Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Stage (Prime Time) Again!!
Only 2 big stage games this year, Thursday, and a Sunday night against the Steelers.

History has them winning 1 big stage game a year, when they have played 3 or 4.

I say they lose both of these games, and as far as Thursday's game, I say the Bengals lay another egg, and Watt gets 2 sacks and scores a TD.

(Again, would love to be wrong!)
Reply/Quote
They can't beat Houston when the Bengals are a playoff team. This is a 3 win team, and I don't expect them to pull it off now.

We may be looking at another shutout.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Recipes for the Bengals losing

Marvin is still the coach? Check

Rookie QB starting? Check

Playing the Texans? Check

Prime time game? Check

Terrible offensive line? Check
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 06:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: Recipes for the Bengals losing

Prime time game? Check

Could have just used options 1 and 4.
Reply/Quote
The best way I can put this is with a phrase I heard from a young man recently: Thursday night, we are "going to get our shit pushed in". I say the final score is 21-17 (we'll score some late garbage time TD's to make it seem respectable)
Reply/Quote

Prime time game? Check

All three of Houston's TEs are concussed. The Texans' O line is at least as bad as ours (or the Jacksonville defense is the greatest collection of pass rushers ever assembled). Their defense is banged up, and their offense is no juggernaut. If, and that's a big "if" the O line can decrease their level of suck a notch, I like the Bengals' chance to bounce back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Andy and AJ are 5-17 in prime time games.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:01 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I think Andy and AJ are 5-17 in prime time games.

And that's on Marvelous Marv -- HC Extraordinaire. Take away the 0-7 primetime playoff games and the ratio is still putrid.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 02:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Only 2 big stage games this year, Thursday, and a Sunday night against the Steelers.

History has them winning 1 big stage game a year, when they have played 3 or 4.

I say they lose both of these games, and as far as Thursday's game, I say the Bengals lay another egg, and Watt gets 2 sacks and scores a TD.

(Again, would love to be wrong!)

You're probably not wrong.  We have another Bratkowski on  our hands in Zampese.  It's gonna be a long year.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You're probably not wrong.  We have another Bratkowski on  our hands in Zampese.  It's gonna be a long year.

There was a time where Bratskowski orchestrated our stellar offenses of 2005-2007... But then Marv decided to take a more defensive approach (i.e. Fix something that wasn't broken) and handcuffed Brat's playcalling  Whatever

Zampese isn't anywhere near the level of Bratkowski, not even in Brats later years
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 09:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: There was a time where Bratskowski orchestrated our stellar offenses of 2005-2007... But then Marv decided to take a more defensive approach (i.e. Fix something that wasn't broken) and handcuffed Brat's playcalling  Whatever

Zampese isn't anywhere near the level of Bratkowski, not even in Brats later years

Bratkowski was just as predictable as Zampese. Let's see the stats to back up your comments.   While you're looking for them, I'll add this:  You say Bratkowsi was stellar from 2005 to 2007?   The Bengals were 7-9 in 2007.  They were 8-8 in 2006.  Were the offenses that stellar?  Of course 2005 was a good year, but he can't hang his hat on 2005 forever.  
Reply/Quote

Prime time game? Check

You forgot a couple:

Horribly awful OC ? Check

Heart and soul of our D missing ? Check