..  Unfortunately nearly the entire area was affected by massive fires a few years back so much of the huge forests are now gone or left bare....not to mention a lot of McBillionaires bought up huge swaths of land to build their McMansions in the area.. I'm sure you can find several LazyFuckers Ranches nearby.. The Lazy F ranches..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote